Derma Roller For Hair
Through this article we will try to enlighten your knowledge about derma roller for hair treatment. The first question that comes to mind is what is derma rolling? And what are the benefits of derma rolling for hair growth? Also, a question is often asked, is derma rolling really effective for hair regrowth and what are the procedures of derma rolling. Also we will discuss how you can use derma roller at home?
Hair loss is an inevitable problem that is faced by all. Hair loss can happen due to multiple reasons whereas excessive hair fall can lead to premature baldness or alopecia areata. Hair problems are plenty and hair loss is the most common problem now-a-days. So, how can you prevent hair fall and how to regrow thinning hair? Derma roller hair treatment for hair can be your savior. It has tried and tested benefits, this micro-needling device is an effective measure to control hair loss. Derma roller for hair can restrict your hair loss up to a maximum of 100 strands each day and does not let your mane suffer from nutrient deficiency and moisture. Besides it also can thicken the thinning of your hair very often found in people suffering from androgenetic alopecia or female pattern baldness.
Read on to learn all that’s necessary before using a derma roller for hair and how a derma roller results in hair.
What is Derma Rolling?
Derma roller for hair is the new trend nowadays. Initially used for various skin treatments, derma rolling is now a widely used therapeutic way for your hair woes. Derma roller is a medical device or an instrument that is used for hair loss. This device can be handheld as it consists of a handle and a roller. The roller is speckled with tiny needles of about 0.25mm to 1.5mm in length, that’s the derma roller size for hair regrowth. This wheel-type roller when rolled on your scalp, the process is known as derma rolling. Derma roller for hair treatment causes tiny perforations in your scalp which stimulates new cell production and causes minimal injuries without affecting your skin. Derma rolling is also known as a cosmetic treatment or micro-needling that regenerates your hair follicles. The size of the holes formed depends upon the length of the needles used. It is scientifically proven that a derma roller for hair has an effective response to hair growth due to the boost it provides to the production of collagen in your scalp which is also a remedy for how to get thick hair naturally.
Benefits of Derma Rolling for Hair Growth
Derma Roller for hair growth benefits in many ways. Some benefits for derma roller for hair are: -
- Derma rollers for hair when used in the affected areas of your scalp actively massage your scalp which helps to increase the blood circulation in your scalp. Increased blood flow means your hair follicles are getting benefited from the proper nutrients and oxygen and hence derma roller for hair growth improves the thickness of your hair creating the way for new hair to grow.
- Derma roller hair regrowth funds the growth of new hair due to the stimulating effect it has on the production of collagen. Collagen helps the growth of new hair during the anagen stage. It also protects your hair from thinning. The catagen phase of the hair cycle is the transition stage but the effect of collagen production resists the hair fall.
- Cell turnover is also stimulated by the use of a derma roller as it helps in encouraging stem cells which enhances circulation in the scalp creating the environment for the growth of new hair.
- A derma roller for hair also benefits females suffering from androgenetic alopecia common as female pattern baldness. Derma rollers which are used along with minoxidil are extremely effective for this type of hair problem.
- The tiny pores that occur till the bleeding point are achieved enhances the absorption of topicals, oils and other products applied thus giving out the best hair growth results.
Is Derma Rolling Really Effective?
Now that you all know the benefits of a derma roller, you must be wondering is it effective? Yes, derma rolling is a treatment which has been used for a long time and is a scientifically tested treatment that is effective for hair growth. But like all things it depends on the way you are using a derma roller for hair. Similarly, it is important to keep in mind the texture of your hair and the reason for which you are suffering from hair loss. It is studied that after the application of the derma roller, you can visibly see the difference within two to three months, but the trick is to be consistent with the use of derma rollers. The controlled tiny hole-like injuries are caused due to the application of derma rollers, when your hair reacts to counter these injuries, the growth of new hair begins. These tiny holes also allow essential oils to deeply enter the roots of your hair making the treatment more effective.
