Understand the Most Crucial Benefits of Ashwagandha
For centuries Ashwagandha has been used in Ayurveda particularly as a renewal agent and daily booster. In Ayurveda, Ashwagandha is regarded as the prince of medicines as it has preventative properties that are beneficial for the human body in several ways. Its properties help in curing various health issues.
The scientific name of Ashwagandha is ‘Withania somnifera’. It is normally known by the name Indian Winter Cherry. It is a shrub that is green in all seasons. It grows in dry soil that is stony and prefers light shade.
The part of the plant is very useful for it can be used in numerous ways.
- Leaf – treats fever and inflammation
- Flower – treats oily skin, removes toxin, diuretic
- Seed – treats infection and parasitic disease
- Fruit – treats tumor, skin ulcer, tuberculosis
- Root – has antioxidant properties, treats diabetes and depression, helps gain stamina
This super plant has been used as a magic medicine for centuries. In this article, we will see how Ashwagandha proves to be beneficial and how people can use it.
What makes Ashwagandha beneficial?
The properties of Ashwagandha constitute several nutrients. It is rich in steroidal lactones. It contains phytochemicals such as flavonoids, alkaloids, fatty acids, choline, and amino acids. These constituents help to derive the medicinal qualities which are beneficial for the human body system. It can treat diseases and also act as a beautiful herb. It can help build sexual stamina in both men and women. The benefits derived from the magic shrub are numerous which this article will present in detail.
Benefits of Ashwagandha for skin
Ashwagandha is an antioxidant-rich plant. Antioxidants can help in treating damaged skin due to the harmful UV rays emitted by the heat of the sun. It could help in attaining younger-looking skin and help eliminate wrinkles on the skin. Using it on the skin can help fight the premature signs of aging.
Ashwagandha helps treat hyperpigmentation. It removes the dark circles around your eyes, dark spots, acne scars, and evens out skin treating the discoloration issue of the skin. It also helps treat acne and pimples. As a result, you can attain supple, flawless, and healthy-looking skin with consistent use of the Ashwagandha.
When we talk of beauty benefits, hair comes along with the skin. Ashwagandha can be used to treat scalp infections or fungal infections as it contains antioxidants and antibacterial properties. It helps maintain the sebum balance and stress hormones. The balance in stress hormones helps in reducing hair fall.
Benefits of Ashwagandha for Men
Ashwagandha can stimulate sexual desire due to its aphrodisiac nature. Men suffering from low libido that result in low sexual performance can benefit from this magic herb. Ashwagandha benefits for men are numerous.
- Help increase the level of male hormones – testosterone
- Prevents the damaged dead sperm cells helping in more sexual desire
- Improves male sexual wellness by working on male infertility
- Help reduce the stress that enhances sexual ability
The process of consuming Ashwagandha- beneficial for men
- Take half a teaspoon of Ashwagandha root preferably in powdered form
- Add sugar or honey and consume it daily for a month
- Or you may mix the root of Ashwagandha in a glass of milk. The root should be in powdered form.
- You can also buy this herb mix from Traya which contains Ashwagandha.
The root of Ashwagandha powder benefits men for enhancing their sexual ability.
Benefits of Ashwagandha for women
Sexual wellness is directly related to stress. The more stressed you become the less will be your sexual ability. Ashwagandha helps reduce stress. Ashwagandha benefits for women are numerous.
- Help reduce stress and boost your mind psychologically
- Regulates and balances female sex hormones that enhance the sexual health of women
- Maintains a good menstrual cycle and helps treat infertility in women
- Improves reproductive health
- Increases libido
- Consumption of this herb helps induce happiness in women that boosts their sexual desire
The process of consuming Ashwagandha for women is similar to men. The root powder is used in this case too. Ashwagandha powder uses facilities for female sexual wellness.
Benefits of Ashwagandha for children
Ashwagandha is known as adaptogens that can reduce all types of stress in the human body and is also known as a life extender. It is regarded as a magic herb for human health. Humans of all ages can benefit from this super-magical herb. The benefits of this medicinal herb specifically for children are described in the following section of this article.
Relief from stress and anxiety
Consumption of Ashwagandha helps children to handle stress and anxiety. It can reduce stress and enhance tranquility inside the human mind. It is helpful, particularly for modern-day teenagers.
Children are prone to sickness and disease. Ashwagandha helps in modulating the body's immune system. It helps to produce platelets and white blood cell count in individuals that resultantly help in regulating the immune system. It also helps in boosting the creation of antibodies that help fight foreign diseases and build a good immune system.
