Hair Smoothening For Men
Fuzzy and curly hair is not a concern in women alone. Today you’ll see most men struggling with dull, frizzy, and unruly hair, especially those with long hair. To curb this hair condition, hair smoothening for men has made a wave in the world of self-care and beauty.
Let’s face it, manageable and beautiful hair has a lot to do with our overall looks and personality. Smoothening for men can give you less frizzy hair that is easy to manage and style, adding looks to your overall personality.
Smoothening treatment de-frizzes the hair and adds shine without disrupting your texture. If you want to keep your curls and waves and just want to get rid of frizz, hair smoothening for men is what you should try.
Whenever you feel the need to smooth out your hair, you can opt for hair smoothening for men in any trusted salon, as most salons nowadays have this treatment. So how does this process take place, and what are the benefits or side effects of this hair treatment? This blog has put together the step-by-step process for hair smoothening for men and everything you need to know.
Hair Smoothening Process for Men
Hair smoothening for men helps tackle common hair problems like dullness and frizz. It makes the hair look natural and appear soft. The solution used for smoothening pervades entirely into the hair and doesn’t just sit on the hair’s cuticles. The hair smoothening for men is also known as Brazilian blowout.
So what are the steps involved in hair smoothening for men?
- First, your hair expert will wash and condition your hair to clean up your oily scalp.
- A straightening solution will be applied to your hair, and let it rest for 25-30 minutes. The solution usually contains formaldehyde, which is responsible for the smooth texture of the hair.
- After this, they’ll wash off your hair and blow-dry it.
- The hair expert will then straighten your hair using flat irons at a high temperature.
- To seal the effect of smoothening, they will apply another hair to your hair.
- The final step involves washing off the hair and blow-drying it.
Depending on the hair texture and type, hair smoothening for men can last up to 6-10 months. The new hair that you will grow will have the original texture, but it will become smooth again once you go for the smoothening for men treatment.
Once you are done with the hair smoothening treatment, you need to keep in mind not to do certain things to your hair, which otherwise is very generic for you before smoothening your hair. The following section discusses the aftercare of hair smoothening in men.
Men’s Hair after Smoothening
Okay, you’ve got your hair smoothed, so what next? One needs to keep in mind a couple of things while taking care of men’s hair after smoothening for better and lasting results.
What do you need to do immediately after hair smoothening for men?
- Do not wash or wet your hair for three days
- Avoid tying, tucking, or pinning your hair
- Avoid using hair oil for about 15 days from the day of smoothening
- Keep your hair straight while sleeping. You got to be extra cautious not to bend your locks
- Side effects of smoothening on hair for men
What do you need to do after three days of hair smoothening for men?
- After three days of hair smoothening, you can shampoo your hair and use conditioner and leave it for a longer time than usual.
- Be mindful of how to wash your hair after smoothening. Avoid using hot water for washing your hair, as it will strip the moisture from your hair.
- Avoid exposure of your hair to dust, dirt, the sun, and pollution. You can also apply hair serum to protect your hair from the elements.
- You may also get a hair spa done as it boosts your hair with vitamins and replenishes the nutrients your hair lost during the smoothing treatment.
- Use a wide-toothed hair comb to clear the strands. Do not use a hairbrush.
Now that you know the aftercare of hair smoothening for men, here is who should not go for hair smoothening for men:
If you have thick or curly hair
No doubt, hair smoothening is a great option to manage frizz and fuzz. Still, it is best to avoid hair smoothening for men if you have thick and curly hair. The treatment effectively improves the texture of wavy and frizzy hair and makes it manageable; it is largely ineffective for curly and thick hair.
If you have fine or sparse hair
Let’s face it, the hair smoothening treatment involves a lot of chemicals, which can weaken the hair shaft and make it prone to shedding and breakage. It can be terrifying if you already have fine or sparse hair.
Side Effects of Smoothening On Hair for Men
While hair smoothening makes your locks shiny and manageable, it is not free of side effects. As discussed earlier, the smoothening solutions have formaldehyde, which is responsible for smoothening the hair. But using these chemicals can have side effects to the person when heat treatments follow right after the smoothening. Here are a few side effects of hair smoothening on men-
- Itching and burning of eyes
- Throat and nose irritation
- Split ends
- Scalp irritation and blisters
Too much use of the smoothening solutions can have cancerous effects. So when you decide to smoothen your hair, make sure you don’t overdo it and don’t have it done more than thrice in a year.
Hair smoothening for men treatment has taken over the world, and you can see most men with long hair going for this treatment. However, you must educate yourself enough about the pros and cons of this treatment before opting. While you take care of how to get thicker hair, it is also essential that you know how to maintain the thickness of the hair.Natural products act as an elixir for your hair. Traya has been offering all natural hair care products that keep your hair smooth and healthy.
Popular ArticlesOil For Grey Hair | Receding Hairline Men | Curry Leaves For Hair | How Can Men Manage Acne | Control Hair Fall With Yoga | Common Hair Problems | Oily Scalp | Does Sweat Cause Hair Loss | Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy | Hair Regrowth Tips | Male Pattern Baldness | How To Do Hair Spa At Home | Amla For Grey Hair | Pcos Hair Loss | How To Get Soft Hair | Vitamin D Deficiency Hair Loss | Ayurvedic Head Massage | Clove Seed | Fish Oil For Hair | Clove Powder
Our CollectionsAntioxidant Supplements | Anti Dandruff Products | Detox Tablets | Digestive Products | Hair Oils | Herbal Products | Immunity Boosters | Hair Care Products | Hair Treatment Products | Men's Hair Care Products | Hair Loss Treatment Plan For Female | Hair Fall Kit | Anti Dandruff Kit | Hairline Defender | Dth Blocker | Gut Health Supplements
Dr. Jaspreet Sarna, M.D
Dr. Sarna is an MD (Skin & VD) with a decade-long experience in treating hair loss and working on hair regrowth. She believes stress management is the key to good health.