Clove is a spice we use in our kitchen and it is a plant that is cultivated in some regions of South America and Asia. Clove comes in various forms such as leaves, flower buds, stems, and essential oil. Clove and its form offer excellent health benefits like it can cure toothache and pain related to dental. Today, through this article we are going to tell you the benefits of Clove & its forms. Scroll down to know more.
Nutritional value in cloves• Alcium : 41 mg
• Iron: 77 mg
• Magnesium:17 mg
• Phosphorus: 7 mg
• Potassium: 66 mg
• Sodium: 18 mg
• Zinc: 0.15 mg
• Copper: 0.024 mg
• Manganese: 3.908 mg
• Selenium: 0.5 µg
• Vitamin B1 (Thiamin): 0.01 mg
• Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin): 0.014 mg
• Vitamin B3 (Niacin): 0.101 mg
• Folic Acid: 0 µg
• Folate, food: 2 µg
• Folate, DEF: 2 µg
• Choline: 2.4 mg
• Protein: 0.39 g
• Energy: 74 kJ
• Calories: 6
• Carbs: 1 gram
• Fiber: 1 gram
Clove Leaf Oil Pure
Before we begin with the benefits, let us first tell you what is clove leaf oil pure?
From Eugenia caryophyllata (Syzygium aromaticum), the clove leaf oil is obtained. The process of extracting the oil is done by using steam distillation of the clove leaves. The oil is mostly colourless but sometimes it has a pale yellow colour & has watery thickness.
As the clove tree is excessively aromatic, the clove leaf oil has a warm, spicy, and strong aroma. Eugenia caryophyllata is a tree that has shiny green clove leaves and is often 10 meters tall. Many people use clove leaf oil in curing the pain of toothache and as a breath sweetener.
Major components of clove leaf oil are:
• Eugenol acetate
The clove leaf oil is mixed in a fine way with Peppermint, Citronella, Cinnamon, Orange, and Basil. Well, it is suggested to keep the oil away from the reach of children and before using it during the pregnancy and periods, consult with a doctor.
What are the benefits of Clove essential oil?Treats dry skin and other issues related to it. Clove leaf oil is an excellent herb for getting rid of dry skin. To use clove leaf oil, apply it on your skin with the help of a clean cloth and spread it evenly on your skin. For the treatment of baggy eyes, stretch marks and even puffy skin use clove leaf oil or products that contain it.
- Soothes burns and itching
- Increases blood flow
- Relieves headache
To get relief from a headache, put a clean cloth soaked in oil on your forehead. The oil will help in opening the blood vessels that are causing discomfort. Clove leaf oil is also used for aromatherapy as it helps in stimulating the brain. The scent of clove leaf oil will make you active and energetic.
- Insect repellent
The clove leaf oil is used by many companies in spray products and insect repellents. It is one of the essential ingredients of such products. Well, to get rid of insects and bugs, use products that contain clove leaf oil or save your money by using clove leaf oil available in your home. Apply clove leaf oil on your body so that bugs and mosquitoes don't bite you.
- Diminishes foul cooking odours
When you cook non-veg in your home, it can cause a foul smell which is quite unbearable. To get rid of the unpleasant smells in your house, burn clove-scented oils or perfume that replace the foul odour with a pleasant fragrance. To add taste to bland foods, you can use clove leaf oil or clove leaves as well.
- Curbs pain related to tooth
Clove leaf oil has excellent healing quality. Clove lea oil is the best natural remedy to cure toothache and other pain related to the tooth. To get relief, put a drop of clove leaf oil on an aching tooth. It also helps in reducing the pain when the teeth are pulled out.
Clove leaf oil also helps in relieving the pain of bunions, warts, and nerve pain. To get relief, simply apply clove leaf oil to the affected area by using a clean cloth.
How to use clove leaf?
• The clove leaf and oil are very beneficial for toothaches. To get relief from pain, all you have to do is take a drop of clove oil in a cotton ball and put it in a tooth where it is aching. For 10-15 minutes, leave it there and then remove it.
