How to Increase Hair Volume
Dense and shiny hair can do wonders to enhance the personality of any individual. But how do we keep more hair on the head and less on the brush? How to increase hair volume?
If the hair strands are growing very close to each other, they appear dense. Hair volume indicates the amount of hair on the scalp. Hair volume determines how thick or thin your hair appears. Hair loss can reduce hair volume.
Knowing your hair density can help you chose the right style, look, and products for your hair. If your hair is thick, you can opt for products such as heavy sit-in conditioners. If your hair is thin, you can go for lightweight products that do not weigh down the hair.
Some of the main causes of low hair density are-
- Genes - play a key part in determining your hair density.
- Diet - that is rich in nutrients and vitamins can improve your hair density.
- Medical conditions - Autoimmune diseases that cause hair loss can affect hair density.
- Stress - causes hair loss and impacts hair density.
There are various methods to increase hair volume. These include natural as well as chemical treatments. In this article, you can learn how to increase hair volume and thickness.
How Male can Increase Hair Volume?
Few remedies work from the inside while others are external (or cosmetic). In this and subsequent sections we look at how to increase hair volume:
Stress is a major cause of hair fall and low hair volume. You should keep your stress levels under check – involve yourself in physical activities and yoga. Pursuing hobbies can also help you destress.
Trim your hair every 5 – 6 weeks
Trimming helps you get rid of split and damaged ends. This helps in improving the volume of hair by speeding growth.
Be cautious with the usage of shampoo
Many of us apply shampoo to our hair daily. You need to be mindful of shampoo usage – if your scalp is very oily only then you can opt for daily usage of shampoo. Generally speaking, thrice a week shampooing is enough.
Take a nutritious diet
For beautiful hair, you must take a balanced diet. Include protein sources in your diet. Also include fruits and dry fruits to make your diet rich in vitamins and minerals.
Cut down on smoking and reduce the consumption of alcohol. Replenish at least 6-8 hours of sleep every night.
Avoid combing forcefully and too frequently. If there is abnormal hair fall, switch to a wide-toothed comb. Also, if you have long hair, do not comb and tie when the hair is wet as this causes split ends.
How to increase volume of hair instantly
To instantly increase the hair volume, you will need external remedies
- Blow-dry will lend your hair instant volume and shine. Be sure that you use heat protection agents and refrain from excessive usage of blow-drying.
- Customized hair extensions are useful in increasing the length of the hair and can also be customized to increase hair volume.
Herbs for Hair Volume
Some herbs are very useful in providing volume to thin hair. Here we look at how to increase hair volume using some of these herbs.
Bhringraj nourishes hair follicles and promotes their growth. This contributes to increasing hair volume. Bhringraj is used in the form of oil. You can apply this oil on the scalp directly, leave it on for 30 minutes before washing off with a mild shampoo.
Fenugreek (also known as Methi) is a rich source of Vitamins such as C, K, A, and folic acid and minerals such as iron, potassium, and calcium. Fenugreek seeds provide relief against dandruff and relieve scalp conditions such as hair thinning and dryness. These effects help in providing a better volume to the hair.
Amla has been used for hair care in India traditionally for centuries. Amla oil increases blood circulation and also helps in removing dandruff. Amla is also rich in Vitamin C. Regular consumption of amla (in diet) and application of amla infused oil can greatly improve hair volume.
Compounds present in Triphala repair hair follicles and increase hair volume, they also have antifungal, antibacterial properties. You can make Triphala a part of your diet (it also detoxifies the digestive system) or infuse Triphala powder into coconut oil and apply it to the hair.
Brahmi helps in lowering stress levels. It also remedies dry scalp conditions, split ends, dandruff, and itchiness, preventing hair loss and promoting better hair volume.
Home Remedies to Increase Hair Volume
In case you’re wondering how to increase hair strength and volume, employ these basic ingredients. Let’s learn how to increase hair volume naturally at home.
Avocados are rich in Vitamin C and Vitamin E. Let’s see how to increase hair volume with these two avocado masks by using them alternatively, once a week.
- Mix one avocado with olive or coconut oil. Add a mashed banana to this mixture and blend thoroughly. Apply the resulting mixture on the scalp and massage for few minutes. Let it sit for around 20 minutes.
