How to Stop Hair Fall Immediately at Home
Hair loss is a common problem that affects both men and women. But how much hair fall is normal? Though it is normal to lose anything from 50-100 hairs on a daily basis, anything more than that would require a visit to the doctor for a thorough analysis of your hair. There could be a number of reasons for hair fall including diet, hormonal issues, insufficient circulation of blood, pollution and scalp infection among other things. In most cases some good home remedies should be sufficient to address your hairy issues and you can arrest your hair fall within a matter of weeks. Let’s find out some effective ways on how to stop hair fall immediately at home.
Best Ingredients to Treat Hair Fall at Home
There are a number of natural ingredients that could be very useful in solving hair fall problems. And amazingly most of them might be items that you frequently use on a daily basis. Let’s find out more about the best ingredients to treat hair fall at home as we tell you about hair fall solutions for men and women.
Coconut oil: The presence of lauric acid in coconut gives it a long straight structure allowing it to penetrate the hair shaft conveniently. A hot coconut oil massage could work wonders for your hair. It increases the flow of blood to the hair follicles, improves the strength of the hair roots and is a very good conditioner. This is widely regarded as the best remedy for hair fall.
Onion juice: Onion juice is very useful in augmenting the flow of blood to the hair follicles. This is due to its high sulphur content which also reduces inflammation and treats hair loss. It has good anti-bacterial properties which help eliminate the germs that cause infections. Onion juice for hair fall is one of the most popular remedies.
Amla: This is widely regarded as the miracle cure for hair fall. It has essential fatty acids that penetrate the follicles and makes your hair softer and shinier apart from adding to its volume. The lack of vitamin C in your diet could be one of the primary reasons for hair fall and amla which is rich in vitamin C, helps in preventing this. It is also a good antioxidant and antibacterial agent and helps fight scalp inflammation and dandruff.
Neem: The high fatty acid content in neem is extremely beneficial for your hair. Neem oil helps people with hair thinning issues. It helps strengthen the follicles and augment hair growth. You can also use neem to rinse your hair. Boil neem leaves in water and allow it to cool. Put the mixture on your hair and massage thoroughly. Wash after 10 minutes. This is one of your potent natural remedies for hair fall.
Egg white and curd: This is an excellent remedy for hair fall. Eggs are rich in sulphur which is very essential for healthy and strong hair. Curd helps in softening and strengthening the cuticle. Its antibacterial properties help fight dandruff. Mix 2 egg whites with 2 tablespoons of curd. Mix to create a nice blend and apply this to your hair. Wash it off with shampoo after 20 minutes.
Fenugreek seeds: These seeds are blessed with natural hormones that work on your follicles to stop hair fall and promote growth. The protein present in the seeds strengthens the hair shaft and helps in growing healthier hair. Soak fenugreek seeds overnight and make a paste, apply this to your hair and scalp and wash it off after 20 minutes.
Curry leaves: Curry leaves are rich in vitamins A, B, C and E and have a lot of antioxidants and proteins to make your hair robust and strong. The beta-carotene and amino acids reduce hair loss and also work towards regenerating hair follicles and grow new hair. They are also very effective in preventing premature greying of hair. Make a fine paste of curry leaves and apply to your hair and scalp. Wash off with cool water after half an hour.
Beet root: The anti-pruritic qualities of beetroot are useful in removing the scalp of dead cells and dandruff and also act as a conditioner. The iron, electrolytes and potassium help in curtailing the loss of hair. They add vitality to lifeless hair. Cut a beetroot into 2 halves and rub it into your scalp. The juice will nourish your hair cells while also helping to get rid of dead cells from the scalp.
Flax seeds: This is one of the better ingredients that you can add to your hair. The rich vitamin E and omega-3 fatty acid content helps in minimising the damage caused by environmental factors and prevent breakage. The lignans in flax seeds help protect your hair against any sort of damage. You can munch your flaxseeds or add them to a salad or your cooked preparations.
Heat the flax seed oil to make it a little warm. Massage it onto your scalp for 15 minutes. Wash your hair with a mild sulphate-free shampoo after 30 minutes.
