Exercises for hair growth
The hair loss problem is no less than a nightmare, and having to deal with it can be depressing at times. But, our dermatologist says, losing 50-100 strands of hair in a day is normal. However, if you lose a handful of hair every time you comb or touch your hair, there is something that needs your attention.
A stressful life, unhealthy food, environmental pollution, medicinal side effects, or poor hair care regimes are some of the potent factors that aggravate hair fall issues in both women and men alike. While you cannot reverse the damage overnight, adhering to a healthy lifestyle and exercise for hair growth can help you in your hair growth journey. There are several exercise for hair fall which helps to increase blood circulation in scalp that has a positive effect on your hair.
Effective Exercises for Hair Growth
Regular exercise is a healthy way to keep yourself fit and maintain a healthy lifestyle. Exercise also helps in the hair growth cycle. Exercise for hair growth opens the pores on your scalp and increases blood circulation, which helps maintain a healthy shine and curb hair fall. There are several scalp exercises and yoga for hair growth. We have listed some exercise for hair growth below-
1. Nail Rubbing or Balayam Yoga
Balayam Yoga is the process of rubbing the nails against each other. It is a simple exercise for hair growth, and you can do it every day for 5-10 minutes. This exercise for hair growth stimulates the brain and repairs the damaged hair follicles. It also helps in increasing the blood flow on the scalp and prevents premature greying of the hair.
- Curl the fingers of both the hands towards the palm
- Next, rub the fingernails against each other repeatedly for 5 to 10 minutes. Avoid rubbing the thumbnails.
2. Scalp Massage
While scalp massage can be a simple way to pamper yourself and an excellent exercise for hair growth; it has several benefits:
- It is one of the easy and affordable ways to promote hair growth.
- Massaging the scalp with your fingertips increases blood flow on the scalp, which helps to recover from hair loss issues.
- Scalp exercise for hair growth is one of the oldest methods of hair care regimes, and ladies across the world swear by its benefits.
- Choose any hair massage oil of your choice, such as coconut, jojoba, argan, olive oil, and warm it up.
- Take small segments of your hair, and gently, using your fingers, apply oil to your scalp.
- With a gentle stroke, massage your scalp in a circular motion.
Also Read: How To Apply Oil To Hair
3. Padahastasana Yoga or Standing Forward Bend Posture
This yoga posture not just rejuvenates your body, but this is a proven yoga for hair regrowth. By performing this yoga, your head receives blood circulation, and your hair cells get enough oxygen which is essential for hair regrowth and a healthy scalp.
One best thing about Padahastasana Yoga is that it calms the digestive system, relaxes the mind, and relieves stress. Since hair fall due to stress is a common factor, this exercise for hair growth is something you must do every day.
- Stand with your back straight, keeping your legs close to one another
- Take a deep breath, and while exhaling, with your hands on the air, slowly lean and, with your fingers, try to touch your feet
- Keep your knees straight and don’t push yourself, and perform every step with ease
- Do this exercise for hair growth and repeat for up to 5-times a day
4. Neck Exercise
Stretching your neck after a long day of chores helps you relax. But, did you know neck exercise is also an effective exercise to grow hair faster? The essential exercise of moving your neck from side to side and front and back is a relaxing exercise that helps release tension from the muscle and helps boost hair growth. In addition, moving the neck muscles encourages the circulation of blood in the nearby muscles, which again stimulates the hair follicles and repair any hair damage. You should do this exercise for hair growth regularly.
- Relax and stand with your hands resting on both the sides
- Gently move and bend your head side to side
- Next, bend your head to the front and then to the back
- Make sure to do this for at least 10-15 second on each side and repeat
While jogging is believed to burn the extra flap in our body, it is also an excellent exercise for hair growth. Activities like jogging and running are proven to throw out the toxins from the system in sweat. Like we have pores in our body, there are also pores on our scalp that sweat when we exercise or run, which is an excellent exercise for hair fall.
Best Yoga for Hair Regrowth
Yoga is not only exercise but a proven way of healthy life. Besides helping your body cure and heal, yoga is a fantastic exercise for hair growth. It helps maintain healthy hair and control hair fall and other hair-related issues. Here we have clubbed some of the best yoga for hair growth:Pranayama or Breathing from Alternate Nostril
Pranayama helps reduce stress and promote healthy hair growth. Pranayama relaxes the entire body which in turn relieves stress which is one of the primary reasons for hair fall. This centuries-old exercise for hair growth is good for remarkable transitions to damaged hair.
- Sit comfortably in a place with your legs crossed with your hands relaxed on your knees.
- Now take a deep breath and exhale normally.
- Fold the index and the middle finger and with your thumb, close the right nostril and use the ring finger and the little finger to close your left nostril.
- Inhale from the right nostril and close it with your right thumb and breathe out from the left nostril
- Next, inhale from the left nostril, close it with the little and left finger, and exhale from the right nostril.
- Repeat this procedure about 5-7 times
Benefits of Exercise for Hair Growth
While now that you know exercise is good for hair growth and overall health, here are some of the benefits of exercise for hair growth-
- Blood Circulation
Regular exercise not only helps keep your body in shape but also helps in maintaining good hair health. It is because the blood flow on the scalp nourishes the hair follicles and repairs the damaged hair. Simple and easy fingertips massage on the scalp is a proven exercise for hair growth.
- Relieves Stress and Anxiety
Stress has become an unavoidable part of our life and is a significant contributor to hair fall issues. Regular exercises help relieve anxiety and elevate the mood. In addition, when you exercise, a chemical called endorphins is released, which boosts your mood and promotes sleep. With better sleep patterns and a good mood, better hair health is ensured.
Also Read: Effects of Sleep Deprivation on Body
Exercising doesn’t have to be tough or challenging. Take it slowly and do it regularly. Simple yoga and nutrition for hair growth and exercise for hair growth together help you achieve your beautiful hair dreams. There is some food for hair growth that you can include in your regular diets, such as eggs, nuts, berries, fish, soybean, spinach, or avocado, along with lots of water. Besides yoga and a proper diet, a regular hair care regime also helps in promoting hair regrowth. Understanding your hair type and using good hair care products also contribute to a healthy scalp and beautiful hair. Keep yourself motivated to do the exercises regularly, and be mindful of what you eat.
Popular ArticlesHome Remedies For Dandruff | Botox Hair Treatment | How To Stop Hair Fall Immediately At Home | Wet Hair | Types Of Dandruff | Hair Conditioner Benefits | How To Maintain Curly Hair | Deep Conditioning For Hair | Hair Care Tips For Men | Home Remedies For Dry And Frizzy Hair | How To Maintain Long Hair Men | Natural Hair Dye | Premature Baldness | Hair Serum Benefits | Alopecia Totalis | Shirodhara | Low Porosity Hair | Hot Oil For Hair | How To Regrow Thinning Hair | Alopecia Areata |
Our CollectionsAntioxidant Supplements | Anti Dandruff Products | Detox Tablets | Digestive Products | Hair Oils | Herbal Products | Immunity Boosters | Hair Care Products | Hair Treatment Products | Men's Hair Care Products | Hair Loss Treatment Plan For Female | Hair Fall Kit | Anti Dandruff Kit | Hairline Defender | Dth Blocker | Gut Health Supplements
Zahra is part of our core team. She is the hair coach-in-chief at Traya. She works closely with the doctors to monitor all cases. She is a fitness freak and has not touched sugar in years!