Ginger Juice for Hair
Found in every Indian Kitchen, Ginger is not merely a pungent aromatic. It packs a load of benefits for your hair!
Scientifically known as Zingiber officinale, the ginger plant has widespread culinary application. In various Asian cultures, it is a key ingredient in many a preparation. However, the traditional usage of this aromatic and pungent spice has not been limited to the kitchen. The ginger rhizome has been used to treat inflammation and gastrointestinal ailments. It is an active ingredient in traditional as well as and modern medicine.
Here, we learn more about the proper uses and applications of ginger.
Does Ginger Juice Help in Hair Growth?
Ginger finds ample application in traditional medicine in promoting hair growth. However, modern research lacks enough evidence to back such a claim specifically. Let’s look at the scenarios:
Ginger Juice for hair growth
- Ginger increases blood circulation in the scalp promoting better hair growth.
- Ginger conditions the hair. It is rich in nutrients that make the hair thicker, stronger, and manageable.
Ginger juice for hair fall
- The antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties help promote better scalp health. Inflammation causes hair fall and thus ginger usage may promote better hair growth
- Ginger helps in treating dandruff which also causes hair fall, thereby preventing hair loss
Modern scientific outlook
- Research has not found enough evidence supporting the claims of ginger juice helping hair growth. We can say that by calming scalp inflammation, ginger juice causes improved hair growth.
Benefits of Ginger Juice
Ginger juice is good for hair, it is also packed with a variety of other benefits for the body.
Ginger juice for Hair Loss
Ginger contains vitamins and minerals. Magnesium, potassium, and phosphorous present in ginger nourish hair follicles and make them strong. The presence of linoleic acid (a kind of essential fatty acid) lessens hair loss. Being rich in antioxidants, the usage of ginger juice for hair prevents free radical formation reducing hair thinning and loss.
Ginger juice for dandruff
Usage of ginger juice for hair aids in preventing dandruff, scalp inflammation, and hair fall due to its antifungal, antiseptic, and anti-inflammatory properties.
Relieves cold and congestion
The most common traditional application of ginger has been in treating cold and cough. Ginger juice has amazing antibacterial properties.
Anti-inflammatory properties can help in relieving pain by mixing with a carrier oil such as olive oil and messaging over the skin.
Ginger juice awakens the taste buds and results in better secretion of digestive juices.
Due to its anti-inflammatory properties, ginger juice has been found effective in treating acne and acne scars.
- Ginger juice has been also found effective in controlling high blood pressure and removing bad breath
How to Use Ginger Juice for Hair Growth?
Applying ginger juice on scalp can provide many benefits. You can directly apply, or use ginger juice for scalp along with various accompaniments.
- Take a fresh piece and peel it. Poke the tuber with a fork so that fresh juice oozes out. Message the scalp with the poked side for a few minutes. After this cover with a towel or a shower cap for 10-15 minutes. Wash using a mild shampoo.
The second method is to take a freshly peeled root (tuber) and cut it into small pieces. Now make a fine paste from these pieces in a mixer. Add a little water when mixing to attain texture. This paste can be used for hair growth by combing with various other ingredients -
- Combine grated Ginger with equal amounts of carrier oil (coconut, olive, or jojoba) and massage it into the scalp. Leave for half an hour and then wash with a mild shampoo.
- Blend grated Ginger (two tablespoons) with lemon juice (half tablespoon) and sesame oil (three tablespoons) into a paste. Apply this to the scalp, and rinse off with shampoo after leaving for half an hour.
- Ginger paste alone can be applied to the scalp and left for 45 minutes before washing off. To make the paste a little runny, add some water while grinding.
- Mix Ginger juice (two tablespoons) with grated onion juice (one tablespoon). Use a cotton ball to apply on the scalp. Wash after keeping it on for 20 minutes.
Once you apply ginger juice to the scalp you will experience a warming and tingling effect. This is evidence of the juice working.
Can You Apply Ginger Juice Daily on Your Hair?
The benefits of applying ginger juice on hair are many. As discussed, ginger juice for hair can be applied a maximum of twice - thrice a week. As per the combination it can be left on the scalp for 30 – 45 minutes. Always use a mild shampoo after the application of ginger juice to rinse it off.
Does Ginger Juice Help Reduce Bald Spots?
There is limited research to support the claims of effectivity of ginger juice for baldness. However, since ginger juice is rich in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants it does improve the overall health of the hair. A scalp massage using ginger paste or with any combination as discussed can help in stimulating hair follicles and reducing hair thinning. Although the evidence is only anecdotal, application on bald patches or areas where a lot of hair thinning has happened may provide expected results.
Is Ginger Juice Good for Reducing Grey Hair?
The main reason for greying hair with age is the body’s inability to produce enough melanin, a pigment that lends the hair its black colour. Although ginger is rich in nutrients that stimulate melanin production, its effectiveness in reducing grey hair lacks substantial scientific evidence. At an early age, you can use ginger juice for grey hair and may get expected results.
The usage of ginger juice for hair side effects can appear in the form of rashes or itchiness. You can rub some ginger juice to the inside of the elbow to see if you have any kind of allergy.
After looking at the ginger juice for hair benefits we can safely go for its usage after being careful of the minimal side effects that may appear. Ginger juice is not just a great nutritional spice for consumption, it is also a very effective natural medicine.
Popular ArticlesEffective Hair Fall Treatment For Men And Women | Shatavari Plant | Itchy Scalp | Telogen Effluvium | Ginger Powder | Shiny Hair | Hair Conditioner | Hair Smoothening | How To Increase Hair Volume | How Much Hair Fall Is Normal | Hair Rebonding | Hair Breakage | Role Of Nutrition In Hair Health | Scalp Psoriasis | Seborrheic Dermatitis | Postpartum Hair Loss | Female Pattern Baldness | Scalp Pain | How To Get Thick Hair Naturally | Layers Of Scalp
Buy Multivitamin Tablet | Buy Hair Fall Tablets | Buy Herbal Tablets | Buy Minoxidil 5% | Buy Herbal Hair Oil | Buy Hair Fall Shampoo | Buy Anti Dandruff Shampoo | Buy Hair Root Serum | Buy Digestion Tablets | Buy Shatavari Ghrita | Buy Minoxidil 2% |
Dr. Shailendra Chaubey, BAMS
A modern-day Vaidya with 11 years of experience. He is the founder of Dr. Shailendra Healing School that helps patients recover from chronic conditions through the Ayurvedic way of life.