Apple cider vinegar, simply put is the fermented juice extracted from apples. It is prepared by adding yeast to apple juice which turns the sugar into alcohol. Bacteria then converts the alcohol into acetic acid, which is responsible for the strong smell. The process gives the liquid its probiotic qualities and facilitates the smooth functioning of the digestive system.
Apple cider vinegar has been considered as a remedy for different ailments dating back into the distant past. The Greeks used it to treat their injuries, while now it is being used as a possible solution to heart problems and to help lose weight. Apple cider vinegar can be consumed orally but one would be better advised to dilute the liquid with water or used as a dressing. It has a high acid content which could erode the enamel of your teeth or lead to other problems. As the proverbial saying goes ‘An apple a day keeps the doctor away’, in the current times apple cider vinegar has seemingly taken over the mantle from its more popular parent, given the range of benefits that it provides.
But the benefits of apple cider are not confined to its use as a health product, it can be used to enhance the beauty of your hair as well. Apple cider is now being used extensively as a comprehensive solution for all your hair problems. It can help you with dandruff issues, dry and dull hair, an itchy scalp, thinning hair among other things. The experts are quite impressed with the benefits of apple cider vinegar for hair. The apple cider vinegar shampoo has also taken the hair world by storm with a plethora of hair solutions.
Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar for Hair
Scientific evidence seems to indicate that using apple cider vinegar as a hair rinse might produce several benefits. Trichologists claim that such a rinse would be able to revive and rejuvenate your hair in a very short time. For those who have been spending a fortune opting for expensive hair products apple cider vinegar is a cheap and viable option. Let’s find out how more about the apple cider vinegar benefits for hair :
- Apple cider vinegar (ACV) has the capacity to maintain the pH balance of your hair and scalp. The ideal pH value of your scalp could be upset by some commercial shampoos. Apple cider vinegar has the capacity to revive hair growth by restoring the ideal levels. It also helps unclog the pores. Its capacity to address pH issues has inspired a lot of people to use ACV for hair.
- It has anti-fungal properties to fight against itchiness, dryness and scalp infections. It is also anti-inflammatory and prevents the growth of bacteria and also helps exfoliate the scalp and fight dandruff. A number of people have used apple cider vinegar for hair loss and have profited from the properties of this solution to enhance the condition of their hair.
- Rough hair cuticles are smoothened and split hairs repaired. This helps untangle knots and decreases the frizz. The closure of the cuticle by the enzymes makes the hair shiny as the moisture, lipids and moisture are trapped inside. As a result light shows better on the hair giving it a healthy glow. This shine is one of the main contributions of apple cider vinegar for hair.
- A rinse with the liquid could also help the individuals with curly hair get a bounce in their hair.
- An excess amount of grease flattens the hair on the scalp and removes any trace of volume. Apple cider adds life to your hair when it becomes limp and lifeless by removing the grease and the extra oils. Try this out and you will come to know about the advantages of apple cider vinegar uses for hair.
- Apple cider vinegar is also blessed with minerals and vitamins B and C which are very good for your hair. It is also believed to contain alpha-hydroxy acid which is useful in helping exfoliate skin and removing dandruff.
How to Use Apple Cider Vinegar for Hair?
The acetic content of apple cider vinegar is very useful in solving your hair problems as it is full of minerals, acids and live cultures. There are numerous ways in which to utilise apple cider vinegar for hair, but you have to find out what works best for you.
Your first priority should be the selection of the right liquid as this is crucial for achieving best results. You should always opt for the unfiltered version that is cloudy, as against the one which is watery and clear. This is because the unfiltered liquid has all the necessary nutrients for your hair. An organic version is always recommended as they are unpasteurised and is the best type of apple cider vinegar for hair growth.
Dilution of the liquid is necessary and the suggested combination is equal parts of apple cider vinegar and water added together. However, if your skin is of a more sensitive type, then add 1 part of the liquid to 2 or 3 parts of water. If you are applying it for the first time, take a skin test and when applying, do not leave it on your hair for more than 2 minutes. If your skin burns or if you experience redness or itchiness, dilute it further. If the redness persists and rashes develop, a trip to your medical consultant might be necessary. Take care to avoid the liquid going into your eyes. Use apple cider for hair with the necessary precautions.
If you have used a shampoo or conditioner, wash your hair thoroughly to remove any possible chemicals that have been left behind. Any element left behind might react with the apple cider vinegar to produce an adverse reaction.
- Use it as a detangler for your hair: You can mix apple cider vinegar and water in a ratio of 1:1 and spray it on your hair. You can then start combing your hair. This will bring in the smoothness into your strands and remove all the entanglements.
