An Organised Defence: Immunity Boosters
A perfectly working immune system is more than capable of countering several bodily threats and disease-causing micro-organisms. But there might be those occasions when a more powerful germ might be at work which the body does not have the capacity to resist. A good immune system helps us fight such bacteria, viruses and parasites. This is when you need those immunity boosters to ensure that the body is sufficiently armed to deal with the dangers.
About Immunity Boosters
The best way to boost our immunity is to follow a healthy lifestyle. A healthy regimen can build immunity in the body and keep it protected from many serious illnesses. This could be done with the help of a balanced diet and good exercise among other things. Let us look at the things you can do to boost your immunity:
• A healthy diet with a good intake of fruits and vegetables
• Alcohol in moderation
• No smoking
• Less stress
• Taking all vaccines to ensure the body is well protected
• Adequate sleep
• Regular exercise
• Good hygiene standards
Immunity boosters are the types of foods or artificially designed supplements that bolster the defences of the body in its fight against different types of illnesses. They help strengthen the body from within:
• Immunity boosters help replenish the important nutrients like vitamins and minerals.
• They expedite the healing process.
• They energise the body and keep it ready to fight any illness and increase productivity.
•They help in maintaining different body health parameters like cholesterol, weight, metabolism and pressure among other things. A number of people buy digestive products as they help boost immunity.
Types of Immunity
There are essentially 3 types of immunity in the human body. They are:
• Innate immunity: Every human being is blessed with the natural capacity to fight any disease and ailment. This also includes the external barriers in the body, which form the initial line of defence from all disease-causing organisms or pathogens e.g., the skin and mucous membranes of the throat and gut. If the pathogen manages to get past this stage the other types of immunity come into play
• Adaptive or acquired immunity: This type of immunity develops as the body is exposed to different types of pathogens over age. The immune system builds up an army of antibodies to deal with these pathogens based on immunological memory or vaccinations.
• Passive immunity: This sort of immunity is provided by an external source and not developed by the immune system of the body. For e.g., a new born baby acquired passive immunity from the placenta at birth and mother’s milk after birth.
Types of Immunity Boosters
There are essentially 2 types of immunity boosters
1. Natural immunity boosters: These are present in plants and vegetables which are full of the goodness of vitamin C and E, beta carotene and zinc among other things. Include foods like sweet potatoes, strawberries, tomato, almonds, dairy products, kale orange juice and kiwi in your diet to enhance your capacity to fight infections. Herbs like black cumin and garlic are also good for immunity as also food rich in omega 3 fatty acids like flax seeds and beans.
2. Supplements for boosting immunity: When it is difficult to ensure all the necessary ingredients in their due proportion in our natural diet, we might have to take dietary supplements. There are a number of supplements available, all with different properties and benefits. They help improve appetite and growth and reduce fatigue and weakness. They also purify the body, improve metabolism and minimise stress among other things to ensure that your body is in the perfect state to combat illnesses.
Uses of Immunity Boosters
Immunity boosters provide the body with the necessary nutrients to make it healthy and strong. They help the body set up a proper defence mechanism and ensure that it can fight illnesses and expedite the recovery process. They contain a number of nutritious ingredients including minerals, vitamins and herbs among others. The benefits include:
•They help augment the utilisation of oxygen by the body, improve appetite and growth.
• They remove fatigue and weakness by replenishing the body with vitamins and minerals and rejuvenating it.
• It removes the impurities from the blood, maintains cholesterol and blood sugar levels.
• It helps the liver function normally, keeps the stomach healthy, contributes to a better digestive system and improves metabolism.
• It helps reduce anxiety and stress which trigger a number of ailments.
• It is used to treat bronchitis, asthma and chronic cough.
• It has good anti-inflammatory properties and improves skin complexion and health.
Immunity Booster Vitamins
The regular intake of nutritious food rich in vitamins can help improve immunity. Let’s find out more about the most vital vitamins to boost the immune system.
•Vitamin C: This is the biggest immunity booster. In fact, a deficiency in this vitamin can lead to a weakened immune system and leave your body prone to several illnesses. Foods like oranges, kale, bell pepper, broccoli and strawberries are all rich in vitamin C. The body does not store or produce vitamin C and hence you need a daily intake. There are a number of regular foods that have vitamin C and therefore supplements are not necessary.
•Vitamin B6: This is very important in helping keep the immune system robust and strong. Chicken, salmon, tuna, leafy greens and chickpeas are blessed with the goodness of this vitamin. Its deficiency can reduce the number of antibodies needed to fight infections.
