Super Benefits of Clove powder For Health
All that you will learn from this article is how clove powder or laung powder can benefit your Face, Skin, and teeth. We have also discussed the other health benefits of clove powder and Potential Side Effects that clove powder can cause if overused.
Clove, the dynamic and aromatic spice which is very often available in your kitchen, is one of the powerful spices that add rich flavors to your foods. Clove is a spice which originated in Indonesia and is known as clavus in Latin meaning nail as the dried buds of clove resemble the shape of a nail. Cloves are the flower buds of the clove tree which is also known as the Syzygium Aromaticum tree. Clove leaf has a leathery green appearance and is very aromatic. Well, besides the flavor that clove powder gives to many Indian dishes, it is traditionally used as a medicinal agent. Clove benefits your health in numerous ways due to the presence of prophylactic properties. Laung powder also known as lavang powder has versatile aromatic properties which are used in more than a few beverages, baked food items besides being a vital spice used in Indian dishes. Clove powder benefits in various ways and to acquire more knowledge about the health benefits of clove powder, its usage, and side effects just keep scrolling through this page!
Laung Powder benefits
Clove Powder is that versatile spice that makes its mark and can benefit you in various fields. Some of the benefits of clove powder are:
- Clove powder is a requisite strongly aromatic spice enriched with nutrients and is used to prepare Indian dishes. It is also extensively used in China in its five-spice powder along with middle eastern and north African parts of the world.
- The presence of the antioxidant level is quite high in clove powder which helps to reduce your body stress.
- Clove powder has microbial properties which restrict the microorganisms causing an effect to your body and also can kill those bacteria.
- Clove powder is a good source of manganese, calcium, and phosphorus helping in brain functioning and provides strength to your bone.
- Clove powder is the storehouse of potassium which helps to maintain blood pressure levels and keeps the disease of hypertension at bay.
- The presence of Vitamin K helps to reduce blood clotting and can protect you from muscle tissue injuries.
- Clove powder also protects you from regular cough and cold.
Along with all these clove powder benefits mentioned above, there are many more health benefits. These are as follows:
Clove Powder for Face
Clove powder for the face can be extremely useful as it helps your face to get rid of acne, blemishes and gives you an ageless look. It also removes the impurities present in your skin by removing all the dirt that slowly and steadily gets clogged into your skin pores. If you can include clove in your daily skincare routine it can work wonders giving you flawless skin and improves the texture of your skin. As you all should be aware that acne-prone skin is generally oily. Hence clove powder for acne is one of the best solutions to get rid of pimples and acne. Wondering how to apply clove powder to the face? Well, we have covered that base for you with a quick step-by-step guide.
- Make a paste out of clove powder along with honey and lemon juice. You can also use yogurt.
- Mix all the constituents and make a smooth paste.
- Apply the mask in circular motions over your face.
- You can also directly apply it to your acne scars.
- Let the paste rest for some time and you will notice that your skin is drying up.
- At that point rinse your face with water. You can also use lukewarm water for this step.
- Be very careful while you are applying clove powder to your face and always remember to mix it with honey or yogurt, as the richness of cloves has the potential to irritate your skin. You can also choose organic clove powder for making this face mask.
Clove Powder Benefits for Skin
It is always a good sign to use natural remedies for your skin. Clove powder for skin is that ayurvedic natural ingredient whose beneficial characteristics can work like magic for your skin. Let's get acquainted with some clove powder benefits for skin.
- Clove powder is used for the treatment of acne and pimples because of the presence of an ingredient named eugenol which possesses anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties.
- Clove Oil can be applied to acne or acne-prone areas. But it is very important to dilute clove oil with some other oil as if used directly can cause burns to your skin.
- Clove powder is used as an antiseptic. Clove powder can be diluted in water or honey and can be applied in places of wounds like cuts and scratches, insect bites, or even helps to reduce skin rashes.
- Clove is an antioxidant that helps to maintain the collagen balance of your skin. This in turn acts as an anti-aging solution as it averts premature aging.
- You all do hair conditioning, don’t you? Well, did you know that clove powder is a very good natural hair conditioner? Yes, a clove hair conditioner protects your hair from all environmental aggressors. Mix clove powder with some hair oil preferably olive oil and apply all over your hair and then rinse off with cold water after about 15 – 20 minutes.
Clove Powder for Teeth
Have you ever read the ingredients present in your toothpaste? Many kinds of toothpaste have clove as one of the ingredients. Clove powder for teeth can keep all your toothaches at rest. But how? Since ancient times the ayurvedic properties of clove have been used for oral treatment. Oral problems can occur due to a bad mouth, bacteria growing in your teeth, or some other reasons. Here are some points about how ground clove or clove powder for tooth pain can work.
- Toothpaste containing oral products like clove powder can help to fight the cavity.
- Using clove powder for toothache at home is an easy option. Grind the whole cloves and make a fine powder. Directly apply the grounded cloves to the aching area of your teeth. Ground cloves might have a strong taste. In that case, use a cheesecloth and pour in some clove powder and tightly cover it and place it on your tooth.
- Clove powder can be mixed with cayenne pepper powder and applied to your infected tooth.
- Another option of application is to make a paste with clove powder and olive oil and apply the mixture to your inflamed tooth.
Other Health Benefits of Clove Powder
The naturally available spice clove has many health benefits. Some of them besides oral care and skin care are:-
- The presence of several nutrients and the characteristic of high antioxidants helps in maintaining overall health.
- It protects you from deadly cancer disease. The antioxidant-rich spices cause less damage to cancer-causing cells. It has been tested that clove plays an essential role in cancer treatment.
- Studies state that the presence of some compounds in cloves can improve the health of your liver.
- Clove powder helps in the regulation of blood sugar levels. Nigericin, a compound present in cloves, helps in the sugar level uptake from the blood, insulin secretion, and improvement of insulin-producing cells. It also keeps you safe from diabetes.
- The anti-inflammatory property present in cloves helps in reducing body pain and inflammation.
- Eugenol, the amazing ingredient present in cloves, is extremely active against bacteria, viruses, and fungus. It helps to reduce the toxic content of the blood which leads to blood purification. It also stimulates white blood cells which prepares your body to fight diseases, thus boosting your immunity.
- It helps in improving the bones. The presence of calcium and phosphorus helps to strengthen your bones and joints. Clove also protects you from osteoporosis.
- Research states that certain compounds present in cloves can relieve you from the painful sores causing ulcers in your stomach.
- It helps you get rid of irritating headaches and improve indigestion.
Is there any Potential Side Effects of Clove Powder
Clove has some potential side effects. Overutilization of clove powder besides healing your problems can have serious effects: hernia, stomach upset, swelling of mouth and throat, nausea, vomiting, toothache, swollen gums, blood clotting, and many others. While these are some rare effects seen; some very common side effects of clove powder can lead to skin irritation, rashes, itching among a few. So, it is always advisable to use clove powder in the proper way and in the proper quantity. It is a very strong ingredient, so learn its proper use even before you think of adding it to your daily health care routine.
This highly precious aromatic spice is a secret ingredient of many dishes. It potentially benefits us in various ways. So, don’t step back from using this super spice just because of its rare side effects. The trick is to be extra cautious while you are using cloves. Always use them in small quantities and do some research about the cause for which you wish to use clove. Always remember, those deadly side effects of clove powder can happen only when you are overusing it.