Towards Silkier Strands: Hair Oils
They say that your hair is your best accessory and you should take extra care to ensure that it stays that way. The most fundamental but also the most crucial factor responsible for maintaining those terrific tresses is your choice of hair oil. Finding an oil that suits your type of hair could go a long way in helping create those strands of strength and shine.
About Hair Oils
Though our hair follicles produce sebum, a natural oil, this is not quite enough to keep the hair moisturised. We need to supplement this with a hair oil which nourishes and softens hair. Apart from bringing shine and glossiness to your strands, a hair oil also offers protection from frizz, dryness and infection. Different oils have different qualities and therefore while choosing your hair oil you need to take into consideration the texture of your hair, the scalp, climatic conditions and active infections if any. A good oil can be used in many ways and you need to test the oils that meet your needs. Coconut oil, almond oil, olive oil, castor oil and tea tree oil are some of the popular oils, and yet you might find that one of the oils works better for you than the others.
You can also use essential oils like lemon, lavender and clove but they should always be diluted with your preferred carrier oil. This is because essential oils are more concentrated and could cause irritation if applied directly. Carrier oils are lightly scented and do not interfere with the properties of the essential oils. This is what motivates people to buy immunity boosters for hair, like essential oils, as they have a number of potent properties.
How Hair Oil Works
Hair is made of a protein called keratin and needs a continuous infusion of vitamins, minerals and other nutrients to grow well. This is where hair oil is very effective. It replenishes and nourishes the scalp with beneficial ingredients. A good hair massage can open up the pores to allow enhanced oil absorption. It also neutralises the effect of harmful chemicals and treatments and augments blood circulation. This promotes root health and hair growth.
The natural oils present in hair force it to repel water. When the cuticles are damaged, washing your hair or humidity could make water penetrate the shaft and make the strands swell up. The cuticles are not capable of expanding and instead fold outwards causing scaly skin. Regular oiling keeps the hair shaft healthy and impenetrable for the water molecules.
Timely oil massages nourishes hair from the inside and makes them shiny and glossy. It prevents clogging of pores which are the main cause of infections.
The massage can stimulate the oil glands to produce a sufficient amount of oil. However, take care to wash your hair on a regular basis to prevent excess build up of oil. The trick is to achieve the right balance.
The oil also provides a protective sheath to your strands from UV rays and heat and prevents lightening of hair.
How to Use Hair Oils
The way you go about applying oil to your strands could be crucial. It could make the difference between having greasy hair and shiny & strong hair. Let’s find out how you can do it right.
• The first thing that you need to do is to find the right carrier oil for your type of hair. Use a heavy oil for a dry scalp and a light oil for a greasy scalp. Almond, coconut or jojoba oil could be some of the options.
• Choose your essential oil depending on what suits your skin. Though not mandatory they can help address specific hair concerns like dandruff or dry hair. Dilute it with a carrier oil or its strong properties might induce an allergic reaction. Rose, sandalwood or peppermint oil could be some of your preferred choices.
• Heat the oils for some time till they are warm. Warm oils are more effective as they can penetrate the hair shaft to stimulate the follicles.
• Apply oil on your scalp using your fingertips in a circular motion. Do it thoroughly over all the sections and then apply till the ends of your hair.
• Dip a towel in warm water, rinse it dry and wrap it around your hair. The heat will open up the cuticles and allow the oils to penetrate and nourish your follicles.
• Wash your hair after a couple of hours with lukewarm water. End with a cold-water rinse as it will close the cuticles and prevent the entry of moisture, grease and dirt.
Let’s look at the most effective oils for hair:
• Coconut oil: This is without question the most popular hair oil and is blessed with a wealth of benefits. It is a heat protectant, a great moisturiser and has many beneficial fatty acids to add to the silkiness of your tresses.
• Castor oil: This oil is extracted from castor beans and its rich content of proteins, minerals and vitamin E makes it extremely effective for hair growth. The antioxidants are great for the keratin, making them stronger and its antifungal properties also help fight infection. Since it has a very thick consistency it needs to be used with a carrier oil of your choice.
• Jojoba oil: This is extracted from the jojoba plant and closely resembles the sebum from our scalp, hence can blend in naturally. It is an excellent moisturiser and works well on a dry scalp to eliminate dandruff and add shine. It can be applied with an essential oil like lavender or eucalyptus to add a nice scent to your hair.
• Olive oil: This has a high fatty acid content and softens hair strands by adding a coating over the hair shafts. It also prevents damage from natural elements and pollution. Apply 2 tablespoons of olive oil on hair and wash it off after 30 minutes with lukewarm water.
Collection of Best Hair Oils Online at Traya
The herbal hair oil is a blend of some very potent essential oils and some excellent herbs that make your hair thick and lustrous. Let’s find out why this should be your chosen remedy.
Herbal hair oil: This combines essential oils like camphor and motia rosha with goat’s milk. It is made with a number of ingredients including bhringraj, Aloe vera, guduchi, yashtimadhu, coconut among others.
• The oil is very effective in enhancing scalp health and reduces scalp heat.
• The oil focuses on decreasing stress and provides a relaxing effect.
• It is also an excellent remedy for an inflamed scalp and dandruff.
Hair oil quite clearly helps you create those wonderful tresses and offers good protection too. Let’s find out more about the close relationship between oil and your strands.
• Should you oil your hair every day?
A. This depends on the condition of your hair. Oiling your hair does bring with it great benefits including good blood circulation leading to a healthier scalp. However, more oil on an oily scalp might lead to seborrheic dermatitis.
• What is the best oil for hair growth?
A. This depends on the deficiency your scalp and hair are suffering from. Coconut oil is the most popular because of its obvious protective and look enhancing qualities. Its low density allows it to penetrate the hair shaft easily and also adds to its effectiveness and makes it one of the most potent anti-dandruff products. It is the best oil for hair fall. But other oils are also good at treating specific problems.
• Can you leave oil in your hair overnight?
A. While a number of people believe that overnight oiling is good for hair, there are also those naysayers who believe that this allows more dust and impurities to settle on your hair leading to clogging of the pores. A test is probably the solution as you figure out what works for your scalp.
Product Table Price List
Traya’s herbal hair oil is an effective hair growth oil and a comprehensive solution for all your hair problems. It offers the dual advantage of safety and silkiness as it is also a hair fall control oil. Do order your bottle now and embark on your journey towards hair health.
• Herbal Hair Oil (80 ml) – ₹ 450
While hair oil is in most cases enough to maintain the quality of your hair, at times you might also need some treatment to rejuvenate and revive your damaged tresses. Do visit us at Traya for more solutions, as our experts advance you towards destination hair health.
|Product Name||Price||Customer Avg Rating (on a scale of 5)|
|Traya Herbal Hair Oil (80ml)||Rs. 450||4.7|