Bhringraj Boost - Bhringraj Oil for Hair
When it comes to choosing a hair product to stop hair fall, most people are slightly cautious because a wrong decision could aggravate the condition and lead to further hair loss, irreversible at times. It therefore becomes imperative to choose your solution after a correct analysis of your hairy issues. Probably Bhringraj hair oil is one of the few products where thBhringraj Oile possibility of adverse effects are almost negligible and that has led to a surge in popularity for this Ayurvedic answer for all hair related problems.
What is Bhringraj Oil
Bhringraj oil is obtained from a plant known as false daisy found in India and Thailand and other wet tropical places. It is a creeper that is normally seen in the wild with flowers about the size of a small button. Leaves from this plant from the sunflower family are heated with a carrier oil (sesame oil and coconut oil are options) to produce Bhringraj oil. This is also an ancient Ayurvedic remedy to rejuvenate and regrow hair. Also known as Mahabhringraj oil, this herb is believed to have miraculous effects and is known as the ‘king of herbs’.
Apart from ensuring the health of your hair there are many other bhringraj uses. The oil also helps in cleaning the liver, enhances eyesight, offers relief from headache and improves memory among other things. It helps fight skin problems such as psoriasis, acne and dermatitis, but probably, bhringraj is most effectively used as a complete solution for all hair related problems.
There are 2 different varieties of the Bhringraj plant, one yielding yellow flowers and other white. While both have similar properties, the plant bearing white flowers is preferred. According to Ayurveda this is used to balance the pitta dosha, an imbalance of which leads to excess heat in the body. This oil is used to correct this and bring about a balance in the doshas.
Bhringraj Oil for Hair Benefits
The oil is used extensively as a remedy for a variety of body disorders and complaints with extremely beneficial results. Ayurveda also recommends its oral consumption as a remedy for different ailments. Apart from being used to treat a variety of conditions like diabetes, asthma, hypertension and bronchitis, it is also used as a remedy for hair loss and dandruff. The presence of vitamins D and E, magnesium, iron, polypeptides and calcium provide the necessary nutrition to the hair. It also cools the scalp and helps in relaxation.
Also Read : Role of Nutrition in Hair Health
The presence of other organic compounds such as coumestans, phytosterols and flavonoids in Bhringraj hair oil are extremely useful in augmenting the size and thickness of the hair follicles. It is believed to have been blessed with miraculous qualities that help in rejuvenating and revitalising the hair follicles as well as your general health. It is quite simply a solution for all heath issues. There are a whole range of bhringraj uses for hair. Let’s take a look at some:
- Hair growth: The vitamin E present in Bhringraj hair oil helps combat free radicals that hamper hair growth. It is a vasodilator and helps in the widening of the blood vessels to augment blood flow and enhance hair growth.
- Prevents premature graying: It has darkening properties that aid in slowing down the proliferation of those gray strands on your scalp. A black dye obtained from its bhringraj leaves can also be used to colour your hair.
- Dandruff reduction: It has antifungal and antibacterial properties that eliminate dandruff. It helps improve blood circulation in the scalp, prevents inflammation and stops skin irritation. This is because of its higher specific gravity which helps it to penetrate the scalp and fight different conditions like folliculitis.
- Stress reliever: One of the unique qualities of Bhringraj hair oil is its capacity to relax the mind when you use it to massage your scalp. It has a lovely fragrance and produces a calming effect on the mind. Given the fact that stress is a major cause for hair loss, its capacity to relieve stress adds to its potency. It is rich in magnesium and this is also believed to contribute to improved sleep patterns and mood. This is one of the best bhringraj oil remedies.
- Helps fights baldness: Bhringraj hair oil is a great ally in fighting baldness. Regular massage with the oil is believed to stimulate hair regrowth as it distributes essential nutrients to your hair follicles.
- Improves hair quality: It can be mixed with amla and shikakai to prepare a conditioner which contributes in enhancing the strength and shine of your
Also See: Herbal Scalp Oil Containing Bhringraj
How to Use Bhringraj Oil
There are a number of ways in which we can use Bhringraj hair oil as a remedy for different hair conditions. It can be used individually or in combination with other ingredients. There are particular methods to apply the oil, and the effects will be visible in the shine of your strands after you follow the recommended processes. You will find out there is a marked difference in the quality of your hair as a result of the effects of bhringraj oil before and after use.
- Bhringraj hair oil: Heat the oil for 30 secs. Apply the oil to your hair and scalp and let it sit for an hour before washing it off with shampoo. Ensure that the oiliness does not remain.
- Sesame oil and bhringraj hair oil: Mix 1 tablespoon of sesame oil with 1 tablespoon of bhringraj oil. Heat the mix till it is warm. Massage through your scalp and hair and let it stay for 1 hour. Wash it off with a sulphate-free shampoo. The anti-oxidant properties of sesame oil help fight hair loss and it works as an antiviral and antifungal agent too. It helps combat hair infections. Use this treatment at least 2 times a week.
- Amla powder and bhringraj hair oil: Mix 1 tablespoon of amla powder with 2 tablespoons of bhringraj hair oil and heat it till the mix has turned deep brown. After the oil has cooled down, strain it into a bowl and massage it into your scalp. Leave it for 30 minutes before washing it with a mild shampoo. Apart from enhancing hair growth, this mix will help in augmenting the natural colour of the hair.
- Castor oil and bhringraj hair oil: Mix 1 tablespoon of castor oil with I tablespoon of bhringraj oil. Heat the mix for 30 seconds and then apply it thoroughly to your scalp as you move your fingers in a circular motion. Do this for a good 15 minutes, andwash it off after letting it stay for half an hour.