Green tea: This is very good to nourish your scalp and protect it from dandruff and fungus. It also helps by restricting the activity of hormones that are responsible for hair loss. Green tea facilitates the removal of toxins from the scalp. The presence of polyphenolic compounds in green tea is believed to be very effective in preventing hair fall.
Boil 2 tea bags of green tea. Let it cool down and add it to your hair and scalp. Rub for 5 minutes before washing it with shampoo.
Apple cider vinegar: This is one of the most effective solutions for hair fall treatment at home as it can clear clogged follicles. The follicles are blocked with impurities which stop the nutrients from nourishing the hair, leading to hair fall. The acetic acid present in apple cider can help bring down the pH value of the scalp, thus reducing the symptoms for dandruff. Mix equal amounts of apple cider vinegar and water and use it to rinse your scalp. Let it stay for 5 minutes before washing it out.
Spinach: The iron content in spinach, vitamins A and C and protein are very effective ingredients in improving the quality of your hair. It also contributes enormously in augmenting the sebum levels which is a very good conditioner for your hair.
Home Remedies to Treat Hair Fall
There are a number of simple and useful home remedies to treat hair fall and they are cost effective as well. You can start off by following some simple tips like washing your hair on a regular basis because this is the best way to prevent scalp infections. Also, do remember not to comb your wet hair as it could be prone to breakage. A good hair massage could also help improve circulation by galvanising those follicles into action. This is effective hair fall treatment for women and men alike.
Another thing that you need to do is drink a lot of water and keep yourself well hydrated. This is the best way on - how to stop hair fall immediately naturally. The hair shaft is ¼ water. Drink a lot of natural juices that could also contribute to the health of your hair. Dehydration could have an extremely negative impact on the state of your strands.
Ensure that you have a sweat-free scalp. This is all the more important in summer especially if you have an oily scalp. Use mild shampoos in case of frequent washing to keep the scalp pH parameters at the right levels.
Do try and keep your stress levels under control by practicing yoga and meditation and keep yourself positively engaged. This is very important for it leads to proper hair growth and stops hair loss. Apart from that you can try out some home remedies to stop hair fall.
If you are trying to figure out ways on how to stop hair fall immediately at home for females, then the first thing to do is to avoid those tight hairstyles and definitely put a stop to putting chemicals on your hair.
The basic thing to do if you want to know how to stop hair fall immediately at home for males is to increase your protein diet. Add soy, fish and lean meats to your diet among other things. Also try and enhance your intake of biotin-rich food like nuts, oats, onions and sweet potatoes. You could also consider taking biotin supplements to reduce hair loss. Let’s look at some great ways on how to stop hair fall immediately with home remedies.
- Aloe vera: The use of aloe vera is one of the best ways to prevent hair loss as you make use of its anti-inflammatory and moisturising properties. The fatty acids and enzymes stop inflammation while vitamins, C, E and B-12 strengthen hair.
Mix 2 tablespoons of aloe vera gel with 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and make a smooth blend. Apply it to your hair and scalp as you divide the hair into sections to make the application easier. Use a wide toothed comb to spread the mix evenly. Use a warm towel over your scalp to ensure that the mix penetrates the scalp and moisturises well. Rinse your hair after half an hour. Use this very useful hair fall solution at home.
- Bhringraj: This is a potent natural ingredient that brings about rapid hair growth. It is rich in iron, magnesium, vitamin E, vitamin D and calcium. Massaging your hair with bhringraj increases blood circulation and is extremely good for hair fall. Its higher specific gravity in comparison with other oils ensures that it can penetrate deep inside the scalp and solve hair dryness issues.
You can even make Bhringraj oil at home. Put the bhringraj leaves out in the sun and leave them to dry for at least 2-3 days. Put the leaves in a jar of coconut oil and expose this to the sun for 2 more days. Consider it ready when the colour turns.
Heat the oil for 30 seconds before applying it to your hair and scalp. Massage thoroughly for 15 minutes and wash it off after letting it stay for half an hour.
