Your hair has to go through numerous ailments during its growth path and this includes problems of splitting hair, hair greying, brittle hair, and many others issues. To ensure that your hair is well cared for, you need to come up with the proper hair care regimen that could boost the health and length of your tresses quickly.
Ayurvedic hair oils promise a range of benefits like minimizing frizz and reducing scalp itchiness. Ayurvedic hair oils also have excellent stress-busting qualities. Give yourself a relaxing head massage with a Bhringraj or Brahmi oil to get relief from headaches. Amla-based ayurvedic oil can go a long way in relieving headaches, and stress and also inducing a good night’s sleep. You can also apply Amla juice to your hair. Warm ayurvedic hair oil is very useful in improving the condition of your hair as it helps open up the hair follicles and allows the nutrients to enter the hair shaft more conveniently.
Regular hot oil treatment can be very effective in transforming broken and damaged hair into beautiful hair once again. Let’s find out about the different ways in which ayurveda can help you with better hair:
- Promotes Hair Growth: The natural ingredients present in Ayurvedic oils are very beneficial in augmenting hair growth. The amla, hibiscus, bhringraj, and brahmi content in different hair ayurvedic oils are very effective in helping the faster growth of stronger hair. To this end, bhringraj, one of the best ayurvedic oils, is considered one of the miracle herbs for hair growth.
- Curbs Premature Greying Of Hair: For those who do not want salt and pepper toned strands, help is on the way with the herbs, plant, and spice-infused ayurvedic oils. This help keep the scalp hydrated and moisturized which reduces the possibility of greying. This is only a potential way of decreasing the proliferation of grey hair but does not in any way guarantee blacker hair. The oils help in the proper circulation in the scalp and this helps in reducing the build-up of toxic elements in the scalp that lead to premature greying.
- Reduces Hairfall: ingredients such as neem, jatamansi, amla and brahmi are very effective in curbing hair fall issues as they help strengthen the hair roots and help promote the growth of healthy hair follicles.
- Nourish The Scalp: The most effective way to maintain healthy hair is by ensuring that your scalp is taken care of well. It offers the fertile ground for the proliferation of your hair follicles and beneficial oils such as brahmi and amla oil provide the right nutrients to your scalp to achieve that. This helps ensure that harmful UV rays and environmental pollutants have the least possible effect on your hair.
- Prevents Split Hairs: Applying ayurvedic oil on the scalp is the age-old remedy for ensuring that your hair achieves its full potential of length and beauty. All the herbs can be blended with your chosen essential oil, like coconut and olive oil and this makes it easier for the herbs to enter the hair shaft and seal in the moisture. This prevents split ends and also helps repair previous damage caused to the follicles.
- Curbs Dandruff: Dandruff is essentially a result of the imbalance of the pitta dosha in the body. This can lead to increased production of scalp oil which creates dandruff. Ayurvedic hair oil is very effective in correcting this imbalance and bringing the moisture levels in the scalp back to normal levels. Use ayurvedic oil on a regular basis to maintain a pitta balance. Also, use a paraben-free mild shampoo after applying the oil as harsher shampoos may further aggravate your oily scalp issues.
- Relieves Stress: Ayurvedic oils also have astounding cooling properties which provide a soothing feeling to the scalp by facilitating better blood circulation. They are very useful in relaxing the body which relieves body stress, and in the process leads to better hair health.
Process Of Applying Ayurvedic Oil
Though applying hot oil is a potent way to repair damaged strands and add to the health of your hair it has to be done in accordance with a definite process so that you derive the complete benefits.
- Take a test to find out which is the most appropriate oil for your hair. Once you manage to figure out what are the factors that have contributed to your hair issues, you will be in a better position to decide on the oil needed to correct the problem.
- You need to heat the oil to the correct degree and not hotter as you could end up burning your scalp.
- Make it a point to apply the oil from the roots of your hair to the tips and do it smoothly and evenly.
