Benefits of Rosemary Oil and How They Promote Hair Growth
Find out how the use of rosemary essential oil can help you grow beautiful hair. Get all the information on how you can combine it with other ingredients for stronger strands.
Rosemary oil is one of the best essential oils for treating any type of hair issues. It is extracted from an aromatic evergreen plant and has been found to be very effective in treating some types of hair loss. It is particularly useful in treating male pattern baldness. It has seen good success in helping regrow hair. It has potent antifungal and antibacterial qualities that assist in treating hair loss triggered by these factors.
Does Rosemary Oil Treat Hair Loss?
Like Lemongrass oil for hair dandruff, Rosemary hair oil for hair loss is a very popular remedy. It has several properties that make it a potent remedy for hair loss. The oil is used to treat androgenetic alopecia. However, it is recommended that one consult a Dermatologist to determine the cause of hair loss before using rosemary oil.
Benefits of Rosemary Oil for Hair Growth
Rosemary oil is being used extensively to stimulate hair growth. The advantage is that it can stimulate hair growth with minimum scalp itching as compared to other remedies for hair growth. Let’s look at the different ways in which rosemary oil can assist in hair growth:
- Help repair damage to the nerves and assists in the recovery of the tissues in the scalp. That is why many people use rosemary oil for hair regrowth. It is very effective for split ends and helps eliminate them over time.
- They can be very effective in the growth of hair follicles even if they do not receive sufficient blood supply. When used with carrier oils it is very potent and increases blood circulation to improve hair growth.
- Rosemary has anti-inflammatory properties and helps generate new cells. This enhances growth of hair and augments thickness.
- It nourishes the scalp and adds lustre to your strands. It is a good oil for grey hair as it prevents premature greying and dryness.
How to Use Rosemary Oil for Hair Growth
You can receive the complete benefits of rosemary oil only if you use it for at least 6 months. Apply it to your hair at least 2 times a week for effective results.
- Add 5 drops of rosemary oil with 1 teaspoon of coconut oil. Mix this well and apply this to your scalp, massage well and let it sink in. Let it stay for at least 10 minutes before washing it off. Use this very effective remedy with rosemary oil for hair growth.
- Rosemary oil can also be used in your shampoo and conditioner. Add just a couple of drops of rosemary oil just as you take the shampoo in your hand when you are about to apply it to your hair.
- You can also add rosemary oil directly to your scalp. You can do this before you go to bed or when you are ready to take shower. If the strong smell of rosemary oil is too overpowering for you then you can add a few drops of some carrier oil to it.
- If you are not keen to use rosemary oil, there are a number of other products like rosemary oil shampoo and conditioner that you could try out.
- Rosemary oil is an excellent hair conditioner. You can add it to creams and lotions and add to its health-giving properties.
You can also prepare rosemary oil concentrate at home; take a handful of dried rosemary leaves and add to a glass of water that has been boiled. Let this stay for 5 hours and not longer, as longer durations will only make the mix more concentrated. Castile soap can be added to this mix to make a shampoo. The mix might take a lot of time to show results and therefore demands a lot of patience and diligence.
Rosemary oil can also be added to other ingredients to significantly affect the shine and health of your hair and there are a number of good combinations with rosemary oil for hair growth.
- Rosemary oil and peppermint oil: Add 3 drops each of rosemary and peppermint oil to 2 tablespoons of jojoba oil. Mix the 3 and create a uniform blend. Apply it to your hair and scalp and leave it for an hour. Use it at least twice a week for maximum effect. Jojoba provides excellent nourishment to hair and removes frizziness. The 3 oils together work to clean the scalp and eliminate excess oil. This is an effective - rosemary oil for hair growth remedy.
- Rosemary oil and olive oil: Add 5 drops of rosemary oil to 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Mix thoroughly and apply to your scalp and along the lengths of your hair. Keep it for an hour before washing it off with water. Use the remedy at least twice a week to derive the full range of benefits. The antioxidants in olive oil are very effective in neutralising the free radicals that harm your hair. The combination of the two oils results in improved blood circulation in the scalp and a fuller growth of hair. Use this very effective mask with rosemary oil for hair growth.
- Rosemary oil and aloe vera for hair: Add 10 drops of rosemary oil to 3 tablespoons of aloe vera gel. Blend the two to form a uniform mix and apply it to your hair and scalp. Wash your hair after an hour. Use it twice a week to optimise your benefits. Aloe Vera is very effective in absorbing the excess sebum in the scalp and also acts as a potent exfoliant. The combination works to condition the hair and add to its smoothness. This is another very potent remedy with rosemary oil for hair growth.
- Rosemary oil, lavender oil and coconut oil mask: Mix 3 drops each of rosemary and lavender oil with 2 tablespoons of coconut oil and mix well. Dampen your hair and use a comb to spread the oil evenly all over your scalp. Cover your hair with a shower cap and wash with shampoo after half an hour. Lavender oil has excellent antimicrobial qualities which help in curbing the proliferation of bacteria and fungi in the scalp. It has a calming effect and prevents inflammation. Coconut oil for dandruff is a very effective way to soften your strands. Use this very potent remedy with rosemary oil for hair growth.
- Rosemary oil and castor oil hair mask: Add 10 drops of rosemary oil and 2 tablespoons of coconut oil to 1 tablespoon of castor oil. Mix well and apply to hair and scalp and wash off in an hour with lukewarm water. Use this remedy at least twice a week for best results. The ricinoleic acid in castor oil is very good for augmenting the blood circulation in the scalp and facilitating hair growth. The combination with rosemary oil is very good for treating scalp infections and dandruff. The coconut oil helps dilute the thicker combination of the other oils to an agreeable consistency. Use this very potent remedy with rosemary oil for hair growth.
- Rosemary oil and argan oil for hair: Take a tablespoon of argan oil in a bowl. Add 5 drops of rosemary oil to it and mix well. Use your fingers to apply the mix to your hair and massage for some time. Wrap your head with a hot towel to augment absorption. Wash your hair after 20 minutes. The polyphenol content in argan oil helps it work as an antioxidant and the fatty acids help it moisturise the scalp.
- Rosemary and tea tree oil for hair: While the tea tree oil is a wonderful purifier, the combination detangles and moisturises the strands.
Are there Any Side Effects of Using Rosemary Oil?
Rosemary essential oil for hair side effects; while there is no doubt about the fact that rosemary oil does have a number of benefits for hair there are also quite a few precautions that you need to take to avoid the harmful side-effects. It can be consumed orally and up to 5 grams a day is considered safe. Consuming large amounts of rosemary oil can cause vomiting, kidney irritation, redness of the skin, allergic reactions and increase your sensitivity to the sun.
- Do not apply too much rosemary oil on the scalp as it could lead to skin irritation.
- It is always recommended that you dilute rosemary oil before using it or at least add a carrier oil to it.
- Breastfeeding or pregnant women need to consult with the doctor before using rosemary oil.
Rosemary oil is one of the most effective remedies for hair loss and hair growth. It is the best hair growth oil; apart from the singular use of rosemary oil for hair growth, it is also used in combination with a range of other essential oils for hair which help in enhancing the condition of your strands. You can visit us at Traya to find out more about rosemary oil benefits for hair, how to make hair roots strong and more effective remedies for your hair. Get help from our experts to complete your faster journey towards destination hair health.