Your Magnificent Mane: How to Get Thick Hair Naturally
The process of getting thick hair demands a lot of effort. However, you could convert this distant dream into reality with a disciplined approach and by following a regular hair care regimen. You can create those thick strands of shine and gloss by adopting some effective hair care techniques. Let’s find out more on how to get thick hair naturally.
What Causes Hair Thinning
Hair thinning could happen due to a variety of factors like diet, genetics or lifestyle choices. Thinning is minor to moderate hair loss and does not necessarily result in baldness. It does however lead to patches of sparse growth on the scalp. In course of time, some follicles stop growing hair and the hair begins to lose its colour. Also, when people grow older the hair loses its density and becomes weaker. Following are some causes of thinning hair.
- Androgenetic alopecia: Genes are responsible for androgenetic alopecia i.e., male and female pattern baldness. This sort of hair thinning affects males in the form of a receding hairline to the back of the head while for females it affects the crown of the head. Men aged 50 and older are at a greater risk of being affected by it, as are women after reaching menopause.
- Alopecia areata: Hereditary and environmental factors are the main reasons for this condition and cause hair loss in circular patches on the scalp.
- Diet: lack of a balanced diet could also impact your hair health as the deficiency of nutrients will affect the body’s ability to maintain healthy tresses as well as generate new follicles. A bad diet could also manifest itself through dull, dry & brittle hair and dandruff issues.
- Stress: Prolonged periods of stress may lead to a condition called telogen effluvium because of which the hair appears thinner. However, once the phase passes the hair does return back to its normal state.
- Pregnancy: There could be significant hair loss during or after pregnancy but it returns to its original condition soon after.
- Hair care: Use of products with chemical ingredients can affect the health of your hair as they create dryness and make hair brittle among other things.
- Hair styling: Hair styling products such as dryers or curlers lead to hair dryness. Head bands which stretch the hair from the roots can also lead to hair thinning.
Hair Care Tips to Prevent Hair Thinning
Most individuals face hair thinning problems at some time or the other but there are a number of things that you can do to prevent it from happening.
- Use mild shampoos that are free from harmful chemicals.
- Create a diet plan that provides for all the essential nutrients like proteins, vitamins, irons and minerals. Include a lot of green leafy vegetables in your diet; this is recommended by doctors as an effective method on how to grow thick hair naturally. Multivitamins and zinc are extremely essential for your hair health.
- Drink lots of water to keep your body and scalp hydrated. This is sound advice and a much-recommended way on improving the quality of your hair and on how to get thick hair naturally.
- Avoid using hair products that have a lot of chemical ingredients like alcohol and opt for minimal use of heat styling tools
- Always wash your hair with lukewarm water and not hot water as it strips away the scalp of all essential oils and makes it dry.
- Do not comb your hair when it is wet. Use a wide-toothed comb to detangle your strands.
- Massage your hair with essential oils regularly for at least 20 minutes. This will stimulate the layers of scalp beneath your skin. One of your significant monsoon hair care tips is to wash them 2-3 tines a week to remove the rain water which is full of pollutants.
- Take 700mcg-1000mcg of biotin every day to improve the quality of your tresses.
- Get your trim done as part of your summer hair care. Remove the split ends and ensure better quality growth as hair grows faster in summer.
Home Remedies to Grow Thick Hair Naturally
The quality of the hair follicles has everything to do with the right genes and one can do previous little to change this. However, it is possible to inculcate some good habits and make the hair look thicker and also prevent hair loss. Let’s look at some very effective ways of thickening the quality of your hair.
Eggs: The high protein content in eggs make it an excellent option for building strong, robust strands. This treatment if used regularly will help improve the quality of a person’s hair. This is a great method on how to make hair thicker and fuller naturally
Beat 1-2 eggs together and apply the mix to your hair. Wash after 30 minutes with shampoo and lukewarm water.
You can also mix the yolk of 2 eggs with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 2 tablespoons of water. Apply this to your scalp and hair, keep for 20 minutes before washing with a mild shampoo and lukewarm water. Do this once a week as part of one of your potent thick hair home remedies.
- Olive oil: The omega-3 acids and other ingredients in olive oil are extremely useful in removing the dryness from the scalp and growing thicker hair. Put warm olive oil on your scalp and massage thoroughly for half an hour before washing it with a mild shampoo. You can also leave the oil on overnight before washing it. This is the best remedy for thick hair.
- Aloe vera: The gel of the aloe vera plant if applied regularly to your hair helps make it robust and thick. There are also a number of hair products like creams which use aloe vera as an ingredient to promote the overall health of your hair. You can also mix the gel with olive or coconut oil and apply it on your hair once or twice a week for good results. This is a great way on how to get thick hair naturally
- Castor oil: Castor oil has a very thick consistency and is rich in fatty acids which coat the hair right up to the roots and provides for thickness and increased flexibility. It leads to increased blood vessel dilation and this enhances the flow of oxygen and nutrients to the follicles and hair roots. Leave the oil for half an hour before washing it out. This is one of your ‘how to make hair thicker and fuller naturally’ home remedies.
- Orange puree: The vitamin C and acids in orange improve the lustre and make the hair look thicker. The acids remove the impurities that are left behind in your scalp and this facilitates the entry of nutrients for faster hair growth. Apply the puree of fresh oranges on your scalp and leave it for an hour before rinsing it out. The fresh smell of oranges makes this remedy all the more appealing as this is a natural treatment for hair thickening.
- Onion Juice: Its rich sulphur content is the reason a lot of experts recommend onion juice for thick hair. The sulphur helps in the production of collagen which augments the growth of healthy skin cells and hair growth.
Many of the results of these ‘how to make hair thick’ home remedies to a great extent depend on the hair and scalp quality of the individual. These remedies might also produce adverse effects on certain people and this might necessitate corrective measures. There could be those occasions where the person might experience sudden and explained hair thinning and loss and this would require the help of a medical expert.
Do visit us at Traya and allow our experts to conduct those detailed tests to suggest suitable remedies for your hair issues and tell you how to get thick hair naturally.
Popular ArticlesEffective Hair Fall Treatment For Men And Women | Shatavari Plant | Itchy Scalp | Telogen Effluvium | Ginger Powder | Shiny Hair | Hair Conditioner | Ginger Juice For Hair | Hair Smoothening | How To Increase Hair Volume | How Much Hair Fall Is Normal | Hair Rebonding | Hair Breakage | Role Of Nutrition In Hair Health | Scalp Psoriasis | Seborrheic Dermatitis | Postpartum Hair Loss | Female Pattern Baldness | Scalp Pain | Layers Of Scalp
Buy Multivitamin Tablet | Buy Hair Fall Tablets | Buy Herbal Tablets | Buy Minoxidil 5% | Buy Herbal Hair Oil | Buy Hair Fall Shampoo | Buy Anti Dandruff Shampoo | Buy Hair Root Serum | Buy Digestion Tablets | Buy Shatavari Ghrita | Buy Minoxidil 2% |