Cumin is a spice that is essentially found in Asia, Africa, and Europe. Still, it is popular all across the world as a condiment to create more flavourful meals. Cumin also has excellent medicinal properties that are curative as well as preventive. And some of these properties also help enhance the quality of your hair and make it strong and healthy.
Cumin is blessed with the goodness of minerals like phosphorus, magnesium, iron, and manganese. It also has amino acids and several vitamins including vitamin A, E, B6, and C.
Black cumin seeds also known as Nigella Sativa provides great nourishment to your hair. It is loaded with antioxidants and has anti-inflammatory content which reduces hair fall and augments hair density. A number of people also testify to its capacity of helping in hair regrowth.
The oil that is extracted from black cumin seeds contains thymoquinone which works as an antioxidant and promotes antimicrobial activity. When oil is extracted from cumin seeds using a cold press technology, all the natural properties of the oil are preserved which has greater natural antioxidant content. It also has a thinner consistency than coconut oil and therefore spreads across the scalp and hair more easily. Black cumin seed oil supports the growth of hair and also helps restore damaged hair.
Health Benefits Of CuminCumin has some significant health benefits and this combined with its wonderful aroma and taste make it a chosen remedy for a number of people. Let’s find out more about the health benefits of cumin.
- Good For Several Ailments: It has a phytochemical compound called cumin aldehyde which enhances immunity and enables it to fight tumors, epilepsy, and diabetes among other things.
- Provides A Soothing Touch To The Skin And Prevents Acne: Cumin has a high vitamin E level and good anti-inflammatory properties, which are very useful in treating allergies. It kills skin germs and keeps infections away. The antibacterial and antifungal properties are also very good at curing itchy; skin issues.
- Itchy Scalp Issues: For those with dry or itchy scalp issues, you can use cumin seed oil every day. This can be massaged onto the scalp to enhance blood circulation, prevent hair loss and improve hair growth.
Black Cumin Seed Benefits For Hair
Black cumin seed benefits hair tremendously. They help in stopping hair fall and also enhance hair growth. It helps in nourishing the hair follicles which make the hair robust. It is a proven remedy for baldness and premature hair loss. Let’s find out more about how you can use this seed to enhance the health of your hair.
- Apply cumin seed oil: Apply cumin seed oil for hair growth to the bald spots on your scalp and massage thoroughly for 15 minutes. Wash it off after half an hour
- Cumin oil and apple cider vinegar: Boil a spoonful of cumin seeds in water and strain it after it becomes cool. Add 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar to the cumin water and rinse your hair with it. Wash this off with water an hour later.
- Cumin seeds and coconut oil: Coconut oil and cumin seeds have good antifungal and nourishing properties which facilitate faster hair growth. Mix a tablespoon each of cumin oil and coconut oil and add a teaspoon of honey to it. Apply this to the bald section and from the root to the tip of your strands. Dip a towel in warm water and tie it around your hair. The pores on your scalp will open up and allow the nourishing oils to enter. Wash your hair after 20 minutes. Repeat this procedure at least once a week.
- Henna and cumin seed mix: This is a very potent mix to improve the strength of your hair as well as to enhance hair health. While henna benefits your hair in numerous ways, cumin acts as an effective solution for scalp disorders and strengthening hair roots. These ingredients work in tandem to address all your nutritional deficiencies, repair your scalp and promote hair growth. Crush a spoonful of cumin seeds and mix it with a tablespoon of henna powder. Add some water and make a paste. Apply this paste to your hair and scalp and wash it off after 30 minutes with lukewarm water. Do this twice a week to solve your disappearing hair issues. This is one of the potent
- Black cumin, aloe vera, and onion: Take 2 tablespoons each of castor oil and cumin seeds. Put them in a blender and add slices of an onion and a tablespoon of aloe vera gel and blend to a good consistency. Apply this to your hair and wash it off after 45 minutes. Do this every week for the best results.
Uses Of Cumin For Hair
Apart from its comprehensive health benefits cumin also helps enhance the quality of your hair and skin. Jeera-infused water could help keep all infections at bay by removing harmful bacteria from your skin and you can also use cumin for hair. Let’s get to know more about cumin seed uses.
- Good For Hair Loss: Black cumin seeds for hair are a popular remedy and are extremely effective against thinning of hair and prevent hair fall. A hair pack that combines equal amounts of cumin oil and olive oil/coconut oil/almond oil is extremely effective in offering protection to your hair and scalp when applied after a bath.