- Dip a towel in hot water, rinse it and wrap it around your head. Keep it for a duration of 20 minutes to allow the oils to seep into your scalp.
- Wash it off with a mild paraben-free shampoo.
Best Ayurvedic Hair Oil For Hair Growth
All ayurvedic oils have specific properties which could help enhance the condition of your hair in different ways. The best ayurvedic oils for you are those which have the correct ingredients to address your problems. However, some oils such as brahmi, amla, and bhringraj have versatile properties which add to the health of your hair in more ways than one. Let’s take a look at some of them.
- Bhringraj Oil: The bhringraj herb is part of the sunflower family and is a rich source of calcium, iron, magnesium, and vitamin E as well. It has several beneficial antifungal and antimicrobial qualities that help retain hair color and curb greying hair problems. Your hair also achieves a faster rate of growth propelled by the goodness of this oil.
- Amla Oil: Amla oil is rich in vitamin C and phytonutrients which help promote the growth and thickness of hair. It helps detoxify the blood and regulates blood flow. It can be used with essential oils like coconut and olive oil.
- Brahmi Oil: Brahmi Oil is one of the best oils to enhance hair growth and thickness. Comprising extracts from the Gotu Kola plant it helps strengthen hair roots and provides a soothing feeling to the scalp.
- Kumkumadi Oil: Kumkumadi or saffron oil has extremely beneficial properties and helps in rejuvenating your hair follicles and reviving scalp skin. This oil has a blend of herbs such as Gambhari, Gokshura, and Yashtimadhu which are very effective in promoting hair health.
- Fenugreek Or methi Oil: Fenugreek oil has excellent antifungal and antibacterial properties. It can be used to remove the yeast on your scalp that is the cause of dandruff. The rich protein and iron content in fenugreek will help augment hair growth. The oil also helps repair the effects of chemically loaded substances on your hair and bring back the natural gloss to your hair. It is also blessed with the goodness of vitamin A, C, and K apart from calcium and potassium which all work together to bring about quicker hair growth. The oil begins to show its effects after a period of 4 weeks.
- Shikakai Oil: Shikakai is one of the best hair cleansers. It is used extensively to add to the shine and silkiness of your hair. The vitamins, saponins, and antioxidants help improve the texture of your hair. It also removes scalp dryness by increasing the secretion of sebum. You can heal scalp inflammation and itchiness with the help of this oil. The antifungal properties help remove scalp dandruff and lead to faster hair growth. You can detangle your hair conveniently with its softening qualities. This facilitates lesser hair breakage and, in the process, reduced hair fall. It is also full of rich nutrients like vitamins A, K, and E which provide excellent nourishment and thereby curb hair fall. If split ends are your biggest issue shikakai is your biggest help. The antioxidant content curbs the harmful effects of damaging free radicals while stimulating the production of sebum to hydrate your hair.
Make a shikakai powder by grinding the seeds and add 2 tablespoons of this to some coconut oil and apply it to your hair with a thorough massage before washing it off an hour later. Try this 2 times a week for best results. This is one of the best ayurvedic hair oils.
The ayurvedic form of treatment is one of the best ways to treat your hair issues. Apart from the fact that they have very few side effects they also help improve the health of your hair naturally. Do take the Traya hair test to get an accurate diagnosis of your hair issues. This will facilitate your quicker journey towards complete hair health under the supervision of our experts.
Q1 - Can I use Ayurvedic hair oil daily?
Ans - No, you should ideally do it once a week. For drier hair, you could do it 2 times a week. Anything more than that could attract dirt to your hair and also strip your hair of all essential oils.
Q2 - Does Ayurvedic Hair Oil Help With Hair Growth?
Ans - Ayurvedic hair oil is very effective in nourishing your hair and helps in augmenting hair growth. It also protects the hair from the negative effects of the sun. An ayurvedic oil massage will also help in improving blood circulation of the scalp thereby providing your hair with nutrients that will lead to faster hair growth.