•Vitamin E: Always buy antioxidant supplements which have vitamin E which helps in fighting off infection. Foods rich in vitamin E include nuts and spinach.
Ayurvedic Immunity Boosters
Ayurvedic herbs have always been considered very effective immunity boosters. A number of people buy herbal products to ensure that the body becomes stronger. Let’s find out more about the best ayurvedic immunity boosters.
• Amla: This has always been one of the most popular traditional herbs and is widely considered to be the best immune booster. It is a very good antioxidant, contributes to a good digestive system and healthy functioning of the liver.
• Ginger: Ginger is a powerful anti-inflammatory agent and antioxidant. It improves metabolism and contributes to immunity.
• Turmeric: Apart from boosting immunity it also has healing properties. The yellow element in turmeric helps bolster the immune system.
• Ashwagandha: This helps in controlling the stress hormone in the body which increases body strength to combat illnesses and boosts immunity cells.
How to Use Immunity Boosters
Natural immune system boosters like foods rich in vitamin C can be used to build immunity as they help in the production of white blood cells which are crucial to fighting infections. Increasing the intake of natural foods like fruits and green vegetables with good vitamin, iron and mineral content could be the first step to enhancing immunity. It is better to ensure your immunity through foods and not immune booster supplements.
However, at times it might be difficult to get the recommended doses of a particular nutrient from food and this when supplements become necessary. This is particularly so for senior citizens who, as a result of their reduced appetite, might not be able to consume immunity building foods and have to rely on supplements.
Supplements to boost the immune system should only be taken in consultation with your medical practitioner as they could suggest the appropriate doses to make up for your deficiencies. It is always advisable to take immune booster supplements in moderation.
How Immunity Boosters Work
Under normal circumstances the immune system operates in such a way so as to recognise an infection in the body. It then sets up an immune response so as to neutralise the threat and restore the normal functions of the body. Immunity boosters are ideally needed when the natural immunity cannot deal with an external threat or illness and a stronger response has to be generated within the body. But the trick is to ensure a balance in the resistance as a hyperactive immune system could bring in its own set of problems. A consultation with a registered medical practitioner is important to ensure that you are taking the correct dosage of supplements.
Collection of Best Immunity Booster Products Online at Traya The immunity boosters from Traya have the potency to increase immunity as well as contribute to the general health of the individual.
• Health Tatva Herbs: These are ayurvedic detox tablets and improve absorption levels in the gut to enhance metabolism. This improves hair growth and contributes to better energy levels and immunity. One should always buy immunity boosters as they keep your system protected from infections. Black pepper, ajwain, guduchi, rock salt, cumin and hing are only some of the ingredients used in this formula.
• Hair Vitamins: This is a combination of vitamins and minerals to boost your hair and body health. This helps remove iron deficiency, reduces inflammation and boosts scalp cell regeneration. It has vitamin C which helps in the production of collagen and absorption of iron and boosts immunity.
• Shatavari Nasal Drops: This is a potent remedy to stimulate hair roots and promote hair growth. Apart from that it aids a relaxing sleep. The presence of ghee sooths the scalp and acts as an immunity booster. It also has jatamansi, shatavari and yashtimadhu.
Immunity boosters have become extremely popular but there is still very little information available on the way they work, their dosage and benefits. Let’s find out more:
• How do immunity boosters work?
A. The immunity boosters help support the body and ensure that you do not fall as sick as you could. Additionally, they are supposed to aid faster recovery if you do fall ill.
• Why do you need immunity boosters?
A. The immunity system weakens with time and that is why additional supplements are deemed necessary after a certain age. Also, on occasions the body is ill-equipped to deal with certain infections and potent ingredients are necessary to bolster the defences.
Product Table Price List
The immunity booster tablets and medicines from Traya have had good success in protecting the body from infections and health disorders. Place your order and discover the wonderful benefits of these very potent products.
• Health Tatva Herbs (60 tablets) – ₹ 300
• Hair Vitamins (30 capsules) – ₹ 520
• Shatavari Nasal Drops (10 ml) – ₹ 150
With infections on the rise the immunity booster market has come under increased focus of late. However, one should be prudent when it comes to making a decision on your choice of product. Visit us at Traya and our experts will guide you as you take those steps towards achieving good hair and body health.
|Product Name||Price||Customer Avg Rating (on a scale of 5)|
|Health Tatva Herbs (60 tablets)||Rs. 300||4.8|
|Hair Vitamins (30 capsules)||Rs. 520||4.8|
|Shatavari Nasal Drops (10 ml)||Rs. 150||4.7|