Hairfall in teenagers & its right treatment
Hair fall is commonly seen in teens. Learn on ways to manage hair fall and get the right treatment for your hair fall.
Hair loss is a cause of concern at every age which leads to low confidence and self-esteem. However, this scenario becomes worse when a teenager has to go through it. After all, hairfall in teenagers can be very challenging as it is the age when young guys and girls look forward to staying in line and upbeat with the current trends of hairstyles to enhance their persona. Their world comes crashing down when this age of no care in the world turns into an embarrassing one. It is much more than embarrassment as it takes a toll on their mental health to a great extent. So, it is very important to treat the issue of hairfall in teenagers at the right time.
Hair fall In Teenagers
You will be glad to know that fortunately hair fall in teenagers is a temporary issue and can be rectified by appropriate treatment/remedies. Through this article, we will be highlighting all the key causes and the needful actions that you will need to take. Once you know the reasons of hair fall in teenage, it will be relatively easier for you to guard your children against further hair loss.
Reason For Hair fall In Teenage Girls
Before we tell you the reasons for hair fall in teenage girls, one should know how much hair fall is normal in a day. So, as per studies (normal hair fall per day teenage female), it is ok to lose approximately 50 to 150 strands of hair. This will help you gauge how much hairfall in teenagers is normal or it is turning out to be a cause of worry. Hair fall causes in teenage girls should be treated well on time by studying the undermentioned list.
Various factors can lead to the reasons for hair fall in teenage girl:
- Adolescent androgenic alopecia:
The condition takes place due to a genetic predisposition, which is owing to the presence of high levels of androgen hormones. This includes testosterone that is produced by the adrenal glands in females. When the hormonal level increases it impacts the hair-growing capability of the hair follicle thereby eventually causing hair loss,
- Poor nutrition:
One of the causes of hair fall in teenage females is peer pressure which can come from their social circle, school, family, etc. This leads to stress and hair fall.
It is termed as a psychological disorder, in which teenage girls have an urge to pull their hair. This leads to having bald patches on the scalp.
Certain fungal infections cause hair loss in patches, bald spots, and itchy or red scalp. These infections include tinea capitis or scalp ringworm, etc.
- Drugs or medications & medical conditions:
Causes of hair fall in teenage girl bracket can be directed towards the side effects of medications. This may include beta-blockers, amphetamines, heparin, and warfarin. In addition, certain hormonal conditions that can be listed under thyroid disease, uncontrolled diabetes, and polycystic ovary syndrome are also causes of hair fall in teenage girl bracket.
- Traction alopecia:
This type of hair loss pattern takes place when the hair is pulled tightly. Specifically in some kind of hairstyles viz. Buns, braid, ponytails or anything to do with tightening of hair.
Reason For Hair fall In Teenage Boys
When hairfall in teenagers occurs, it is equally shocking and disappointing in boys. As adolescence is time to build social skills and confidence. However, hairfall in teenagers can be overwhelming therefore it is important to understand the causes of hair fall in teenage males too. First, we need to tell you what the normal hair fall per day teenage male percentage is. Hair fall in teenagers boys is normal till they shed 50 to 100 strands per day. But beyond this is surely an alarming situation.
Hair loss can be a genetic form of hair loss.
Deficiency of vitamin A, C, D, E, zinc, biotin, folic acid, etc.
Exposure to the following can be one of the causes of hair fall in teenage males:
- Colouring the hair/chemical hair treatments done on a regular basis can damage the hair. Thereby increasing the hair breakage. These executed treatments might generally not affect the hair roots. So, once you stop doing the treatment it will probably witness hair growing back.
- Excessive heat, hair bleaching, swimming pools consisting of chlorine, etc.
These are the major reasons for hairfall in teenagers, specifically boys. However, some reasons can be common in female and male teenagers.
Ways to Prevent Hair fall In Teenager Naturally
“There is always light at the end of the tunnel”, which is what you connect with the resolution of hairfall in teenagers through these natural ways.
Let’s find out:
- What you feed your body influences one's well being thereby creating an impact on the hair too. So, eating a well-balanced diet aids in making the hair roots healthy. Therefore, it is advisable to consume foods that are high in iron, vitamins, minerals, proteins, zinc, etc that turns the hair stronger. This is one of the quintessential ways to treat hair fall in teenagers.
- It is always recommended to be gentle with hair while brushing and washing the hair. Additionally, the shampoo and conditioner should also be mild to ensure that it doesn't affect the hair's strength, growth and cause hair fall. As hair care products that are hard in nature not just cause severe hair damage but also lead to split ends and breakage.
- A perfect hair fall solution for teenage girls or boys is through a gentle massage that can be done with good and nourishing hair oil. This can be done best with coconut hair oil as it helps in strengthening the hair.
- Teenage is such an age where young girls and boys wish to dress their best and in this endeavour, they opt for various hair styling treatments. Girls mostly use curlers and flat irons to make themselves stand out in the party, get together, in hangouts, at a function, etc. However, if they use it on a long term basis it causes hair damage. So, not using these tools or using them once in a blue moon is advisable.
- Stay as stress-free as possible to prevent excess hair fall.
- There are some big no-no's that one needs to take care of i.e. don't make too tight braids/ponytails. As it strains the hair roots that are one of the causes of hair fall in teenage females.
- One of the major reasons for hair fall also includes blow-drying the hair on high heat. So, if you wish to prevent hair fall and damage then try drying the hair naturally.
When To Consult a Doctor
We understand that you must have toiled hard to get rid of hairfall in teenagers by adopting the ayurvedic treatment for hair fall, summer hair care, home remedies, etc. When your endeavours of not leaving any stone unturned seem to go in vain and there seems to be no way out. Then you should definitely seek the guidance and support of the doctor before things go out of hand. As the doctor will aid in processing the right set of medical diagnoses that will identify the reasons for hair fall in teenage girls/reasons for hair fall in teenage. Also, he will recommend the right kind of treatment needed for snapping out of such a situation. We are very sure that after the right set of treatment the hairfall in teenagers can be successfully strived through.
Popular ArticlesRedensyl Side Effects | Ashwagandha For Height | Redensyl | Scalp Psoriasis Vs Dandruff | Summer Hair Care | Monsoon Hair Care Tips | How To Reduce Hair Fall | Vitamin B12 Deficiency Hair Loss | How Often To Wash Hair | Ajwain Powder | Trichotillomania Hair Pulling Disorder | Dandruff Solution | Can Ayurveda Reverse Grey Hair | Iron Deficiency Hair Loss Treatment | How Does Vitamin E Help In Hair Growth | Stages Of Receding Hairline | What Is Sulfate Free Shampoo | Chemotherapy Hair Loss | Glycerin For Hair | Operculina Turpethum
Buy Multivitamin Tablet | Buy Hair Fall Tablets | Buy Herbal Tablets | Buy Minoxidil 5% | Buy Herbal Hair Oil | Buy Hair Fall Shampoo | Buy Anti Dandruff Shampoo | Buy Hair Root Serum | Buy Digestion Tablets | Buy Shatavari Ghrita | Buy Minoxidil 2% |