Common mistakes made while treating hair loss
Regular brushing, washing, conditioning and oiling - you may follow several hair care steps to keep your locks looking at their best. But are you sure of what’s specifically good for your hair and you’re taking proper care of your hair? Hair health is not isolated from your overall health. If your health isn’t at are not very healthy overall, it will show on your hair as well. However, there are many lifestyle mistakes that also result in the damage of hair.
It’s common to have a perception that nobody knows your hair better than you do. But that’s not the case always as it’s easy to go wrong when maintaining your hair. There are certain factors like diseases, medications, age, hormones and genes that are the biggest culprits behind hair loss upon which we have little to no control but there are things we do on a daily basis that are also making our hair more prone to damage, breakage and fallout.
Here are common hair mistakes made while treating hair loss that you should avoid:
- Combing or brushing hair harshly: Brushing hair harshly can cause hair loss especially if it’s done after a bath. Be gentle when brushing your hair, apply full strokes from the scalp to the tip of your hair. If possible make use of a wide toothed comb to prevent hair loss.
- A bad choice of the hair care products: Hair care products like styling gels, sprays, hair colors, dryers can damage your hair and make hair stiff and sticky. Some products contain harmful chemicals that cause major damage to hair and make hair lose it’s natural shine. It may also lead to hair loss, frizzy hair and greying. For better hair care try Traya’s science backed Hair care products.
- Shampooing hair too much: Washing your hair and keeping your scalp clean is one of the most important hair care steps to take. However, if you shampoo every day, you might be causing damage to your hair. Shampoo traps oil and causes your hair to become dry and prone to breakage. This, in turn, can lead to thinning of your hair. It’s best to wash your hair with shampoo only 2 days in a week. What also matters the most is the choice of right shampoo. Buy only the ones which are science backed. Try Hair fall shampoo if you are experiencing too much hair fall and Anti dandruff shampoo to free your hair from dandruff.
- Bad Eating habits: Skipping meals or taking improper nutrition has a direct impact on hair health. Healthy hair demands good consumption of proteins and other vitamins and minerals. Make foods from all the five food groups a part of your daily diet. For more read at How can you eat healthy to manage your hair loss!
- Tight tie-ups: Tightly fastened hair braids or ponytails cause tension to the roots and follicles. Pulling the hair too tight causes damage and must be avoided, especially at night. Try to sleep without tying your hair at night as it will help prevent hair loss.
- Not oiling hair: Oiling your hair might be very unglamorous to look at but oils deeply nourish the hair follicles. Massaging your scalp with oil twice a week helps improve circulation thus contributing to overall hair health. Try Herbal Hair scalp oil that targets scalp heat, prevents dandruff, and acts as a stressbuster.