Aloe vera is one of the most beneficial ingredients for skin and hair alike. It is full of combined goodness of minerals, vitamins, and amino acids that help improve the condition of your skin and strands. The chemical makeup of aloe vera with vitamins A, C, and E which are all antioxidants combined with minerals like magnesium, selenium, copper, and calcium strengthens your hair and makes your scalp healthier. You can also use aloe vera to repair your damaged hair and help it grow faster.
Aloe vera does not contain any sulfates, parabens, or synthetic materials that harm your strands but contain loads of nutrients that penetrate the scalp to hydrate your hair and prevent inflammation and irritation. You only need to wash it off with normal water after applying it to your hair, as it fills your strands with all the natural goodness.
Aloe Vera Oil Benefits For Hair
There is a reason why aloe vera is dubbed as a magic potion for your hair. It has all the qualities to be able to make your hair shinier and healthier in a quick time. It can also be used with other ingredients to double the benefits it brings to your hair.
Makes Hair Stronger: It is loaded with active ingredients that make your hair stronger. The amino and fatty acids combine with a profusion of vitamins to strengthen hair. It has micronutrients like vitamins A, C, B12, and E apart from folic acid.
Prevents An Itchy Scalp: Aloe vera is very effective in controlling seborrheic dermatitis by curbing itchiness and scaliness of the scalp. It removes product buildup and dandruff and keeps your scalp clean. The red skin, dandruff, and scaly patches typical of this condition are greatly reduced. Chronic cases of seborrheic dermatitis can lead to great hair loss and aloe vera can prevent that from happening. Aloe vera has potent antifungal, antibacterial, and antiseptic properties that prevent microbial infections.
Stops Scalp Greasiness: Aloe vera has very potent enzymes that help in breaking down the excess oil in your hair and thereby prevent hair greasiness. Aloe vera is one of the safest ways of removing scalp buildup without adversely impacting the strands.
Offers Protection To Hair From UV Damage: Aloe vera provides a protective screen from harmful UV rays which cause hair to lose shine and color. This makes hair brittle and subject to breakage. The level of protection offered depends on the quality of your hair too.
Rejuvenates Your Scalp And Hair: Aloe vera has a rich moisture content that provides nutrients to your hair tissues and stops hair from becoming dry and frizzy. It closes your open hair cuticles and gives your hair a soft and silky texture. It has a similar pH value to your scalp and hair and could play a big role in helping restore the pH balance of your hair.
Stimulates Hair Growth: Use aloe vera hair oil for hair growth. It improves blood circulation in the scalp to nourish the hair follicles with minerals, vitamins, and oxygen to contribute to better quality hair. It has copper, zinc, and other proteolytic enzymes that work magnificently to ensure faster growth of your strands.
How To Use Aloe Vera For Hair
- Aloe vera is a very versatile agent for hair health and combines well with a variety of ingredients to create shiny, strong, and beautiful hair. The vitamin and mineral-rich aloe vera when combined with the goodness of other ingredients can make your journey towards better hair faster. Let’s find out about some aloe vera hair masks:
- Aloe Vera And Banana Hair Mask: Scoop out the gel from a freshly cut aloe vera leaf. Add 2 bananas to aloe vera gel and make a uniform paste. Apply this mix to your scalp and hair and wash it off after an hour with a mild shampoo. This blend helps moisturize your hair completely.
- Aloe Vera Coconut Oil For Hair: Mix together 2 tablespoons of aloe vera gel and 1 tablespoon of coconut oil. Apply this to your hair by starting at the roots as you work your way toward the tips. Then proceed to comb your hair so that the mask is evenly spread out. Wrap your hair with a warm towel so the nutrients seep into your pores. Wash your hair with mild shampoo and warm water after an hour.
- Aloe Vera And Ginger For Hair: Put half a cup of aloe vera gel and a quarter cup of ginger juice in a blender. Once properly mixed, transfer the contents to a spray bottle and spray over your hair. Massage your hair thoroughly after you are done and wash your hair the following morning with a mild shampoo.
- Castor Oil And Aloe Vera For Hair: Castor oil is an excellent remedy for repairing hair & split ends and preventing dandruff. Combined with aloe vera, it works wonderfully to stop hair fall and enhance hair growth. Add 2 tablespoons of castor oil to a cup of aloe vera gel, you could add 2 tablespoons of fenugreek powder too, and mix well to create a smooth paste. Apply this to your scalp and hair and wash it off the following morning.
- Aloe Vera And Apple Cider Vinegar For Hair: Add 3 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar to half a cup of aloe vera gel. Mix well to form a uniform blend. Add this mix to your scalp and across the length of your hair. Wash it off with a mild shampoo after a couple of hours.
- Aloe Vera And Egg Hair Mask: Mix 3 tablespoons of aloe vera gel with an egg. Use a brush to apply this to your hair and let this sit for 30 minutes. Let the rich nutritional qualities of this nourishing combination take over as it works its magic on your hair. Wash this off with a mild shampoo. This combination will remove dryness and make your hair less frizzy.
Effects Of Using Aloe Vera
Some people may be allergic to aloe vera and so it is advisable for you to take a patch test by applying it to your skin and checking if you experience any adverse reaction because of it.
The topical use of aloe vera use might at times irritate your skin. Similarly, oral intake of aloe vera, which is also taken as a laxative, can lead to cramps and diarrhea. This could create electrolyte imbalances in people who take aloe vera continuously. It can also dirty the colon, and make it hard to get a clear view during a colonoscopy. Therefore, you should avoid it for at least a month before having a colonoscopy. Aloe vera gel should be free of aloin if used topically or orally, as it can irritate the gastrointestinal tract.
Make it a point not to apply aloe vera to severe burns or deep cuts. All those people allergic to onions or garlic are more likely to be allergic to aloe. Do not consume high doses of aloe vera as it could be extremely dangerous. Avoid oral aloe vera if you have heart disease, intestinal problems, hemorrhoids, diabetes, electrolyte imbalances, or kidney problems.
The presence of different chemicals and active ingredients in aloe vera makes it one of the most beneficial herbs known to mankind. It can also be consumed and is a remedy for a host of problems including hepatitis and diabetes. Aloe vera is also environment and cost-friendly as it continues to grow after every use. If you plan to purchase aloe vera be sure to pick a product that is 100% natural and does not have additives like alcohol or fragrances. Aloe vera is largely safe for hair but remembers to take a Traya hair test to get an accurate diagnosis of your hair issues. You can then take the help of our experts at Traya as you move towards a quick resolution of your hair issues.
Q1 - How to make aloe vera oil for hair growth.
Ans - A blend of 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and 2 tablespoons of fresh aloe vera gel of uniform consistency work wonderfully to augment the growth of hair.
Q2 - How to make aloe vera oil at home for hair?
Ans - You need to use a fresh aloe vera leaf to make an aloe vera oil of better quality. Clean the aloe vera leaf, cut the spiny sides, and open the top. You can then scoop out the gel, put it in a mixer grinder, and keep it aside. Heat the gel and coconut oil in a pan until it turns brown. Let it cool and then strain it and keep it in a bottle.
Q3 - Can you mix coconut oil and aloe vera for hair?
Ans - Yes, you can mix aloe vera and coconut oil. But do ensure that the aloe vera is uniform and consistent. You can then add coconut oil to the gel and heat it till it begins to bubble. Turn off the gas and allow the blend to cool down.