- Bhringraj hair oil and yogurt hair mask: This hair mask requires 1 tablespoon of bhringraj powder and 5-6 tablespoons of yogurt to be mixed well before applying to your hair and scalp. For the ones with dry hair, a tablespoon of olive is also recommended. Let it stay for 30 minutes before washing it off.
- Green tea and bhringraj hair mask: The green tea is rich in antioxidants and its combination with bhringraj restores the original moisture levels and brings relief to a dry scalp. It also protects the hair from the harmful effects of the sun and strengthens the hair from the roots.
- Bhringraj, lemon and eggs: Take a quarter cup of Bhringraj paste, add an egg and add 2 teaspoons of lemon juice. Make a paste with good consistency and apply it to your hair and scalp. Wash it off after 2 hours. Use this mask twice a week. The combination of egg and lemon will add to the smooth texture of your hair.
- Bhringraj, aloe vera and rosemary: Two spoons of the fresh aloe vera pulp mixed with 2 drops of rosemary oil and 3 spoons of bhringraj powder create the perfect pack for rapid hair growth. Add a little water for the right consistency
Bhringraj is also used to add colour to the hair by adding it to henna. It augments the effect by deepening the red-brown colour produced by henna. When you prepare the henna mix, add a tablespoon of bhringraj powder to it and leave it overnight. Using this mix regularly will not only stop graying but turn the hair back to its original tone.
Another simple method of preparing bhringraj hair oil is by adding bhringraj powder to heated coconut oil and storing it for later use.
Also Read: Benefits of Heena For Hair
Bhringraj Oil Side Effects and Precautions
Like with any ingredient, Bhringraj hair oil, despite its many advantages, also does have a few side-effects. There are some petroleum products made with Bhringraj ,which produce adverse reactions similar to a burning feeling. This could also be because of the carrier oil. Also, the oil should not be kept on the scalp overnight as it could lead to cough and cold.
If you are going to have a surgery then you should ideally discontinue the use of the oil both orally and topically to avoid the risk of bleeding. The effect of the oil on nursing mothers, children and pregnant women is not proven and it would be advisable to restrict their use for these categories, unless approved by a medical practitioner.
Where to Get Bhringraj Oil
Bhringraj hair is found in pharmacies and specialty stores, it is present in quite a few over-the-counter oils and can also be purchased online. It is also available in capsule and powder form.
At Traya, we have a whole range of products with a combination of different ingredients that are designed to add to your hair health, bhringraj being a crucial addition to different items. Our customised hair oil has been prepared to balance the doshas. The Hair Ras has been designed to add those nutritious juices to your hair and make them shine.
The Traya Scalp Oil is very effective in controlling different hair health parameters such as scalp pH, dandruff, hair growth and thickness. Apart from Bhringraj, the oil has the goodness of a wide variety of herbs such as aloe vera, brahmi, amla, guduchi, kari patta and yashtimadhu among other things. The dosage will be prescribed after a comprehensive analysis by our team of doctors. The complete strategy will be laid out before you by our experts so that you can realise the complete benefit of our solutions.
The Traya herbal hair oil combines the essence of 12 different herbs to create a wholesome blend that is guaranteed to transform your tresses into an incredible fusion of the exquisite and the strong. This inclusion of aloe vera and brahmi contribute to a healthy scalp and lustrous hair. The herbal oil is a veritable panacea for all your hair issues.
- It enhances circulation to inject blood into those sections that need an improved supply of oxygen.
- It reduces the heat that is a result of the build up of pitta near the hair roots.
- It helps in increasing the thickness of the hair.
- Helps repair hair damage caused by the eternal factors like heat dust and pollution.
- Maintains scalp pH and general scalp health.
- It eliminates oxidants that cause premature graying of hair.
- Promotes hair growth by galvanising the hair follicles.
- Removes dandruff.
The therapeutic properties of bhringraj hair oil are beyond question and the number of people using bhringraj for hair growth is increasing every year. If you use the oil/paste 2-3 times a week and continue the same for 6 months you can be assured of a bountiful growth. Try and massage the oil for at least 10 minutes after application, as this will help activate the hair follicles. Do get in touch with our team at Traya who are ready with more such options, to help you create those strands of strength.
Popular ArticlesAshwagandha | Dry Hair | Shatavari for Hair | Ashwagandha Benefits | Castor Oil For Hair | Brahmi for Hair | Onion Juice For Hair | Hair Follicle | Vitamins For Hair Growth | Egg For Hair | Curd For Hair | Bhringraj Hair Oil | Flax Seeds For Hair | Fenugreek Seeds For Hair | Redensyl | Ashwagandha Benefits For Men | Ashwagandha Leaf | Hair Wash | Damaged Hair | Jojoba Oil For Hair
Our CollectionsAntioxidant Supplements | Anti Dandruff Products | Detox Tablets | Digestive Products | Hair Oils | Herbal Products | Immunity Boosters | Hair Care Products | Hair Treatment Products | Men's Hair Care Products | Hair Loss Treatment Plan For Female | Hair Fall Kit | Anti Dandruff Kit | Hairline Defender | Dth Blocker | Gut Health Supplements
Dr. Shailendra Chaubey, BAMS
A modern-day Vaidya with 11 years of experience. He is the founder of Dr. Shailendra Healing School that helps patients recover from chronic conditions through the Ayurvedic way of life.