Chia seeds have multiple benefits because of which the chia seed is considered as a “superfood”. It is a proven boon to the health industry and has recently gained much popularity among health enthusiasts. If you have been eating chia seeds for a while now, probably you have already realized the benefits. Chia seeds benefits are for both hair and skin. It is one of the whole foods on earth and is laden with Omega-3 fatty acids and rich dietary fiber.
Anyone who has been contemplating adding chia seeds to their diet should learn about the chia seeds benefits. So what exactly is chia seeds? Native to Mexico and Guatemala, chia seeds are tiny dark brown, white, or black seeds of the chia plant relating to the mint family. It is also known as Salvia hispanica. These seeds are oval and flat in structure with a glossy and smooth finish. Chia seeds benefits are not just for the external body but benefit the inside as well.
Chia seeds' benefits are so enormous that it beats the dietary and nutritional value of most cereals, vegetables and grains. In the recent past, people worldwide have unveiled chia seeds benefits for hair and learnt chia seeds uses. This blog will discuss the different chia seeds benefits for hair loss and share some handy hair loss treatment. Read on to discover more.
Chia Seeds Benefits
Chia seeds are loaded with benefits, and you have a lot of reasons for including this superfood in your diet. Here we share some of the chia seeds benefits:
- Full of protein, chia seeds have a lot of I-lysine in them, which promotes hair growth. Chia seeds are made up of 23% protein which helps in hair growth and thickening of hair.
- There are so many reasons for hair fall, and chia can curb those. A superfood, chia seeds have a high phosphorus content, an essential ingredient used for hair growth. Chia seeds also include all the vital amino acids that help grow hair, nails and improve skin health.
- Another chia seeds benefit is Omega 3 content. Omega 3 is good for overall health. Chia contains Omega 3 fatty acid that helps in better brain function by converting to DHA. However, this also depends on how the body functions and reacts to the fatty acids.
- Chia seeds can also help in preventing your body from weight gain. When you take any food rich in sugar and carbs, chia seeds slow down the pace of turning the carbs and other foods into sugar. It also aids in managing blood sugar levels, especially good for those with diabetes. Also, when mixed with water, chia seeds tend to swell, which, when consumed, gives a feeling of being full, which further helps in weight loss.
- Effects of stress on the body can be seen in different forms. Chia can help reduce stress. Another benefit of chia seeds is that it helps in reducing stress. Chia seeds are rich in magnesium and tryptophan that help in keeping stress away and induce good sleep.
Some chia seeds side effects include negative digestive symptoms such as gas, bloating, and abdominal pain. To avoid this, use chia seeds in your diet in a proper way.
Nutritional Value Of Chia Seeds
Chia seeds have been in human history for a long time, and it is only recently that people have discovered the chia seeds benefits. According to the Mayan language, chia means strength, and there is no doubt that this miraculous seed has justified the name. Did you know the chia seed was a staple food among the Aztecs, and they even used it as currency? Here are some nutritional values of chia seeds:
- Chia seeds have about eighty percent of carbohydrates in it in an insoluble form. Consumption of chia seeds helps fill up your daily intake of dietary fiber, which in turn helps in proper digestion and easy bowel movements.
- Another chia seeds benefit is that it contains plant-based protein that is better than any other grains and cereals. The good news is you get all the essential nine amino acids from your intake of chia seeds.
- Fatty acids are required for a healthy body. They help in fighting anxiety, improve heart health, improve eyesight and also reduce ADHD in children. Chia seeds are a rich reservoir of essential fatty acids that need to be ingested through food into the body as they cannot be synthesized.
- Chia seed is a great source of essential minerals such as phosphorus, manganese, copper, zinc, calcium, iron, selenium, and calcium. That said, chia seeds do not have adequate vitamins and are only limited to vitamins A, B, and C.
- Antioxidants are essential natural substances that help in delaying cell damage in the body. Chia seeds have many antioxidants in them, which are rich in caffeic acid, chlorogenic acid, quercetin etc. It is fantastic to know that the amount of antioxidants you’ll find in chia seeds is more than what you’ll find in cranberries.
- Anyone gluten intolerant can include chia seeds in their diet as chia seeds contain absolutely no gluten and are also low in calories.
