Everything You Must Know About Hair Masks
Thus, for our rescue comes homemade hair masks which we can easily prepare by using the ingredients available in our kitchen. Many people think Hair masks are not effective but, in this article, we will tell you the benefits of using Hair Masks and various DIY ways of preparing them. Before we begin, let me tell you what is a hair mask?
You have used the face mask and very well known that it provides nourishment and hydration to the face. Similarly, Hair Masks help in improving the health of hairs. The Hair masks are highly effective and provide tons of benefits to hairs like providing nourishment and conditioning, reducing dryness and frizziness, controlling dandruff and hair fall, promoting hair growth, etc.
The beauty salons also provide Hair Masks service. However, the services provided by these salons are expensive and the hair masks also consist of chemicals that are harmful to the health of hairs. Thus, preparing a Hair Mask with natural ingredient is the best remedy and provide excellent benefits to hairs as well.
The Hair Masks recipes we are mentioning below are for all the hair types and will provide nourishment, moisturization, protection to hairs.
Different types of hair masksThere are various Hair Masks that you can easily make in your home for treating hair problems like dryness, dandruff, itchy scalp, hair fall, etc. Some DIY masks that you can simply prepare are mentioned below:
Coconut oil, sugar, and essential oil hair mask for flakes in the scalpIngredients required: Coconut oil, sugar, peppermint oil, and tea tree oil.
- Take a bowl, mix all the ingredients properly.
- By using a brush or fingers, apply it to your hairs & scalp.
- Massage with your fingertips for 2-3 minutes and leave it in your hair for some time.
- Then, wash your hair with normal water.
Cinnamon and coconut oil hair mask for hair regrowthIngredients required: cinnamon and coconut oil
- In a bowl, properly mix both the ingredients.
- After mixing it well, apply it to your scalp and hair.
- Massage with your fingertips for some time and then leave it in your hair for at least 45 minutes.
- Rinse it off and use this mask once a week to get effective results.
Green tea and apple cider vinegar hair mask for irritated scalpIngredients required: Green tea, peppermint oil, apple cider vinegar
- Take a bowl and mix all the ingredients properly.
- Apply it to your scalp and massage for a while.
- Then, wash it off with normal water after 5 minutes.
Egg white and lemon hair mask for greasy hairs:Ingredients required: Egg white and lemon juice
- In a bowl, whisk the egg white and also add lemon juice to it.
- After mixing it, apply it to your scalp and hairs evenly.
- Let it rest in your hair for 30 minutes and then wash your hair from normal water.
What are the benefits of a hair mask?Using a Hair Mask provide many benefits to hairs. However, the result depends on how well an ingredient goes with a hair type. Some effective benefits of using hair mask are:
- Soft, shiny, and strong hairs
- Retain moisture
- Treats damaged and dry hairs
- Reduces frizziness
- Improve the health of the scalp
- Control dandruff
- Reduce hair fall
What ingredients work well in a Hair Mask?
Every Hair Mask is made from different ingredients and how effective depends on the texture and type of scalp and hair conditions. Below is a list of ingredients that are commonly used in making hair masks:
If you are looking for an ingredient that is effective for frizzy hairs, then choose banana. The presence of silica in the banana makes the hair soft and shiny. Banana is filled with antimicrobial properties that help in reducing dandruff and dryness in hair.
Honey helps in retaining the lost moisture of hairs and also strengthens the hair follicles which promotes hair growth.
Aloe vera has anti-inflammatory properties that help in soothing and relaxing the scalp. Also, the presence of folic acid, vitamins, and choline provides nourishment and strength to hairs.
The presence of Vitamins, folate, and biotin in the eggs is very beneficial for hair growth and as it also contains proteins it helps in making the hairs strong.
Coconut oil deeply conditions the scalp and hairs and thus reduces the dryness and fizziness of hairs. Applying coconut oil will also help in retaining the lost protein.
The presence of minerals in the oil like magnesium, iron, and folic acid help in treating damaged hairs and also in sealing the hair cuticle.
Olive oil is excellent for providing moisture to hairs as it has squalene. It also helps in retaining moisture in the skin.
How to apply a Hair MaskHair Masks work well when they are applied in clean and washed hairs. Below we have mentioned ways to apply Hair Mask properly:
- Always before applying the hair mask cover your clothes with a towel.
- Use hair clips, to divide your hairs into sections as it will help in applying the mask evenly.
- With the help of your fingers, or any kind of brush you can apply the hair mask to your hairs.
- If you have dry hair, we recommend you apply the mask to the bottom.
- If you are applying the mask for controlling dandruff in your hairs, start applying the mask to your scalp first and then in the bottom.
- After applying the mask, run a comb in your hairs so that the mask is evenly applied in hairs.
- When you are done applying the mask, cover your hair properly with a plastic wrap or a shower cap to prevent it from dropping on your clothes and towel.
- Let the mask rest in your hair for at least 30 minutes. Well, some masks contain certain ingredients that can be left in the hair for an hour or more.
- Wash your hairs with normal water and don't use hot water.
- People who use hair masks for dry, damaged, and frizzy hair, apply the mask once a week in their hairs.
Hair Mask Recipe IdeasPreparing a Hair Mask for yourself is quite easy and also saves you money. There are various Hair masks you can make and apply to your hairs to repair the damage, reduce dryness, controlling dandruff, and promoting hair growth. All you have to know is which type of Hair mask and ingredients are suitable for your hairs.