You can also use a mix of henna and cumin powder. Apply the paste to your hair and scalp. Wash it off after 30 minutes. Try this twice a week as an effective remedy for receding hairlines.
- Promotes Hair Shine And Grows Long Hair: Black cumin seeds could be very useful in growing long and shiny hair. Boil 1 ½ tablespoons in a cup of water. Strain the water and add a raw egg yolk and olive oil and blend well. Apply this to your hair and scalp and wash it off in half an hour. Black cumin seeds for hair are considered one of the most powerful remedies. It has essential nutrients and vitamins which assist in hair growth and quality. Use cumin seeds for hair growth and cumin seed oil for hair longevity and quality.
Mix 2 parts of black cumin oil with 1 part of castor oil. Heat slightly to allow for easier blending of the 2 oils. Massage this thoroughly into your scalp, and wash it after an hour with cold water and shampoo. Try this twice a week the for best results. This is one of the potent black seeds used for hair.
- Helps Fight Dandruff: Cumin oil extract is an excellent antioxidant and can be an effective ingredient in different anti-dandruff treatment procedures. Boil 3 teaspoons of cumin seeds in 2 liters of water. Use this water to rinse your hair, this will sort out all your dandruff issues and make your tresses soft and shiny.
Benefits Of Black Cumin Seed Oil For Hair
Black seed oil has potent benefits for hair but how much will depend on the condition of your hair at that point in time. If your hair is badly damaged that the benefits will show, but slowly. On the other hand, people with very healthy hair might notice a marked difference in their hair quality as early as the following morning. For those with damaged hair, results will be visible only after at least 2 weeks of consistent use.
Black seed oil is full of the goodness of antioxidants that are very effective in neutralizing the harmful effects of free radicals on your strands. This helps keep your hair and scalp healthy and strong. Black seed oil also has omega-3 and 6 biomolecules that augment blood circulation. This could stimulate rapid hair growth within weeks.
Black seed oil has good fatty acid content which helps strengthen and condition your hair to make your strands softer. Different scalps produce different amounts of sebum and this is what makes hair dry or oily. Cumin oil helps regulate oil production on your scalp, which helps your hair remain well-conditioned and prevents greasiness.
Black seed oil is also a powerful ingredient for those with curly hair who suffer from dry hair issues. Using black seed oil will provide their hair with the right amount of hydration as it helps lock in moisture and add to the shiny and healthy look of your hair. Use the black seed on wet or damp hair, let it sit for about 40 minutes after covering it with a shower cap and then wash it off with a mild shampoo.
You can make a paste of cumin powder to treat hair problems such as alopecia areata or androgenic alopecia. This paste has nigellone and thymoquinone which are antihistamines and are given to patients with alopecia to prevent allergies and stimulate faster hair growth; one of many black cumin seed powder benefits for hair.
When it comes to cumin seeds amino acids are the x-factor. They help seal moisture in your scalp, and keep it healthy and properly conditioned. Cumin helps you save a lot of money if you use it as a part of your pre-wash routine. Oiling hair with cumin oil half an hour before you shampoo helps you condition your hair.
Cumin is used as an effective spice to enhance the taste of cuisines globally. Cumin has a number of health-giving benefits and it is a natural remedy for a number of illnesses. This is what makes it one of the healthiest drinks and inspires people to use cumin oil for hair strength as cumin seeds benefit hair in more ways than one. Take the Traya hair test to get an accurate diagnosis of your hair problems.
Black seed oil is added regularly to oils, shampoos, and a range of homemade hair care products to enhance the volume and improve the texture of your hair. Its continued use will help curb hair loss. There are more than 100 different nutrients present in cumin oil that provide nourishment to your follicles and hair.
Q1 - How To Use Black Cumin Seed Oil For Hair Growth.
Ans - Mix equal proportions of black cumin seed oil and coconut oil in a bowl and create a uniform blend. Massage the mix on your hair and scalp and concentrate on the thinning sections. Wash your hair with a mild shampoo and lukewarm water after half an hour.
Q2 - how to use cumin seeds for hair growth
Ans - Add 1 ½ cups of black cumin seeds to ¾ cup of water and boil it for 10 minutes. Strain it and add olive oil and a raw egg to this cumin water and mix well. Add this mixture to your hair and scalp and wash off after half an hour.
Q2 - Is Black Cumin Seed Good For Hair Growth?
Ans - Black cumin seeds have antioxidants and other bioactive compounds that help in hair growth and also strengthen hair roots. It has natural moisturizing properties that reduce scalp dryness and prevents hair fall.