Ashwagandha helps improve the quality of human beings. It helps maintain the biological clock that might get disturbed today's modern world. A night of good sleep is the requirement of every child. They need sleep to grow and become healthy. Sleep deprivation can cause various health and psychological issues in children. The root extract of the Ashwagandha plant can main and induce sleep in human beings. If you want your children to get a night of sound sleep, it is advised to make them consume Ashwagandha root extract.
Helps sharpen memory
Ashwagandha helps the development of the brain in children. It helps in sharpening attention and focus in children. It also helps in solving other behavioral problems in children. It helps in stimulating neurons in brain cells and increasing the breaking down of enzymes in the brain. All of this contributes to sharpening your brain and enhancing your memory.
Ashwagandha is a natural memory enhancer. Make your child's memory sharper by the use of this magical herb. By consistent use of this plant extract, your child can learn more, grasp more, and retain more.
For overall children’s health
The medicinal herb, Ashwagandha is a magical herb that helps in maintaining the normal operation of your body's organs. It supports the adrenalin, thyroid, immune system, and neurons which contribute to the overall health of your body. It balances out the hormone levels in the human body and maintains the balance in blood and sugar levels. Children are prone to sickness. Improve your child's health by the consumption of this super-magical herb.
Maintain a good body weight
Ashwagandha helps in maintaining a well-balanced body weight. You do not want your child to become obese nor do you want them to be skinny. Normal body weight is desirable for children. Ashwagandha helps in achieving the balanced body weight of your child. It provides the child's body the required strength and energy which will not let him consume unnecessary fats and carbohydrates. Therefore Ashwagandha helps in attaining a desirable balanced weight by maintaining the nutrients level in his body.
How to Use Ashwagandha Powder for health
Ashwagandha is rich in sources that help treat diseases. It is therapeutic. It constitutes several photochemical particulars that have numerous health benefits. T
Ashwagandha plant can also be used to treat sexual wellness in both men and women which we have discussed in the sections above. All of these measures need consistent efforts and must be applied to your schedule in a way that you get used to it.
Ashwagandha capsules use
Ashwagandha tablet uses are numerous. The Ashwagandha tablet benefits can be put on into health issues and beauty problems. It is used as a supplement to the original herb. You can get it here. Enjoy the following benefits from the use of Ashwagandha tablets:
- It is a medicinal herb used from ancient treat various health issues so the tablet can be as useful as the original plant
- Can reduce sugar levels in blood in a diabetic patient
- It is believed to heal some cancers
- Reduces high cholesterol levels
- Help maintain blood pressure levels
- Help overcome stress and anxiety
- Help solve depression and other psychological issues
- Help maintain healthy sexual wellness in men
- Help enhance reproductive health in female
- Used in increasing muscular strength
- Reduce swelling
- Help in increasing memory and increase the abilities of the brain
- Help treat arthritis
- Help improve the immune system
- Has antioxidants and antibodies
- Helps maintain weight
The Ashwagandha supplement is a safe preventive and curative capsule that can be used in various ways to keep our body and mind healthy. Ashwagandha churna benefits are very similar to the benefits derived from the tablets of the magical herb. Ashwagandha churna uses are the same as described in the above points. Churna is a mixture of several herbs. Ashwagandha churna can be a useful way to benefit from treating various diseases.
Best Time to Take Ashwagandha – The right dose and time for you
Now that we have learned the benefits of this magical super herb, you must not take an overdose of it. Nothing in excess is good for your body. Make sure you consult your Ayurveda doctor before you decide to consume this natural herb.
The Ayurveda studies show that the medicinal herb needs to consume in 250 mg to 5 g. It is often preferred to be taken in the form of capsules because of the smelly nature of the original herb. The herb smells like the sweat of the horse. Hence people often prefer capsules to the original herb.
It is advised that you take it at a specific time of day throughout the month. If you have taken it a night you are recommended to do it so daily at night time. The daily dosage should not be broken. You need to be very consistent in consuming as you do it when consuming scientific medicines. Break it if you consume it more than once. It is recommended that you consume it in small quantities several times a day rather than consuming it all at once.
The side effects of Ashwagandha
There are various safety measures while consuming this medicinal herb. Mostly it is safe if you consume it orally but it might result in some serious consequences in a few instances.
- It is not advised that pregnant women consume this herb as it has an overwhelming response for the fetus
- The supplements are not regulated by the FDA (Food and Drug Administrators) hence 100% authentic supplements may not be found in the market. There may be some additives that may result in inappropriate consequences
- It is often known that Ayurveda medicines might contain lead, metals, or arsenic materials that are harmful to the human body. You never know if the herb is 100% authentic and hence end up facing serious health issues
- The increase in hormone levels due to the consumption of this medicine might result in thyroid
- It is believed that Aswagandha may lead to slow down our nervous system and therefore affect the brain and overall functionality of the human body
- Breastfeeding mothers should not consume it as it may harm the child.
