Ashwagandha For Height
Ashwagandha is an ancient ayurvedic herb with multiple healing properties, but can it increase height? Read to know more about this super ingredient.
The internet is abuzz with many height supplements. But we will never know that most of these alternatives are loaded with dangerous side effects. We must go for a safe and herbal height supplement.
Ashwagandha is a popular ingredient in traditional Ayurvedic practices and has been applied to deal with many health issues. Ashwagandha helps in dealing with many problems related to lack of sleep, anxiety, depression, weakness, neurodegenerative diseases, arthritis, and sexual wellness to name a few.
It is said that Ashwagandha can also help you in improving your height. Read on as we explore this topic a little more, busts some myths, strengthen some beliefs and explore the answer to the question – does Ashwagandha increase height?
Does Ashwagandha Increase A Person’s Height?
Let us first understand the bodily mechanism and process of height gain and growth and then you can answer this question:
- Men’s height generally grows until the age of 25 years and for women, it is 21 years. The pituitary gland controls the human growth hormone. This hormone stimulates cartilage production between the long bones of hands and legs. The cartilage further turns into bone and contributes to the increase in height. You might continue to grow even after this process (called ossification) is completed. Thus, the growth hormone factor is an important participant in the journey of height gain.
- The next important factor that impacts bone formation, muscle building, height, and strength is diet and exercise. Poor diet and lack of exercise can adversely impact these processes and in turn, negatively impact the gaining of height.
- Ashwagandha root extract (also available in the form of Ashwagandha churna) has an impact on the human growth hormone. Also due to its antioxidative nature, it positively impacts bone density. You will find out in the subsequent sections how each of these functions are impacted and promoted by the usage of Ashwagandha churna.
How does Ashwagandha help in Increasing Height?
- The below mentioned information covers almost everything you need to know about Ashwagandha and height. The bodily mechanism involved in growth and how Ashwagandha executes its effects on increasing height.The human growth hormone (HGH) plays a very important role in height growth and it is the key to solving the need to increase height. Here we need to understand another important component, known as gamma amino-butyric acid (GABA), which is a calming neurotransmitter in the brain. Getting extra GABA into the brain increases the HGH. HGH in turn is responsible for growth and development in the body. Ashwagandha root extract produces GABA and thus the HGH can be substantially increased by adding Ashwagandha root extract to your diet. Maintaining a good chemical balance and cell rejuvenation boosts the HGH hormone and in this manner, you can avail the benefit of Ashwagandha powder for height increase.
- Ashwagandha’s benefit includes increasing the expression of genes responsible for bone mineralization and thus increases bone density. Ashwagandha root also prevents oxidative stress, resulting in improved calcification of bones. Thus, Ashwagandha can increase height by availing all the benefits of the natural process of height increase. This has to be complemented obviously with a focus on proper diet and exercising.
- Thus, Ashwagandha directly does not impact the growth but it is its hormonal balancing nature, testosterone balancing nature, antioxidant properties, and other properties that impact the HGH and extract maximum benefit of the natural height growth process. Overall,ashwagandha increases bone strength and improves its overall composition. It is important to notice here that Ashwagandha powder benefits for height are complementary. Without a healthy lifestyle and proper diet and exercise, Ashwagandha for height growth cannot work in isolation.
- Remember, Ashwagandha is a stimulator and not the fuel for height growth.
Along with Ashwagandha benefits for height increase, it has multiple benefits in critical ailments such as diabetes, arthritis, inflammation of joints, and Parkinson’s disease.
What Does Ayurveda Have to Say?
Ashwagandha is a Rasayana herb, which means that it increases the essence of each Dhatu (tissues). Rakta (blood), Mansa (muscles), Medha (fat), Asthi (bones), all these Dhatu will have an increase in essence under the effect on Ashwagandha. Taking Ashwagandha can improve the size of bones (Asthi) however the result depends on various other factors like Prakriti (body type), age of the person, the strength of Pachak Agni (digestive fire). This is how you can reap the benefits of Ashwagandha for height increase.
How Long Does Ashwagandha Take to Increase Height?
Now that you know the benefits of Ashwagandha for height, let us answer the elephant in the room. You would be interested in knowing how long it takes for Ashwagandha to work on increasing the height.
We have to first understand that Ashwagandha does not have a specific and dedicated impact on your height growth. However, proper diet and exercise do have the desired impact. Usage of Ashwagandha powder merely makes the maximum utilization of the natural growth process. Height increases for men until 25 years of age and for women until 21 years of age. Thus, taking Ashwagandha for height increase has to happen only till the individual’s natural growth period is active. After the active growth years are over, consumption of the herb will not produce any fruitful impact on the height.