- Egg hair mask: The protein, phosphorus, sulphur and zinc present in eggs are your panacea to treat chronic hair fall. If you use this remedy consistently the difference will be visible in the altered strength and robustness of your strands. Mix an egg with a teaspoon each of honey and olive oil. Create a consistent mix and apply this from your hair roots up to your tips. Wash after 30 minutes with lukewarm water.
- Jojoba: The potent natural properties of jojoba are excellent in preventing hair fall. Jojoba is rich in Omega 6 and 9 fatty acids and also vitamin E. It is very effective in unclogging the hair follicles and enabling the nutrients to reach the hair roots. Heat the oil slightly before applying it to your hair and scalp. Wash it off after half an hour with a mild shampoo.
- Sesame oil: This has been one of the recommended remedies for baldness. Sesame oil is full of the goodness of B-complex vitamins and amino acids, it also has manganese, phosphorus, zinc, copper and selenium. A good massage with sesame oil is considered to be very helpful for blood circulation. In Ayurveda, sesame oil functions as the base oil for most of the concoctions. It also has good antifungal properties and helps remove dandruff. Eating sesame seeds could give you your daily dose of nutrients for faster hair growth.
DIY Homemade Shampoo for Healthy Hair
Experts are unanimous in their opinion that regular shampooing is the basic measure to prevent hair fall and everything follows from there. To this end a good shampoo is an absolute essential as it will work to provide nourishment as well as cleanse your hair. Let’s look at some DIY homemade shampoos for healthy hair.
- Shikakai: This is considered an effective alternative to shampoo as it has useful hair cleansing properties but it does not wash away essential hair oils. This is recommended ayurvedic treatment for hair fall. It has vitamins C and D and that makes it ideal for the protection of your hair. Shikakai shampoo is considered to be one of the best shampoos for hair.
Soak some shikakai pods, dry amla and reetha overnight. Boil the water until the pods become soft. Wait till the liquid cools down, mash and strain the liquid. This is an excellent shampoo for hair.
- Baking soda shampoo and apple cider shampoo: Combine 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar with 2 tablespoons of baking soda, 1/3 cup of grapefruit juice, a cup of warm water and 6 drops of lavender essential oil. This is a great homemade shampoo that works to remove excess oils and clear greasy hair.
- Coconut and turmeric hair shampoo: Boil some nettle branches in hot water and strain the water. Add 2 teaspoons each of coconut oil and turmeric powder with 1 teaspoon of baking powder and a cup of apple cider vinegar. This is a great concoction for hair loss as turmeric is rich in antioxidants and is an excellent anti-inflammatory agent. It also has vitamins that are great for hair growth while coconut moisturises and strengthens your hair.
- Egg yolk shampoo: Mix together 2 egg yolks with a teaspoon of lime juice, 5 drops of an essential oil and 2 tablespoons of water to create a consistent blend. The egg yolk removes excess oils in the scalp which could lead to hair loss while the essential oil will work to clean your hair. Adding fresh lemon juice to your hair, 10 minutes before you shampoo also brings with it a lot of benefits.
- Rice water shampoo: Rice water has inositol that augments the elasticity of hair which prevents hair loss. It is loaded with amino acids, B vitamins, minerals, vitamin E and antioxidants. It also works to enhance the pH levels of your hair and scalp.
This is an effective way to stop hair fall immediately at home.
Rinse the rice water thoroughly to remove any impurities or dirt. Add water to the rice and keep it soaked for half an hour. Stir and knead it as the water turns cloudy due to the nutrients present in the rice. Add lavender oil so that the smell of the liquid is pleasant. Use this water as a potent shampoo for the health of your hair.Follow a disciplined hair care regimen for hair fall control at home and you will not have to look desperately for ways on how to stop hair fall immediately. Take care of your tresses by following the simple basic habits and you will be able to ensure the health of your tresses without too much fuss. Do visit us at Traya as our hair experts are ready with more modern and advanced methods to bring new life and beauty into your strands.