- Mix one avocado with one egg. Apply the resulting mixture to your hair and keep it on for 30 minutes.
- Use a mild shampoo to wash your hair after applying these hair masks.
Apple Cider Vinegar
It has an acidic nature and makes the hair healthier. Let’s see how to increase hair volume using apple cider vinegar.
- Consuming – In a glass of water, mix 4-5 drops and drink every morning.
- Rinsing – After shampooing, use diluted apple cider vinegar to rinse your hair. Keep it wet for two minutes before rinsing off. This can be done once every week.
- Hair Mask – Mix two spoons with an equal amount of honey in water along with a few drops of olive oil. Apply this on the hair and wash after 15- 20 minutes.
Let’s see how to increase hair volume using the protein powerhouse - eggs.
- Mix two tablespoons of aloe vera gel with two eggs. Apply on your hair, let it dry for 20 minutes, and then rinse off with cool water. Repeat once a week.
- Add one spoon of fenugreek and one of henna to one egg, mix thoroughly to make a paste. Apply this on the hair and scalp and keep for half an hour before rinsing.
- Mix one banana and a spoon of coconut oil into an egg. Apply this in the hair and scalp and keep it for 20 minutes before washing off.
Fenugreek takes care of hair loss, dryness, and hair volume. With the below methods, you can learn how to increase hair volume by using fenugreek.
- Soak the seeds in water overnight. Blend them with some lemon juice and apply them to hair and scalp. Wash after half an hour using a mild shampoo.
- Mix fenugreek paste with honey and curd. Apply this pack to the hair. Rinse off after leaving for 20 minutes. Repeat once a week.
- Soak the seeds in water overnight. The next morning, drink this water. Within a month you will notice the results – improved digestion and hair volume.
Aloe Vera Gel
Massage aloe vera gel directly into the scalp and leave for an hour. Wash off with cold water. Aloe vera has anti-inflammatory. This keeps the scalp clean and makes hair follicles strong, thus reducing breakage and improving hair volume.
Diet for Thickness of Hair
As discussed before, a healthy and balanced diet rich in vitamins and minerals is the answer to how to increase hair volume.
- Keratin is a protein that is the building block of hair and hence a protein-rich diet is essential for good hair health.
- Nutrients such as antioxidants, amino acids, biotin, folic acid, Vitamins such as C, E, A, D promote better hair health.
- Minerals such as Selenium, Iron, Zinc nourish the hair.
You can include the below foods in your diet and eliminate the need of using any supplements:
- Fish, eggs as sources of protein
- Green and leafy vegetables to provide iron
- Yogurt is a source of Zinc
- Carrots are a source of Vitamin A
- Curry leaves provide calcium, iron, and Vitamin E, C, B, A
- Amla and citrus fruits are a rich source of Vitamin C
- Whole grains are rich in Vitamin B complex, biotin, and minerals such as zinc, iron
- Nuts like walnuts and flax seeds provide fatty acids
Dense and shiny hair can lend a person confidence and contribute to the identity. But one is often faced with the question of how to increase hair volume – now you know that it is not just a desirable trait, it is achievable too. You must remember that along with the remedies that are discussed above, a healthy diet and lifestyle are also essential in maintaining the health of the hair. You must try and follow a balanced stress-free life and remember that the internal state of the body and the mind is reflected in the state of the hair. If all is well inside, the hair will be joyous as well.
Popular ArticlesEffective Hair Fall Treatment For Men And Women | Shatavari Plant | Itchy Scalp | Telogen Effluvium | Ginger Powder | Shiny Hair | Hair Conditioner | Ginger Juice For Hair | Hair Smoothening | How Much Hair Fall Is Normal | Hair Rebonding | Hair Breakage | Role Of Nutrition In Hair Health | Scalp Psoriasis | Seborrheic Dermatitis | Postpartum Hair Loss | Female Pattern Baldness | Scalp Pain | How To Get Thick Hair Naturally | Layers Of Scalp
Buy Multivitamin Tablet | Buy Hair Fall Tablets | Buy Herbal Tablets | Buy Minoxidil 5% | Buy Herbal Hair Oil | Buy Hair Fall Shampoo | Buy Anti Dandruff Shampoo | Buy Hair Root Serum | Buy Digestion Tablets | Buy Shatavari Ghrita | Buy Minoxidil 2% |