Secondly, since there is no direct correlation between consumption of Ashwagandha in specific quantities and measurable increase in height over a quantized period (since studies in this realm are relatively quiet less and available results are not completely conclusive, however, they point to an apparent correlation between Ashwagandha and height), it is difficult to say for how long you can continue the ‘course’ of Ashwagandha for height increase and that after how long can you expect to see measurable results.
The standardized root extract is taken in 450-500 gm capsules once or twice a day. It is recommended that any such practice is preceded by a doctor's consultation along with a check of all possible impacts that Ashwagandha can have on your existing medications.
You can either take Ashwagandha for height increase either in the form of capsules or mix half a teaspoon with lukewarm milk and honey and consume before going to bed. Ashwagandha can also be consumed in various other manners – e.g. making ladoos from Ashwagandha churna, mixing with lukewarm water, milkshake, or even making Ashwagandha tea.
Side Effects of Ashwagandha for Height Growth
Taken in the right dose, Ashwagandha powder for height growth is considered a safe supplement. Though the effects of long-term consumption of Ashwagandha are not known yet and such cases of severe side effects have been reported till date.. However, it is important to keep the following in mind before starting to consume Ashwagandha for height increase:
- Consultation- you must consult once with your doctor before using Ashwagandha
- Existing treatments- you are not recommended to substitute any ongoing medical treatments with Ashwagandha
- Existing medication
- If you are on medication for thyroid dysfunctionality, blood thinning, or for controlling blood sugar and controlling blood pressure, you must avoid taking Ashwagandha for height growth.
- If your existing medication affects your cortisol level, it is recommended that you consult your doctor before using Ashwagandha for height.
- Ashwagandha may increase the potency of barbiturates (drugs that depress the central nervous system), sedatives, and anxiety medication.
Here you must also have a look at certain underlying conditions that you need to be careful of before deciding to go for or not go for the consumption of Ashwagandha:
- Pregnant women - Pregnant and breastfeeding women are advised to not take Ashwagandha
- People with autoimmune disease - such people should avoid the usage of Ashwagandha unless recommended by the medical practitioner. This includes conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, Hashimoto’s thyroiditis, and type 1 diabetes.
Let us also look at some general side effects when considering using Ashwagandha for height growth. The side effects of the herb differ from one person to another:
- Overdosing may cause vomiting, diarrhoea, or an upset stomach.
- As Ashwagandha causes the immune system to become more active, it can increase symptoms of auto-immune disease
- In some people, Ashwagandha usage can irritate the gastrointestinal tract
- Side effects include dizziness, blurry vision, a heavy sensation in the head
- Side effects include increased testosterone levels and increased stomach acid
An ancient medicinal herb with multiple benefits, Ashwagandha has been traditionally applied for the treatment of various disorders. Also known as ‘Rasayana,’ it is believed to maintain your youth both physically and mentally.
It has proven benefits in weight loss, stress and anxiety reduction, memory improvement, sleep improvement. It also promotes a more energetic lifestyle by increasing antioxidants, improving immunity, and lowering cholesterol. It even has anti-cancer properties.
Consuming Ashwagandha is a natural and safe way to improve your overall health. It is a far better alternative to chemical alternatives and has limited to no side effects due to its natural origins. If you are looking to include Ashwagandha in your diet, call Traya experts to know more. Along with increasing your height, Ashwagandha is known for helping you regrow your hair. Visit our website today: https://traya.health/
Popular ArticlesOrganic Indian Ashwagandha | Amla Plant | Amla Powder | Amla | Bhringraj Leaves | Bhringraj Plant | Redensyl Side Effects | Hair Care Routine | How To Strenghten Hair | Bhringraj | Indian Gooseberry | Emblica Officinalis | Amla Seed | Ashwagandha for Weight Loss | Ashwagandha Powder | Ashwagandha For Sleep | Onion Juice For Hair | Egg For Hair | Curd For Hair | Hair Fall Treatment for Men
Buy Multivitamin Tablet | Buy Hair Fall Tablets | Buy Herbal Tablets | Buy Minoxidil 5% | Buy Herbal Hair Oil | Buy Hair Fall Shampoo | Buy Anti Dandruff Shampoo | Buy Hair Root Serum | Buy Digestion Tablets | Buy Shatavari Ghrita | Buy Minoxidil 2% |