Fixing Your Flakes: Anti Dandruff Products
If dandruff is one of the most irritating problems, then the answers to your issues also come back to you faster than you can ask the question. Despite being a common problem, it is always embarrassing to look over your shoulder only to find your dark shirt filled with a sea of salt, but worry not, for help is readily available. Many assume that dandruff is simply the reflection of poor hygiene but they could not be more wrong. Dandruff is simply an inflammation that results when the skin reacts to yeast on the scalp. In most cases the right anti dandruff shampoo and the correct washing technique are enough to solve your dandruff issues.
Most people face minor dandruff issues and choose to ignore them without seeking any medical help. However, if the itching is severe and persistent, it might indicate the presence of an underlying condition and you might need to take the assistance of a doctor.
To treat a flaky scalp, it is advisable to remove or loosen all scaly and crust pieces with a brush or comb before washing it off with an ayurvedic shampoo. Brush your hair downwards from the scalp as this will clear the oil and cell build up and move it along your strands making it shiny.
Look for any of the following ingredients while buying an antifungal shampoo as they are your most effective dandruff solutions.
• Ketoconazole: This is an antifungal medication which is very effective for such problems across all ages. This is the best solution for dandruff.
• Selenium Sulphide: Apart from its antifungal benefits, this is used for controlling dandruff by decreasing the oil production of the scalp glands.
• Zinc Pyrithione: This is useful in inhibiting the growth of yeast which is a big factor in creating dandruff. If used effectively for a long time this can be your permanent solution for dandruff.
• Salicylic Acid: This is very useful for your acne issues as it can exfoliate the skin and keep the pores clear.
• Coal tar: This is used on the scalp for itchy, scaly scalp and dandruff issues. This is a very potent hair dandruff solution.
• Tea tree oil: This is used for dry scalp issues and also has good antiseptic and antibiotic properties.
How to Use Anti Dandruff Products
Usage of the product to a great extent depends on the type of hair that you have. Generally, you need to apply the anti dandruff shampoo only to your scalp and not your hair as it could dry out your hair. You can leave the shampoo on for 5 minutes before washing it off with lukewarm water. Use the anti dandruff shampoo twice a week at most. You can use a nice smelling normal shampoo for the rest of your hair. The use of a hair conditioner is also important to moisturise your hair.
You can use a clarifying shampoo for removing flakes in your scalp. Let the shampoo remain in your hair for about 10 minutes before rinsing it off.
How an Anti Dandruff Product Works
The anti dandruff product works by preventing the growth of the fungus. All people have the fungus but some people have an excess and that causes skin cells to multiply very quickly. The agent helps in reducing scaling and stopping the excess growth of skin cells that can lead to fungus. The shampoo helps remove the Malassezia fungus that feeds on the oil secretion from the glands and is responsible for causing dandruff.
Home Remedies for Dandruff
Home remedies have been found to be particularly effective in fighting dandruff. Certain natural remedies are good at protecting your scalp as well as enhancing the quality of your hair. A lot of people buy hair oils like olive and coconut as these are the most popular and best for your hair issues. Let’s find out how you can create your dandruff solution home remedy:
• Coconut oil: Massage 3 tablespoons of coconut oil thoroughly into your scalp. Wash after an hour with a mild shampoo and lukewarm water.
• Apple cider vinegar: Mix a quarter cup of apple cider vinegar with a quarter cup of water and apply it to your hair and scalp. Rinse it off after half an hour.
• Aloe vera gel: Apply freshly extracted gel to your scalp and let it sit for an hour. Wash it off for 1 hour and wash off with a mild shampoo. Use this remedy 2 times a week. This is your simplest hair dandruff solution at home.
• Baking soda: This is an excellent remedy to remove excess cells and oil on the scalp. Its exfoliating and antifungal qualities help remove the dandruff causing fungus and this is a unique dandruff problem solution. It needs to be used in moderation or it can strip the scalp of its oils. Mix 2 tablespoons of lemon juice with 1 ½ tablespoons of baking powder to form a thin paste. Massage into your scalp for a couple of minutes and then wash off with cool water.
• Aspirins: Mix 2 aspirins with your shampoo and apply it to your hair. Let it sit for 2 minutes before washing it off. You should buy hair detox tablets like these and create your own anti dandruff solution.
• Olive oil: Apply a couple of drops of olive oil to your scalp and massage well. Put on a shower cap and keep it overnight. Wash off with mild shampoo the next day.
Where to Buy Anti Dandruff Products Online
A number of online portals offer anti dandruff products online but it is advisable to go to a trusted, recognised source. To this end, you do not have to look far as the range of anti dandruff products at Traya are widely considered to be among the best in their
categories. The various ingredients used in their range of anti dandruff products are sourced from the finest raw materials and are guaranteed to add to your health. You can also buy some antioxidant supplements as a remedy for your dandruff issues. Ingredients like biotin, folic acid, grapefruit extract and herbs such as bhringraj, ashwagandha, guduchi, shatavari, yashtimadhu, haritaki among others are used to prepare various products of superior quality and make your scalp absolutely dandruff free.
Collection of Best Anti Dandruff Products Online at Traya
Traya has an extensive collection of anti dandruff products that are guaranteed to solve all your irritable scalp issues. Let’s take a look:
• Anti dandruff shampoo: This antifungal medicated shampoo containing Ketoconazole shampoo and aloe vera removes irritation, itchiness and is capable of making your scalp absolutely flake free. This contributes to stronger hair roots and prevents dandruff from coming back.
• Scalp oil: This contains 12 herbs including aloe vera, brahmi and bhringraj mixed together to create a potent oil formulation that stimulates the hair follicles. This is effective in controlling dandruff and is very good for treating a dry scalp.
• Herbal hair oil: This is made of essential oils such as Moti Rosha and Ylang-ylang and also includes amla, aloe vera and bhringraj among other herbs. It soothes your scalp and keeps dandruff away.
There is a lot of ambiguity regarding dandruff and its cures. Let’s find out what they are:
• What causes dandruff ?
A. The main cause of dandruff is seborrheic dermatitis which causes the skin to turn oily and scaly. These then flake off causing dandruff. Dandruff can happen in any area where oil glands are present.
• Does dandruff cause hair loss?
A. Though dandruff does not directly cause hair loss the itchiness can lead to scratching and this might damage the hair follicles and lead to some hair loss.
• Can frequent shampooing remove dandruff?
A. You should ideally use an anti dandruff shampoo twice a week and a regular OTC shampoo in between. This will help you remove all the excess oil and skin cells on your scalp which clump up to aggravate your dandruff issues.
Product Table Price List
These anti dandruff products from Traya are designed to solve all your dandruff problems and will go a long way in offering you relief from itchy, irritating scalp issues. Following are the prices of the products:
• Anti dandruff shampoo (75 ml) – ₹ 300
• Scalp oil (80 ml) – ₹ 450
• Herbal hair oil (80 ml) – ₹ 450To solve your dandruff issues, you may need to try a couple of anti dandruff products including a medicated dandruff shampoo. This process might take some time and will demand a lot of patience on your part. Do visit us at Traya and make the journey towards a dandruff free scalp a little easier with the help of some sound advice from our experts.
|Product Name||Price||Customer Avg Rating (on a scale of 5)|
|Traya Anti-dandruff Shampoo (75 ml)||Rs. 300||4.8|
|Traya Herbal Hair Oil (80ml)||Rs. 450||4.7|