• Clove leaf and oil have the property that soothes and relaxes the muscle of the gastrointestinal tract. The consumption of leaves and oil can prevent digestive problems such as vomiting and nausea. Whenever you face the problem of indigestion or any other discomfort related to the stomach, consume food that is made with clove leaves.
• The presence of antimicrobial properties in cloves helps in getting rid of bugs, insects, and mosquitoes. You can use spray and insect repellent that contains clove leaf/oil or you can simply make it home if you want. To make a spray, You need clove oil, water, and solubol.
- In water, add drops of clove oil.
- Add solubol into it as oil won't dissolve in water easily.
- Mix the solution properly and pour it into a bottle.
- Your spray is ready and whenever you would like to use remember to shake the bottle.
• Cloves are also good for healing skin ailments such as itchiness, and also help in relieving the pain. To get rid of skin problems, you can mix clove oil or the juice squeezed bout from clove leaves into your lotion, creams, and scrubs. You can also massage by using clove oil but remember to add carrier oil into it.
Are there any side effects?
Yes, there are few side effects of cloves:
Risk of bleeding:
The overconsumption of everything is bad for health. Similarly, excessive intake of cloves can raise the risk of bleeding. It has the property of thinning the blood and thus it can promote the chances the bleeding. It is suggested to not intake cloves excessively or if you are suffering from any bleeding illness.
Reduces sugar level:
People suffering from blood sugar are suggested to not consume clove or any of its forms. As they can lower the glucose level in the blood. Thus, the intake of cloves can be harmful to the health of such people. Also, if you consume cloves or their form, keep checking your blood sugar levels.
One of the side effects that occur from consuming cloves and its form is allergy. If you face problems like itching, throat choking, rash, swelling, etc, while consuming cloves then stop the intake of cloves. It contains eugenol which is responsible for causing these allergic reactions.
There are cigarettes available in the market that are made from cloves and it is even used by many people as well. People who smoke clove cigarettes daily can suffer from respiratory issues problems in breathing, shortness of breath, and infection in the lungs. So, avoid smoking these clove cigarettes.
Makes skin sensitive:
Cloves and their form can make the skin quite sensitive. The spice excessive use and consumption can cause skin problems like burning, itchiness, rashes, and even have the ability to damage the skin cells.
What to look for when buying clove leaf oil
When you want to buy a clove leaf oil, it is easily available in stores. If you want to save your time and don't want to go to a store to buy it then you can also order it online. However, many people don't know what to look for when buying clove leaf oil. Read below to get the idea:
- Always see whether on the product label, the scientific name of the clove is written or not. In case you don't know, Clove's scientific name is Syzygium aromaticum. Sometimes its synonym is used which is called Eugenia cariophylata.
- Check the purity statement and always buy clove essential oil that is 100 % pure.
- The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) doesn't regulate essential oils so be aware of the oils that claim to be and don't buy them.
- Before buying clove leaf oil, smell it. As it has a unique fragrance, if the oil isn't smelling the way you know, don't buy it.
In the article above we mentioned all the things related to clove, clove leaf, and clove leaf oil. As now you are aware of the many benefits this spice offers, we suggest you include clove in your diet. As consumption of cloves has few side effects we recommend consulting your doctor before using it.
Popular ArticlesBacopa Monnieri | Biotin | Cardamom Powder | Causes Of Dandruff | Clove Benefits | Clove Oil | Cold Pressed Coconut Oil | Dry Ginger | Ginger Benefits | Ginger For Hair | Hair Masks | Olive Oil For Hair | Reasons For Hair Fall | Hair Fall Treatment | Yashtimadhu Benefits | Food For Hair Growth | Curd For Hair | Redensyl | Shatavari Benefits For Men | Bhringraj Tree |
Buy Multivitamin Tablet | Buy Hair Fall Tablets | Buy Herbal Tablets | Buy Minoxidil 5% | Buy Herbal Hair Oil | Buy Hair Fall Shampoo | Buy Anti Dandruff Shampoo | Buy Hair Root Serum | Buy Digestion Tablets | Buy Shatavari Ghrita | Buy Minoxidil 2% |