- Apple cider vinegar for dandruff: The liquid is very effective in removing dandruff as its acidic content works against the dandruff-causing fungus Malassezia. For this, mix apple cider vinegar with water and massage your hair and scalp thoroughly. Let it stay for a few minutes before washing it off with cold water.
- Brings the shine back to your hair: The chemicals present in hair products are extremely detrimental to your hair and prolonged use can lead to a piling up around the hair follicles. This extracts the life out of your hair and makes it look dull. Fret not, for solution is at hand. Mix 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar to large mug of water and rinse your hair after a shampoo. Use cold water to wash it off after a few minutes and gently apply some conditioner to the ends of your hair strands.
- A solution for oily hair: Greasy, oily hair is an issue that can only be corrected by removing the excess oil, but not eliminating the natural scalp oils in the process. Here again, apple cider vinegar comes to your rescue; mix a spoon of the liquid to a cup of water. Rinse your hair with this and find the oil balance in your hair restored. If your hair is extremely oily you can try this remedy 3 times a week. On the other hand, if your scalp tends to be dry, rinse your hair only once a week. Follow the methods closely to realise the benefits of apple cider vinegar for hair.
Apple cider vinegar has a strong smell and so you could add those drops of your chosen essential oil like lavender or lemongrass to mask the smell and also add some nutrients to your hair. Rosemary and tree tea are very good for hair growth while lemongrass is effective against dandruff.
Apart from this different types of masks with the solution are also used to provide that extra conditioning to your hair, protecting your hair and also repairing it. Use it and those versatile answers with apple cider vinegar for hair.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 3 tablespoons of honey and add it to 4 parts of water. Whisk this in a bowl until you achieve a fine consistency. Apply this carefully to your scalp and try and cover every strand of your hair. Let this stay for 10-15 minutes before washing it off. The conditioning of your hair for that silky feel has been achieved.
- For an effective remedy for damaged hair, mix a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar with 3 tablespoons of yoghurt and let this mix stay on your hair for half an hour before washing it off.
- For an itchy scalp, mix 2 tablespoons of aloe vera gel with ½ teaspoon of apple cider vinegar. Wash it off with a shampoo after 30 minutes.
- Washing hair with apple cider vinegar has helped many to achieve good hair growth. Mix 4 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar with 2 tablespoons of coconut oil and 3 tablespoons of water and keep it on for 10 minutes before washing off with water.
- For dry hair, mix 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar with 2 tablespoons of mustard oil and apply it well to your hair and scalp. Keep it on for 30 minutes before washing it off.
Using Apple Cider Vinegar for Hair Rinse
The pH factor of the hair is the most crucial thing as any irregularity can impact the quality of your hair. The levels should ideally be approximately 5.5 or lower so as to reduce damage. Any change in the pH of the hair makes it frizzy and brittle, as the cuticle is raised. A wash with an acidic solution leads to a flattening of the cuticle, a reduction in the pH level and an enhancement in hair quality. An apple cider vinegar hair rinse makes a world of difference to your hair health. Scientific evidence points to the usefulness of ACV as a hair rinse. It can be very helpful in preventing scalp infections and itchiness.
Use ½ a tablespoon of the raw unpasteurised organic ACV and mix it with a cup of cold water. Spray it around your hair and scalp and let it sit for least 5 minutes before washing it out.
The efficacy of apple cider vinegar in improving hair health has been amply proven. The only matter that needs to be addressed is the suitability of the vinegar for the skin of people with lesser toleration levels. If not, come to us at Traya and help us find your specific remedy, to put you in the league of the healthy and lovely haired people.
Hair fall treatment for men | Hair texture | Benefits of almond oil for hair | Hair thinning treatment | Oily hair | Best henna for hair | Rice water for hair | Coconut oil benefits for hair | Treatment for hair fall in females | Tea tree oil benefits for hair | Best oil for hair growth | Apple cider vinegar for hair | Natural ingredients for hair growth | Hair vitamins | Herbal health products | Hair fall solution | Hair fall treatment tips | How to know hair fall | Receding hairline treatment | Hair loss treatment online |
Buy Multivitamin Tablet | Buy Hair Fall Tablets | Buy Herbal Tablets | Buy Minoxidil 5% | Buy Herbal Hair Oil | Buy Hair Fall Shampoo | Buy Anti Dandruff Shampoo | Buy Hair Root Serum | Buy Digestion Tablets | Buy Shatavari Ghrita | Buy Minoxidil 2% |