To know which one is good and effective in your hairs, try out the basic Hair Masks recipes which we are mentioning below. According to the length and thickness of your hair, you can increase the number of ingredients.
Hair Mask for Frizzy or Damaged HairIngredients required: Yogurt and olive oil
- In a bowl, mix olive oil and yoghurt properly.
- Apply the mixture to your hair and scalp for at least 10 minutes.
- Then, wash your hair with water.
Hair Mask for Dry and DandruffIngredients required: avocado, aloe vera gel & coconut oil
- In a bowl put all the ingredients and mix it well.
- Apply the mixture in wet or dry hair from top to bottom evenly.
- Let the mixture rest in your hair for 30 Minutes.
- Then, wash your hair with water.
Hair Mask for Thinning HairIngredients required: egg whites & coconut oil
- In a bowl, whisk properly the white eggs and add coconut oil into it.
- After mixing both the ingredients, apply it to your hair from top to bottom.
- Leave it in your hair for at least 20 minutes.
- Then, wash your hair with shampoo and normal water. Do not use hot water.
Ready-made Hair MasksWe are so busy in our personal and professional life that we don't get time to do self-care. Even, if we get some time, we choose to do rest or something we love. Right? When you're running out of time and still want to take care of your hairs, then are several ready-made masks available in the stores and beauty stores. You can also order the hair masks online. When you buy ready-made Hair masks, always make sure to buy masks that contain natural products and are chemical and preservative-free.
Hair Masks for Damaged HairOne of the common hair problems that most people face is damage/breakage of hairs. For treating damaged hairs, we use products and hair masks but most of the time they don't give results. Instead of spending money on these hair masks and hair care products, we suggest you make a DIY hair mask. These hair masks are not only easy to make but you can also prepare them by using ingredients present in your home. We have made a list of few Hair Masks that will be beneficial for damaged hairs:
Coconut Oil, avocado, eggs & honey hair maskIngredients required: Avocado, eggs, honey, and Coconut Oil
- In a bowl, mash the avocado properly.
- In the mashed avocado, put eggs, honey, and coconut oil and mix all the ingredients properly.
- After mixing, apply it to your scalp and hairs.
- Leave this mixture in your hairs for 20 minutes at least.
- Then, wash off your hair with shampoo.
Avocado, egg, and olive oil hair maskIngredients required: olive oil, eggs, and avocado
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients properly.
- After mixing, apply the mixture to your scalp and hairs evenly.
- Cover your hair with a shower cap after applying the mixture.
- Let the mixture rest in your hairs for 10 to 15 minutes.
- After the end of 15 minutes, wash your hair.
Milk and honey hair maskIngredients required: Honey and Milk
- In a bowl, according to the length of your hairs mix honey and milk properly.
- After mixing it, pour the mixture into a spray bottle.
- After doing the shampoo in your hairs, instead, of using conditioner spray it in your hairs.
- Let it rest in your hair and scalp for 20 minutes.
- Then, wash your hair and see the result.
Hair Masks for Dry HairLots of women nowadays face the problem of dry and frizzy hairs. Various things take away the nourishment from your hairs and making it dry and frizzy. Some factors that cause dry hairs are:
- Deficiency of nutrients
- Extreme level sun exposure
- Washing with chlorinated water
- Washing hairs excessively
- Excessive use of haircare and styling products and appliances
To get rid of dry hair problems, various DIY hair masks give effective results.
Some of the DIY hair masks suggestion we are giving in detail below:
Coconut oil and honey hair mask
Ingredients required: coconut oil (1tsp) and Honey (1tsp)
- In a bowl, mix 1 tsp of coconut oil and honey properly.
- Take a pot and put this mixture in it and heat till the mixture is melted
- When the mixture is cooled down, apply it to your hairs evenly.
- Let it rest in your hair for 20 minutes.
- At the end of 20 minutes wash your hair.
Brown sugar & olive oil hair mask
Ingredients required: Brown sugar and olive oil
- Take a bowl and mix brown sugar and olive oil properly.
- Apply this mixture evenly to your hairs.
- After applying the mixture, leave it in your hair for at least 20 minutes.
- Then, wash your hair with shampoo.
Honey, egg, and apple cider vinegar hair mask
Ingredients required: Apple cider vinegar, egg, and honey
- In a bowl, mix honey, ACW, and egg properly.
- According to the length of your hairs, take the number of ingredients.
- Apply this mixture to your hairs for 40 minutes.
- Wash your hair after 40 minutes.
Popular ArticlesBacopa Monnieri | Biotin | Cardamom Powder | Causes Of Dandruff | Clove Benefits | Clove Leaf | Clove Oil | Cold Pressed Coconut Oil | Dry Ginger | Ginger Benefits | Ginger For Hair | Olive Oil For Hair | Reasons For Hair Fall | Hair Fall Treatment | Yashtimadhu Benefits | Food For Hair Growth | Curd For Hair | Redensyl | Shatavari Benefits For Men | Bhringraj Tree |
Buy Multivitamin Tablet | Buy Hair Fall Tablets | Buy Herbal Tablets | Buy Minoxidil 5% | Buy Herbal Hair Oil | Buy Hair Fall Shampoo | Buy Anti Dandruff Shampoo | Buy Hair Root Serum | Buy Digestion Tablets | Buy Shatavari Ghrita | Buy Minoxidil 2% |
Dr. Jaspreet Sarna, M.D
Dr. Sarna is an MD (Skin & VD) with a decade-long experience in treating hair loss and working on hair regrowth. She believes stress management is the key to good health.