Benefits of Fish Oil For Hair Growth
Omega 3 fatty acids are one of the most beneficial elements for hair growth and this is found in ample quantities in fish oil making it naturally one of the best foods for hair. Doctors normally recommend the intake of fish oil to improve the condition of your hair. People also apply fish oil for hair thickness.
What is Fish Oil?
This is the oil from different varieties of fish like tuna, herring and mackerel. You can also find fish in various supplements. There are a lot of benefits of fish oil capsules for hair. They are rich in Omega 3 fatty acids which the body cannot produce for itself and omega 3 benefits hair. The most common types of omega 3 fatty acids are eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA). However, not all types of fish contain either EPA or DHA and if they do, they contain them in different proportions. They are believed to be beneficial both for the heart and for mental health.
How Does Fish Oil Help in Hair Growth?
There are numerous benefits that fish oil brings to hair. Following are some of the advantages of fish oil for hair.
- It helps provide proteins and essential vitamins for hair growth and other nutrients to the hair follicles.
- It helps in preventing inflammation which could lead to hair fall
- It is good in augmenting blood circulation in the scalp which is good for hair growth
- It is also believed that the topical application of fish oil may contribute to making your hair shiner and add considerably to its lustre, all this serving to make it healthier.
- It helps in the prevention of dandruff.
Fish oil is good for hair growth because of the presence of the omega 3 fatty acids. Since the body does not make its own omega 3 fatty acids it becomes even more vital to ensure body health. They are useful in reducing pain and swelling. Certain fish oils also have good vitamin A content which is an excellent antioxidant.
Benefits of Fish Oil for Hair
Omega 3s in fish oil are good for general body health and so are believed to facilitate the better condition of the hair too. It is good for hair thinning problems and can help to
- Promote hair growth
- Increase the strength of your strands
- Provide nutrients to the hair follicles
Benefits of Fish Oil for Health
There are many accumulated benefits of fish oil for hair. It has been the topic of intensive research for a long time now and could be a very vital part of the hair growth cycle. Dieticians are prompt to recommend it as they bring many advantages for your body and brain.
- Depression: Omega 3 is very effective in solving all issues involving depression. Omega 3 supplements are very useful in reducing symptoms of depression.
- Eye health: Macular degeneration is one of the main causes of blindness and could impair your vision severely and lead to permanent eye damage. Fish oil if consumed regularly can help prevent this.
- Boosts brain development: It is a very good element for brain development of infants as it leads to better intelligence and increases the capacity of the child to communicate. Apart from that there are fewer risks of developing behavioural problems and lesser possibilities of delay in the development of body faculties.
- Protects against heart disease: Strokes are one of the major reasons for deaths and omega 3 fatty acids play a big role in increasing good cholesterol levels. This helps in decreasing blood pressure and reducing triglycerides thus working to prevent them.
- It is also very useful in preventing attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in children.
- It can help fight autoimmune diseases in which the immune system starts attacking healthy cells in the body.
- It also helps fight mental decline which is one of the significant effects of aging, one of the prime examples of which is Alzheimer’s disease.
- A good intake of omega 3 could also reduce the risk of colon cancer as also prostate cancer in men and breast cancer in women.
- Asthma which is a condition characterised by the swelling of the airways of the lungs could also be prevented with the help of omega 3s.
- Non-alcoholic fatty liver is one of the most common diseases and the intake of omega 3 fatty acids could be very effective in reducing liver fat associated with this disease.
- Omega 3 fatty acids also help augment the calcium content in the bones thus helping combat bone related disorders such as osteoporosis and arthritis. They also help in mitigating joint pain.
- Women who consume omega 3 fatty acids regularly also experience lesser menstrual pain.
- A good relaxing sleep is one of the most potent benefits of fish oils. They are believed to help both in the quality and the duration of your sleep.
- Fish oil is also good for skin as it keeps it hydrated and reduces the early aging of your skin.
How much fish oil should you take for healthy hair ?
Though there is no medically recommended dosage of fish oil, a particular optimum amount of 250-500 mg of EPA and DHA per day could be considered good if it is included as part of a balanced diet. This is the omega 3 hair growth factor. The amount could of course vary for people who have a particular medical condition for e.g., the amount would have to be increased to 1000 mg for individuals with coronary heart disease.
Are there any Side Effects of Taking Fish Oil?
Fish oil does bring a whole range of benefits for your body, but it also has at the same time some side effects too.
- You might develop a fishy breath
- A stomach upset is also a possibility
- You might have a feeling of nausea and also experience acid reflux
- Loose stool is one of the possible outcomes
- If you consume more than 3 gms of fish oil on a daily basis you are at an increased risk of bleeding.
- It could lead to increased levels of blood sugar for people with diabetes.
- It could also lead to bleeding gums and nosebleeds
- It could also lead to low blood pressure
- An increased intake could decrease the blood’s capacity to clot and cause a stroke
- Certain omega 3 fatty acids contain excess amounts of vitamin C and hence could be toxic if taken in large amounts
- Taking excess amount of fish oil could result in insomnia
Fish oil supplements if consumed in the right amounts and also if used topically on hair could be just the thing your hair was missing. However, a word of caution here, if you plan to use fish oil for hair benefits on a regular basis do take the advice of your doctor for a health plan. For more tips on how to improve the condition of your hair do visit us at Traya and take the advice of our experts who will have a lot of suggestions for you on how to enhance the health of your hair
Popular ArticlesOil For Grey Hair | Receding Hairline Men | Curry Leaves For Hair | How Can Men Manage Acne | Control Hair Fall With Yoga | Hair Smoothening For Men | Common Hair Problems | Oily Scalp | Does Sweat Cause Hair Loss | Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy | Hair Regrowth Tips | Male Pattern Baldness | How To Do Hair Spa At Home | Amla For Grey Hair | Pcos Hair Loss | How To Get Soft Hair | Vitamin D Deficiency Hair Loss | Ayurvedic Head Massage | Clove Seed | Clove Powder
Our CollectionsAntioxidant Supplements | Anti Dandruff Products | Detox Tablets | Digestive Products | Hair Oils | Herbal Products | Immunity Boosters | Hair Care Products | Hair Treatment Products | Men's Hair Care Products | Hair Loss Treatment Plan For Female | Hair Fall Kit | Anti Dandruff Kit | Hairline Defender | Dth Blocker | Gut Health Supplements
Dr. Jaspreet Sarna, M.D
Dr. Sarna is an MD (Skin & VD) with a decade-long experience in treating hair loss and working on hair regrowth. She believes stress management is the key to good health.