Benefits Of Chia Seeds For Health
There are innumerable chia seeds benefits for health that will encourage you to include this superfood into your regime. Below we have put together some of the benefits of chia seeds for health:
Dairy products are a known rich source of calcium that helps in healthy bones and overall health. But if you do not like milk or milk products, chia seeds can help. A handful of chia seeds is a fantastic source of calcium that helps in muscle and bone building.
Good bacteria is important for your intestinal health and the natural flora of your body. It also helps in easy bowel movements. Chia seeds are a good source of water-soluble fiber content that helps in supporting gut health by boosting your digestive system, managing the good bacteria in your intestine, and regulating bowels.
Weight gain and losing that weight is quite challenging as well as tiring. When you consume chia seeds, you feel full, and thus you do not munch on, encouraging healthy snack habits. Since chia seeds have water retention quality, chia seeds benefits can also be reaped as an absolute protein-dense snack option.
Increased fiber intake has been proven to lower blood pressure levels and control cholesterol. According to recent studies, dietary fiber may help regulate the immune system and inflammation, which may aid in the risk of inflammation-related conditions such as diabetes, obesity, cardiovascular disease and even cancer.
The fiber in your diet is also essential to promote regular bowel movement and prevent constipation. Normal bowel movement is vital to flush out toxins through bile and stool. One of the chia seeds benefits is that it helps in regular bowel movement and regulates proper digestion.
The fatty acid in chia seeds also decreases the chances of thrombosis and arrhythmias disorder such as sudden cardiac arrest, heart attack and stroke. Another benefit of chia seed is that it also reduces atherosclerotic plaque.
Benefits of Chia Seeds For Hair
If you are experiencing hair loss, you might wonder how to reduce hair fall. Chia seeds benefit skin and overall health in abundance, and there are so many benefits for your lovely locks as well. If you are looking for hair loss treatment or an Ayurvedic treatment for hair fall, chia seeds benefits will surprise you. Here we share some of the benefits of chia seeds for hair:
Chia seeds benefits are associated with Omega-3 fatty acid which is the building block for hair. This essential fatty acid stimulates hair follicles. Chia seeds for hair growth is also an added benefit. The amino acid present in chia seeds penetrates deep into the scalp and boosts the scalp from inside, arresting hair fall. The best thing, chia seeds also add shine.
When soaked in water, Chia seeds release a gel-like substance that is an excellent softening agent for hair. You can add chia seeds to your hair mask and Ayurvedic treatment for hair fall. Chia seeds for hair loss smoothen out your frizzy and dry hair and boost elasticity.
Chia seeds are also rich in copper. Copper is known to boost blood circulation on the scalp and prevent hair thinning.
Chia seeds have abundant protein and phosphorus, which is essential to fortify and strengthen the hair follicle and reduce shedding and hair breakage.
How to Use Chia Seeds
Now that you know the chia seeds benefits, you must use them in your daily diet and beauty regime. There are two ways you can reap chia seeds benefits by using them in your diet and DIY mask, here is how:
You can add chia seeds to your cereals, baked food, salads, and smoothies. You can also sprinkle chia seeds on your toast or anything you eat. At best, you can soak chia seeds in water overnight and have the chia seeds water in the morning.
Chia seeds benefits are best for your skin as well. All you’ll need is one teaspoon of honey with two teaspoons of chia seeds and one teaspoon of olive oil in a glass bowl. Soak them for about twenty minutes until a gel-like texture is formed. Apply this to your skin and massage. Leave for about fifteen minutes and wash off with lukewarm water. This chia seeds benefit will help in managing acne and moisturize your skin.
Homemade DIY Chia Seeds Hair Mask for Hair Growth
Reap the chia seeds benefits by using them in your hair mask. Take a few tablespoons of pure coconut oil and add two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar to it with half a cup of honey and one teaspoon of chia seeds in a bowl. Mix the ingredients and warm it for some time. Let it cool and apply it to your damp hair and leave. Wash it after ten minutes with a mild shampoo and air dry your hair.Chia seeds benefits are immense for hair, skin, and overall health. For healthy and natural skin and hair care products, you can explore the wide range of natural products from Traya. The brand also offers extensive health tatva and digestion herbs for a healthy gut and improved metabolism.