What Are the Uses of Dry Ginger? Know Everything
These days, people opt for natural remedies more than they use over-the-counter medicines. There are various spices available in the kitchen that offers amazing health benefits. Even you will find these spices as an ingredient in many herbal medicines. One such great spice is Dry Ginger also known as Dried Ginger. In different languages it is known differently like in Hindi it is called Sonth, Shunti in Kannada, Suntha in Marathi, Soonth in Gujarati, and Sonti in Telugu.
Dry Ginger lends a pungent flavour to dishes and has a strong aroma.
It has anti-bacterial & anti-inflammatory characteristics, contains nutrients and bioactive compounds that keep the skin, hairs, and body healthy & also prevents the body from diseases.
Nutrients present in Dry Ginger:
• Dietary fibre
• Vitamin B3 and B6
• Vitamin C
Before we introduce you to the astounding health benefits of Dry Ginger, let us first tell you what is Dry Ginger
By name only it is evident that Dry Ginger is a dried form of Ginger. It is one such herbal spice that offers health benefits while they are fresh as well as when it is used in a dried form. To be called Dry Ginger, the fresh Ginger goes through a drying process. It is a herbal ingredient and if a person is facing the problem of bitterness in their mouth, Dry Ginger and honey will help in curing it. Nowadays, many people consume dry ginger to lose weight.
Health Benefits of Dry Ginger
Treats stomach problems:
Our unhealthy eating habits cause indigestion and other digestive problem like acidity, intestinal issues, bloating, and stomach pain. Facing such issues makes us annoying and what's worse is they are painful as well sometimes. Right?
To get rid of such stomach problems, Dry Ginger can be very helpful. It has anti-inflammatory characteristics that help in neutralizing the stomach digestive juices and quicken food digestion. Also, help in eradicating the gas from intestinal tracts.
Improves metabolism & help in weight loss:
Dry Ginger or its powder works great for improving the metabolism in the body. To get a better rate of metabolism, include dry ginger in your diet. It has thermogenic agents that are good for burning fat and losing weight. The thermogenic properties help in controlling the absorption of fat in the body and also subdues hunger and overeating.
Treats motion sickness or morning sickness:
A lot of women have to deal with motion sickness and morning sickness when they are pregnant. Instead of taking medicine, Dry Ginger offers an effective solution. All you have to do is mix dry ginger in a powdered form and water. It even helps in the prevention of nausea, cures inflammation, and soothes the stomach.
The presence of anti-inflammatory gingerols and shaogals in the Dry Ginger help in the treatment of the common cold. If you are suffering from a cold take lukewarm water and mix the dry ginger powder in it. Then, consume it to get relief from the cold. If you want along with the dry ginger powder you can also mix clove powder and salt.
Treats face problems:
Many women face the problem of acne, pimples, scars, dark spots, blemishes, and other skin problems. They try many skincare products but all go in vain. To get rid of the above-mentioned problems, we suggest you guys use dry ginger or products that contain it. The anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties help in killing the bacterias that cause acne and other skin problems.
How to use dry ginger on your face:
• Take a bowl and put some dry ginger powder and a few teaspoons of milk in it. Mix it well until you get a fine paste. Then, apply the paste on your face and let it rest there for 15-20 minutes. Wash your face with cold water after 15-20 minutes. This face mask made with Dry Ginger will rejuvenate your face skin & will also give glowing skin.
• To make a toner for your face by using dry ginger, all you have to do is boil the dry ginger powder in water. In it put some drops of lavender oil and then mix all the ingredients well. After mixing well, pour it in a bottle and refrigerate. After it is refrigerated, use it as a toner daily. This toner will provide hydration to your skin and also help in reducing dryness.
Help in lowering cholesterol level:
Eating unhealthy food leads to an increase in LDL lipoproteins (bad cholesterol) which can cause diseases related to the heart. Dry Ginger use helps in lowering the LDL level in the body. Thus, to keep your heart away from disease consume dry ginger daily.
Cures menstrual pain:
Some women have to deal with unbearable pain and cramps during their period days. The medicine offers instant relief but consuming it comes with side effects as well. Thus, treating the pain naturally with the help of dry ginger is the best remedy.
To get relief from pain and menstrual cramps, consume dry ginger powder on the first three days of your period.
Benefits Of Dry Ginger for Hair Growth
- Dry Ginger has properties of antioxidants and circulatory agents that are beneficial for the growth of hairs. These components in Dry Ginger increase the blood flow level in the hair follicles which in turn promote hair growth & reduce hair fall.