- Auto-immune diseases might occur due to the antibodies present in the herb.
FAQS related to Ashwagandha – Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the different forms of Ashwagandha that are available in the market?
Ashwagandha is available in three forms: Churna (powder), capsules (supplements), and oil.
2. How should we consume the Aswagandha extract?
If you consume it in churna form you are advised to have half a teaspoon of churna at a time. The capsules’ dosage recommended is 600mg to 1200 mg in a day.
3. How to use Ashwagandha oil?
Massage the Ashwagandha oil by taking a small amount in your palm. Cover the area after massaging the oil gently. Do not expose the massaged area to sunlight, heat, or cold weather.
4. Can weight be balanced or maintained by the use of this magical herb?
Yes, Ashwagandha can help maintain your body weight. This is due to the herb's rich cortisol levels. Cortisol helps in maintaining and balancing the weight of the human body.
5. Can Ashwagandha be used for reducing hair fall?
Yes, Ashwagandha can help treat hair fall issues. Hair fall specifically caused due to stress can be treated by this medicinal herb. You now know that Ashwagandha helps reduce all types of body stressors. Reducing stress can gradually help reduce hair loss from the scalp of the human body.
6. Can Aswagandha help increase body height?
Yes, Ashwagandha can help you increase your height. This is possible as Ashwagandha helps maintain the overall wellness of the human body. If your body is healthy as all the systems and organs are functioning properly it is likely you will gain height.
7. Is Aswagandha responsible for improving testosterone hormone in men?
Yes, Ashwagandha is a super magical herb that helps in increasing libido in men. The stress reliever medicinal herb can help in increasing sexual ability and help in achieving a healthy sexual life.
8. How can Aswagandha help treat depression?
The adaptogen property of Ashwagandha makes it useful in treating various symptoms of depression and other psychological issues of the human mind.
9. Is Aswagandha helpful in correcting your biological clock?
Yes, Aswagandha can correct your biological clock. This herb can provide the human body with a night of quality sleep. The stress reliever can help treat a sleeping disorder.
10. Is Aswagandha helpful in treating cancerous diseases?
Yes, Aswagandha’s curative property helps in the stoppage of cancer cells. It also helps in reducing the aggressive and negative effects of chemotherapy in cancer patients.
11. Does consumption of Ashwagandha result in nausea or vomiting?
If you monitor the dosage level of Ashwagandha, you are likely not affected by nauseating behavior. But the high dosage of this super herb can cause diarrhea, nausea, or even vomiting. This is due to the powerful property of the herb. Therefore it is advised you consume it in a small dosage.
12. Can Aswagandha treat thyroid?
Yes the hormones like alkaloids, steroidal, and saponin helps in marinating the thyroid hormones and helps in treating the thyroid. Overdosage might cause more secretion of the thyroid hormones leading to serious health consequences. Therefore keep your dosage in check.
13. Can Ashwagandha be used for increasing muscular strength?
The bodybuilding ability can be increased with the increase in the male hormones – testosterone. Ashwagandha helps in increasing the male hormone that eventually helps in increasing the bodybuilding ability and muscular strength.
14. Can we consume Ashwagandha before surgery?
Is it recommended not to consume Ashwagandha due to the side effects it has on the nervous system of our body that may hamper the brain? Ashwagandha slows down the functioning of neurons hence it is not advised you consume it before surgery.
15. Does Aswagandha helpful for maintaining reproductive health in the female?
Stress in females reduces sexual ability and impacts the menstrual and reproductive health in the female body. Consuming Ashwagandha ensures the reduction in stress levels that correlates with the maintenance of sound reproductive and menstrual health in females.
Ashwagandha is an evergreen medicinal shrub that has various properties that can contribute to the overall health of the human body. Each part of the plant can deliver different health benefits. It can be used on the skin for beauty benefits and consumed orally for health benefits. This magical herb can be used by all ages and gender. This medicine helps treat diseases and relieve stress. This medicine is readily available on online platforms and also in local shops particularly in south Asian countries.
Ashwagandha's benefits and side effects must be closely acknowledged before you decide to use it or benefit from it. The evergreen shrub has numerous health benefits but the side effects must be kept in mind before consuming it. All the medicines mostly have a side effect or negative impact. No medicine is free from side effects so is this medicinal herb- Ashwagandha. The authenticity of the herb is crucial while you purchase this herb.
It is always better to consult your Ayurveda doctor before jumping to any conclusions regarding such medicinal herbs. Benefit from this magical herb just makes sure it is 100% pure and authentic. Cross-check the authenticity of Ashwagandha with your doctor, before consuming this super-magical herb.