Types Of Derma Rollers
This simple cylindrical-shaped device which has micro-needles attached to it is generally available in two types: Steel based and titanium-based derma rollers. Derma Roller is available in different sizes like 0.3mm, 0.5mm, 0.15mm, 0.25mm, 0.75mm, 1.0mm, and 1.5mm. The size indicates the needle size which covers the rollers. The best size derma roller hair regrowth is 0.5mm. But the question remains about the material that is best used for hair. Right? Traya haircare is here to solve this doubt of yours.
A good derma roller can be determined by the resistance level, hardiness, resilience, hygiene, and sharpness. Let us talk about the derma rollers made out of titanium. The titanium-based derma rollers are more efficient than steel in terms of durability and also give you sharper edges but the hygiene question remains. The alloy of titanium is generally gold plated or silver plated and hence lacks in the sterility factor. On the other hand, stainless steel is best recommended for use on your skin and scalp. Stainless steel always has an upper hand over titanium in terms of hygiene and is considered the cleanest metal. It will not become blunt after several uses and is resilient enough. Though sturdiness is important, it goes beyond saying that stainless steel is the cleanest and hygienic metal with zero levels of toxicity and is best used in scalp skins.
Derma Rolling Procedure
Derma roller results in hair regrowth and is a guaranteed treatment for reducing hair loss and paving way for the growth of new hair follicles. It is best done by medical personnel who know the proper procedure and will not overdo the processes as over usage can stop the natural process of hair regrowth. Derma rolling procedure goes like this:
- The first step to the derma rolling procedure is the application of a topical anesthetic like minoxidil or rogaine, Jamaican black castor oil, pimento oil, lavender oil, wheat germ oil, etc. This is done before a minimum of half an hour. This step is performed to reduce the feeling of pain you might sense while the derma rolling procedure is performed. Here are a few steps on the derma rolling procedure and how to use a derma roller for hair.
- The next step is the use of a derma roller for hair. Your hair is being divided into parts and the rolling process is performed throughout the scalp and hair with the application of oils. The derma roller for hair is being rolled twice or thrice in the affected area of the hair.
- The last step is an application of a topical balm or cream according to the derma rolling treatment done.
Can You Use Derma Roller At Home?
Definitely yes, you can use a derma roller at home but if you are a beginner and will be experiencing derma rolling for the first time, it is best advised to experience it from a trained medical professional so that you are not facing any complications. How to increase hair volume at home? Derma roller can be the best way out. To use a derma roller for hair at home follow these simple steps.
- Purchase a good quality stainless steel derma roller for hair, of about 0.5mm.
- Your scalp should be clean before you are applying a derma roller for hair. Wash your hair using a gentle shampoo and clean all the dirt from your hair.
- Always use a clean derma roller free from bacteria. Wash it in an alcohol-containing solution after every use and keep it hygienic. Also sanitize them before applying them to your scalp.
- Brush your hair so that it is free from knots. Again use a clean and sanitized comb.
- Prepare a mixture of an essential oil likely with tea tree, peppermint, and rosemary oil along with jojoba as the carrier oil. Drop the mixture of these oils using a dropper and make sure you are dropping the oil without the dropper touching your scalp.
- Part your hair in sections, apply the oils and use a derma roller for hair covering the entire scalp part of your hair.
- Press and run the derma roller in all directions but do not overuse it in a particular space.
- After using a derma roller for hair, use any oil or numbing creams, or sunscreen for a couple of days and try to avoid sun exposure for at least a day or two.
Derma roller for hair treatment is a promising hair regrowth treatment on a very low budget. While there are several other treatments or remedies for hair derma roller for hair might just turn out to be your favorite if you haven’t used it yet. It is superbly beneficial for pattern baldness and alopecia areata. There is no point in getting depressed if you are losing your hair. Believe in the tips and tricks by Traya haircare and start using a derma roller for hair. Remember you should be consistent to achieve the best results.