The crucial step to keep your hair healthy is to eat healthy.
A balanced diet can help you enhance your hair strength and keep it in the growth phase longer, stop hair fall, and help in regrowth making the overall quality of your hair amazing and bewildering .
If you’re facing a deficiency of certain nutrients from food, you might see the effects of it on your hair.
Which nutrients are essential for hair health?
- Protein - Hair is made of a hardened protein called Keratin. You need to include more protein-rich food in your diet to help improve your keratin structure and protect it from damage thus enhancing its quality.
- Biotin - Biotin promotes hair growth and also helps produce amino acids, the compounds that form protein which helps in hair growth .
- Iron - Iron in your red blood cells provides oxygen to your hair follicles making it less brittle and preventing it from breakage and fall out. Iron deficiency can lead to serious hair fall issues.
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids - Essential fatty acids help prevent dry scalp and promote hair growth and make it shine.
- Water - Most common, most known yet and most important factor affecting hair health yet least paid attention to is water. Hair is made of protein and water and enough water intake is necessary to maintain their moisture to avoid dryness and breakage and flaky scalp.
- B Vitamins - Vitamins B6, B12, and folate create red blood cells that carry oxygen and nutrients to all of the cells in the body, including the ones in the scalp and hair follicles. Deficiency in vitamin b can lead to alarming hair issues.
- Vitamin C - Vitamin C promotes healthy hair. It helps absorb iron and is used to form collagen, a structural fiber that makes up the connective tissue in the body, required for the healthy growth of hair tissue which then helps in hair growth and hair regrowth.
- Zinc - Zinc binds proteins that help strengthen hair follicles, and prevent hair loss compelling the hair to grow or grow back healthier.
Where to get them?
- Proteins: Eggs, Almonds, Chicken Breast, Oats, and Paneer.
- Biotin: Milk, Bananas, Walnut, Sunflower seeds, Soybean.
- Iron: Spinach, Shellfish, Pumpkinseed, Quinoa, Broccoli.
- Omega 3 Fatty Acids: Cod liver oil, Salmon, Flax seeds, Chia seeds, Walnuts.
- Water: From your water purifier ;)
- B Vitamins: Chicken, Yogurt, Leafy Greens, Eggs, Milk.
- Vitamin C: Citrus fruits, Broccoli, Red Cabbage, Cantaloupe, Kiwi.
- Zinc: Dark Chocolate, Pumpkinseed, Garlic, Watermelon Seeds, Chickpeas.
Also read: 20 best foods for hair growth
So back to the point, consuming a diet lacking the right nutrients can lead to your hair being brittle, dry and eventually causing hair loss. So, eat a balanced diet, get your dose of the right nutrients persistently that will keep you healthy, promote hair growth, especially if you’re facing hair loss due to poor nutrition.
Eat Healthy! Stay Healthy!
Popular ArticlesEffective Hair Fall Treatment For Men And Women | Shatavari Plant | Itchy Scalp | Telogen Effluvium | Ginger Powder | Shiny Hair | Hair Conditioner | Ginger Juice For Hair | Hair Smoothening | How To Increase Hair Volume | How Much Hair Fall Is Normal | Hair Rebonding | Hair Breakage | Scalp Psoriasis | Seborrheic Dermatitis | Postpartum Hair Loss | Female Pattern Baldness | Scalp Pain | How To Get Thick Hair Naturally | Layers Of Scalp
Buy Multivitamin Tablet | Buy Hair Fall Tablets | Buy Herbal Tablets | Buy Minoxidil 5% | Buy Herbal Hair Oil | Buy Hair Fall Shampoo | Buy Anti Dandruff Shampoo | Buy Hair Root Serum | Buy Digestion Tablets | Buy Shatavari Ghrita | Buy Minoxidil 2% |