- An excellent spice helps in reducing stress and thus also improves hair health. The presence of gingerol in Dry Ginger nourishes the hair follicles that are helpful in hair growth.
- Apart from promoting hair growth, Dry Ginger offers other benefits to hairs as well as it prevents hair loss, reduces dandruff and irritation on the scalp.
Ways to use Dry Ginger in Hairs:
Dry Ginger can be used in form of its oil, Juice, and hair mask for achieving healthy hairs.
Ginger with essential oils:
- In a bowl, mix dry ginger paste along with any oil from coconut, jojoba, or olive.
- Apply this mixture to your hair and scalp with the help of your fingertips.
- Massage well with the paste and let it result in your hairs for at least 30 minutes.
- After the end of 30 minutes, wash your hair with shampoo.
- Using this paste will make your hairs strong, soft, and shiny.
Some other ways of using dry ginger for hair growth are:
- Dry Ginger and Lemon Juice Mask
- Dry Ginger Paste for Hair Growth
- Dry Ginger and Moringa
- Dry Ginger with Cucumber, Coconut Oil, And Basil Oil
- Dry Ginger and Onion for Hair Growth
- Dry Ginger and Garlic Paste
How to use Dry Ginger?
There are several ways of using Dry Ginger. Some of which we are mentioning below:
- In Indian cuisine, dry ginger is used in masalas and spices. It is added while making gravies, stews, marinades & curries.
- Dry Ginger is also added to the food that is prepared for pregnant women & lactating mothers.
- To make bake items like ginger cookies, gingerbread, and ginger candies, dry ginger is used for infusing its flavour.
- To make a powder of dry ginger, take pieces of some fresh ginger and keep it in the sun for drying. When it is dried, put it in a mixer and grind it till you get a smooth paste.
- To infuse a pungent flavour in any dish, add dry ginger powder to it.
Treats stomach problems:
Dry ginger is a great herb for getting rid of all the stomach problems like pain, acidity, intestinal issues, and bloating. To get relief from such problems, Take a glass and put the dry ginger powder in it along with sugarcane juice. Start consuming it daily in the morning to get relief from stomach issues.
Dry Ginger is an excellent cure for pain in the head, muscles, and joints. Consuming Dry Ginger eases every kind of pain. To use it as a pain reliever, just mix a dry ginger powder with water so that you get a paste. Whenever you have pain in any part of the body apply this paste. To curb the pain in the chest, mix sugar, coconut water, and dry ginger powder and consume it.
Dry Ginger contains some compounds that help in curing a cold and cough. It also helps in the prevention of flu-related symptoms. To cure a cold and cough, consume tea made with dried ginger or its powder. For treating the runny rose, consume dry ginger mixed with jaggery. For both the treatments, consume these mixtures twice or thrice a day.
Heal urinary tract infections:
Women face Urinary tract infections mostly and when they deal with UTI they have to go through unbearable pain. For the treatment of UTI, consulting a doctor is best but if you have mild UTI then you can treat it naturally at home by using dry ginger. To get relief from UTI, take a dry ginger powder and mix it with milk. Start consuming 2 times a day for a maximum of 2-3 days.
Help in losing weight:
Dry ginger has certain compounds that increase metabolism in the body and help in burning the fat which results in weight loss. To lose weight, drink dry ginger tea daily. You can also mix the dry ginger powder in warm water and for sweetness add honey into it. Consume this daily for weight loss. Dry ginger will also help in curing obesity.
Relief from Inflammation:
The consumption of dried ginger is very beneficial for relieving the pain of arthritis and inflammation. It contains anti-inflammatory properties that help in curing pain. All you have to do is put the dry ginger powder in water and boil it and when it's cooldown drink it. Consume this water mixed with ginger powder daily to get relief from pain. You can also make the paste to cure the pain of joints.
Popular ArticlesBacopa Monnieri | Biotin | Cardamom Powder | Causes Of Dandruff | Clove Benefits | Clove Leaf | Clove Oil | Cold Pressed Coconut Oil | Ginger Benefits | Ginger For Hair | Hair Masks | Olive Oil For Hair | Reasons For Hair Fall | Hair Fall Treatment | Yashtimadhu Benefits | Food For Hair Growth | Curd For Hair | Redensyl | Shatavari Benefits For Men | Bhringraj Tree |
Buy Multivitamin Tablet | Buy Hair Fall Tablets | Buy Herbal Tablets | Buy Minoxidil 5% | Buy Herbal Hair Oil | Buy Hair Fall Shampoo | Buy Anti Dandruff Shampoo | Buy Hair Root Serum | Buy Digestion Tablets | Buy Shatavari Ghrita | Buy Minoxidil 2% |