Yoga is a holistic science, one that remedies most of our modern day problems. And though hair loss is triggered by various other factors, lifestyle choices heavily influence the rate at which you experience hair fall. Yoga with its systematic approach targets the different reasons for hair loss, reduces hair fall and promotes hair regrowth significantly.
We have curated a list of 5 yoga poses each focused on correcting imbalances in the body that are an effect of poor lifestyle habits. Practice these hair-asanas regularly, not just to control hair fall and promote hair growth but for a well balanced and healthy life.
While practising these Asanas, remember to hold each pose for 1-2 minutes at the start, and slowly increase the duration over a period of time.
Day 1: Asana To Improve Blood Circulation
Adho Mukha Svanasana (Downward Facing Dog)
Pose Intensity: Beginner to Moderate
- Increases blood circulation and lymphatic drainage.
- Improves bone density.
- Alleviates lower back pain and muscle tension.
- Effective against common cold and improves sinus activity.
- Induces a sense of calm.
Avoid in case of recent or Chronic injury to the Back, Hips, Arms or Shoulders and unmediated High Blood Pressure.
Day 2: Asana to Fight Constipation
Matsyasana (Fish Pose)
Pose Intensity: BeginnerPhysical Benefits:
- Fights constipation and other digestive issues.
- Improves respiratory functioning.
- Stretches deep hip flexors.
- Relieves tension from shoulders and neck.
Avoid in case of High or Low Blood Pressure, Head and Neck Injury.
Day 3: Asana to Reduce Fatigue
Uttanasana (Standing Forward Fold)
Pose Intensity: Beginner
- Therapeutic for diseases like osteoporosis, asthma, infertility, and high blood pressure.
- Stimulates the functioning of the kidney, liver and spleen.
- Reduces fatigue and muscle tension.
- Stimulates the digestive and reproductive system.
Avoid in case of Neck, Spinal or Hamstring Injury, Hernia and Pregnancy.
Day4: Asana to Balance your Hormones
Ustrasana (Camel pose)
Pose Intensity: Moderate
- Stimulates the thyroid gland.
- Improves metabolism and overall digestion.
- Provides relief from menstrual problems.
- Strengthens back and shoulders.
- Improves posture.
Avoid in case of Low Back Injury, Neck Injury and High Blood Pressure.
Day 5: Asana to Relax your Mind and Body
Pawan Muktasana (Wind Relieving Pose)
Pose Intensity: Beginner
- Relieves constipation, flatulence and indigestion.
- Relieves back pain.
- Therapeutic for reproductive issues such as impotency, infertility and menstrual problems.
- Relaxes the mind.
Note: Avoid in case of Spinal or Abdominal surgery, Hernia, Pregnancy and Heart problems.
Practising these asanas is one way to get to the root cause and improve hair health, but if you're facing severe hair fall, yoga is not the only solution. You need a holistic approach and a customised solution that targets the root cause internally.
Yoga poses do come with endless benefits, but alone, they cannot not help you control hair fall. You need experts who understand your hair and treat your specific reasons for hair loss. We at Traya are committed to your hair regrowth and provide you with a personalized plan and full-time support to control hair fall with a team of world-class doctors.
Just traya it!