Ghee is one of the most popular ingredients in Indian kitchens and has a number of health benefits. But probably fewer have thought about using the properties of ghee to improve the condition of their strands. There are also a number of benefits of eating ghee for hair. Traditionally ghee has been used as a home remedy to enhance the growth of hair. This is because it has vitamin A which helps augment the strength of hair as well as vitamin D which is very useful in helping combat hair loss. Ghee is usually made from cow’s milk but the thicker variety of ghee made from buffalo milk is also extremely popular. Let’s find out more about the ghee benefits for hair.
Enhances health of the scalp: Ghee is a very good remedy for an itchy scalp and dandruff. The beneficial antioxidant content helps fight free radicals and other infections. The moisturizing content helps keep your hair from getting frizzy and dry. It also has rich fatty acid, mineral, and vitamin content and that is why ghee for hair dandruff is a very popular remedy.
Helps in hair growth: Ghee has omega 3 and omega 9 fatty acids and when you massage warm ghee into your scalp you facilitate blood circulation which stimulates hair growth.
Moisturizes and nourishes hair: When your hair lacks moisture it becomes dry and dull and is more prone to damage. The fatty acids help nourish the scalp, ensure that your follicles stay healthy and reduce hair fall.
Works as a hair conditioner: A blend of a tablespoon of olive and 2 tablespoons of ghee will do the trick as they work wonderfully to keep your hair shiny. The rich vitamin E content is a great solution for frizzy hair. You can leave the ghee in your hair overnight for best results.
Enhances hair shine and texture: If shiny hair is what you are looking for, then your search stops with ghee. Apply ghee directly to the scalp and find your hair glowing and shining with better health. Ghee also helps make hair softer because it is made from butter. Better hair health might also produce the feeling of enhanced volume and thickness which makes it easier to style your hair. Ghee uses for skin and hair is manifold and you can also feel its benefits as it helps with wrinkle-free skin and stronger hair. A regular process of ghee massage is believed to curb the effects of aging on hair and skin alike.
Prevents greying of hair: You can also use cow ghee for grey hair as it has certain enzymes that could help reverse the process of greying hair. Massage 2 tablespoons of ghee and massage gently into your hair roots. Wash this off after half an hour with shampoo and lukewarm water.
Repairs split ends: The vitamins A, K2, D, and E that are present in ghee, apart from a number of other antioxidants, help in improving hair health and are widely regarded as a very good cure for split ends.
There are also a number of benefits of eating ghee for skin and hair. It moisturizes the skin and makes it softer. It provides a glow while also serving to minimize the dark spots on your skin. It also offers very effective protection to your skin in colder weather and helps repair dry skin.
Ways Of Using Ghee For Thick Hair
There are a number of ghee uses for skin and hair. Drinking milk mixed with ghee and turmeric is very good to revive hair health and remove bald patches. A number of people use ghee for hair straightening as it is the ultimate natural conditioner as it detangles frizzy hair and makes it smoother. Let’s find out about some more ways of improving the quality of your strands.
- Ghee And Almonds: You can use cow ghee for hair as it is filled with the goodness of conjugated linolenic acid, carotenoids, vitamins A and E and omega 3 fatty acids, Heat cow ghee in a container and add some chopped almonds to it. The almonds need to turn black and then you can remove the bowl from the flame. Apply it to your hair while it is still warm. Wash off with a mild shampoo and use warm water. This hair treatment with Ghee helps stop hair fall making it silky, shiny, and strong.
- Ghee And Olive Oil: The combination of olive oil and cow ghee for hair is very effective in removing hair dryness and enhancing its texture as they have natural conditioning properties. You can add a tablespoon of olive oil to 2 tablespoons of ghee and apply it to your hair and scalp to improve your hair texture. Another very effective remedy is to prepare a mix of 1 teaspoon each of olive oil and aloe vera with 4 teaspoons of ghee. Apply this thoroughly to your scalp and hair roots before washing it off after a couple of hours with a mild shampoo. This is a very effective remedy for frizzy hair and to repair split ends.
- Ghee With Coconut Oil: A good massage is at most times the perfect remedy for improving the blood circulation in your scalp and augmenting hair growth. Mix 3 tablespoons of ghee with 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and provide a relaxing massage to your scalp to increase the strength of your strands.
- Ghee And Honey: Take 3 tablespoons of ghee and add 3 drops of honey to it. Apply it well across your scalp and along the entire length of your hair. Wash it off after an hour with cold water. The combination works wonders as a natural moisturizer while the antibacterial properties of honey are very effective in helping keep your hair clean and free from infections.
- Ghee And Castor Oil For Hair: Castor oil is a very potent remedy for stronger hair. A combination of ghee and castor oil can also be used along with some coconut oil to help reduce hair fall. The coconut oil helps facilitate a smoother mix that can spread across the scalp more easily.
- Ghee And Onion Juice For Hair: If you are looking for faster hair growth then the combination of onion juice and ghee will help you achieve your goal. Mix 2 tablespoons of ghee with 1 tablespoon of onion oil and use it as an overnight hair mask. Wash it off the following morning with mild shampoo and cold water.
There are also a number of benefits of eating ghee for skin and hair alike. The goodness of vitamins A, D, and E help maintain the elasticity of your skin and work as a natural anti-aging ingredient. Consuming ghee in the right amount is also helpful in removing skin pigmentation. Ghee also helps improve gut health as it helps in easy bowel movement and facilitates the removal of toxins from your body. A body free of all impurities naturally helps in better skin and hair health.
You can add a spoonful of ghee to your morning tea or coffee to feel a burst of energy as you are ready to take on the challenges of the day. It also regulates your appetite and helps you keep your weight in check. In the winter season, a regular intake of ghee will keep you warm and keep you full of energy in mind and body.
There is no doubt that ghee is a very effective scalp nourishes. While it is safer than a number of other products available in the market, it could yet have some undesirable effects if you have certain hair conditions. For instance, for those with oilyr hair, ghee could end up clogging your pores making it look extremely greasy. Also, it is important to remember not to heat style your hair after applying ghee to it as it could increase the heat in your strands and you could end up burning it. Do take a Traya hair test and get a proper diagnosis of the real condition of your hair. This will help our experts provide you with more effective solutions to enhance the health and life of your strands.
Q1 - Is Ghee Good For Hair?
Ans - Ghee is loaded with Omega 3 fatty acids and antioxidants which make it an excellent conditioner and helps give life to dry and fizzy hair. It moisturizes the scalp and strengthens the hair roots.
Q2 - Can We Apply Ghee On Hair?
Ghee is one of the best natural conditioners of hair as it does not contain any added chemicals which could damage the scalp. You can use ghee as a conditioner after you shampoo to enhance the silkiness of your hair.
Q3 - How To Apply Ghee On Hair?
You can mix ghee with lemon juice and massage it to your scalp and wash it off after 20 minutes. You can also add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to 2 tablespoons of ghee and apply it to your hair. This blend has a lot of vitamin E which helps you grow silky smooth hair and also acts as an excellent scalp conditioner. You can also massage your hair with warm ghee to improve blood circulation on your scalp.
Q4 - Is Desi Ghee Good For Hair?
Ans - Desi ghee ensures that your hair is well-nourished and adds to the strength of your strands.
Q5 - Is Cow Ghee Good For Hair?
Ans - Cow ghee is loaded with a number of nutrients that help solve your hair issues. Massaging your hair with cow ghee will augment the growth of your strands.