Health Benefits of Antioxidant Supplements
Antioxidants are extremely important for the general health of your body. They help reduce the cell damage, caused by free radicals that are produced by the body as a reaction to certain environmental and external factors. Antioxidants that can be produced by the body are called endogenous while those that enter the body from outside, are called exogenous. Antioxidants can be natural or man-made. So, the first question you need to ask yourself is, do you need antioxidant supplements or are the antioxidants that are a result of your daily diet sufficient for you?
About Antioxidant Supplements
It is always better to increase your antioxidant intake from your food than with the help of supplements. A diet of fresh fruits and vegetables will ensure that your body gets the required dose of antioxidants to stay healthy. You do not need to buy immunity boosters if you have a diet that includes the following antioxidants :-
- Vitamin A: found in carrot, milk, sweet potatoes and liver
- Vitamin C: found in broccoli and cauliflower
- Vitamin E: found in leafy greens and almonds
- Zinc: found in beef and pumpkin seeds
- Selenium: found in fish and shellfish
It is believed that increasing the antioxidant intake is helpful in protecting the body from several serious diseases like cancer and heart complications. The supplements however need to be taken only under medical supervision as they could pose some risks if the dosages are not correct.
Uses of Antioxidant Supplements
Antioxidant supplements contain a higher level of antioxidants, which is capable of neutralising the extremely toxic free radicals that are present in the body. They are naturally produced in the body and are even generated from as a result of activities like physical exercise and digestion. When the free radicals present in the body approach extremely high levels, the body cannot control them and this causes oxidative stress. In the long run, this stress could lead to aging symptoms and result in various illnesses including cancer. Antioxidant supplements are necessary to combat these extreme levels of oxidative stress.
How to Use Antioxidant Supplements
When it comes to using antioxidant supplements, less is more. To eliminate the free radicals from the body, a healthy diet is the key. A customized diet needs to be planned, depending on the degree of oxidative stress your body is going through. There is a particular test called the FRAP analysis which helps measure the antioxidant content of foods. This is measured by its ability to reduce the effect of any particular free radical. A higher FRAP value indicates the presence of a greater number of antioxidants in the food. However, if a diet with a healthy mix of potent antioxidants proves to be insufficient, an extra strong dose of supplements might be deemed necessary.
How Antioxidant Supplement Works
- Supplements contain concentrated levels of antioxidants which help keep the body’s cells healthy by reducing the effect of free radicals. It is then advisable to restrict your antioxidant intake as it could have some damaging effects on your health.
- Antioxidant supplements affect the way the body responds to exercise and may even decrease the health advantages of exercise.
- Certain antioxidants supplements like beta-carotene can interfere with cancer medications, by nullifying their effect and could even cause of cancer. You should ideally check with your doctor before having these supplements.
- Antioxidant supplements containing vitamin A increase the risk of birth defects in pregnant women.
Vitamin for Antioxidant Supplements
Vitamins are meant to be taken orally once daily or as recommended. You should not take more than the suggested dosage. A daily consumption is ideal to avail maximum benefits. The following vitamins can all be included in antioxidant supplements.
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin E
Of these the 3 main antioxidant vitamins are beta-carotene, vitamin C and vitamin E. If you do not include enough fruits and vegetables in your diet, it is vital that you consume antioxidant multivitamins with minerals, in the form of tablets.
Where to Buy Antioxidant Supplements Online
A number of online portals offer antioxidant tablets and supplements but it is advisable to first consult a doctor and buy the tablets from a trusted, recognised source. In fact, you don’t have to look too far, as the range of antioxidant supplement products at Traya are widely considered to be among the best in their categories. The various ingredients used in products like Hair Vitamins, Hair Ras, Health Tatva Herbs and Digestion Herbs are sourced from the finest raw materials and are guaranteed to add to your health. Ingredients like biotin, green tea extracts, grapefruit extract and herbs such as bhringraj, ashwagandha, guduchi, shatavari, yashtimadhu, haritaki among others are used to prepare various products of superior quality and put you firmly on the road to better health.
Collection of Best Antioxidant Supplements Online at Traya
At Traya we have the full range of antioxidant supplements that are extremely effective in preventing illnesses and promoting the health of the individual. Let’s find out more:
- Hair Vitamins: These capsules are composed of beneficial antioxidant vitamins and minerals that are very useful in augmenting hair and skin health. It is a good remedy for any form of iron deficiency which might lead to hair loss. Its pumpkin seed extract content makes it a natural DHT blocker and reduces progressive baldness. Apart from that, it prevents inflammation and improves cell regeneration.
- Hair Ras: These antioxidant capsules contain a potent ayurvedic mix that improves blood flow to the follicles and prevents them from shrinking, further promoting hair regrowth. The presence of herbs like bhringraj, amla and ashwagandha, brings with it a host of benefits for hair and body like curbing premature greying and reviving the hair follicles. It also helps push up the iron levels, which in turn preventshair fall and maintains hormonal balance.
- Health Tatva Herbs: This detoxifying ayurvedic formula addresses absorption issues in the gut and improves metabolism. This. in turn, augments hair growth by removing all impediments, while also increasing the body’s energy levels. Buy herbal products like these which facilitate the better absorption of all nutrients, detoxify and increase the antioxidant activity in the body. This is one of the best antioxidant supplements.
- Shatavari Nasal Drops: This is a very innovative and effective way of arresting hair fall by focusing on the root cause. Containing ayurvedic herbs like shatavari, yashtimadhu and jatamansi, the drops stimulate the hair roots from within, thereby augmenting hair growth. One of the added benefits is that its soothing effect aids sleep while at the same time improving hair quality.
- Digestion Herbs: Digestion and gut issues can severely impact the quality of your hair and therefore this digestive product, made with cumin, clove, pepper and ginger, can help solve your problems. The herbs are very useful in offering relief from constipation & gas and regulates your bowel movements. This in turn leads to better skin and hair and are considered among the best antioxidant tablets available in the market.
There are certain facts about antioxidant supplements that are as common as they are confusing. Let us look at the common misconceptions surrounding antioxidant supplements:
It is always advisable to get your antioxidants through food. Antioxidant supplements should always be taken if you are not able to incorporate antioxidants in your normal diet and should be done with medical supervision.
While antioxidant supplements are generally considered safe, they could be harmful if taken in excess. They could neutralize the benefits of exercise and cause cancer and pregnancy related issues.
They protect your body cells against the harmful effects of free radicals which may cause heart problems and cancer apart from other illnesses. Free radicals are the harmful molecules produced when your body breaks down food or the result of other environmental factors.
Product Table Price List
These antioxidant supplements from Traya are guaranteed to offer you relief from all your specific ailments and lead to better skin and hair health. Let us take a look at the products that could help you begin your journey towards healthier hair:
- Hair Vitamins (30 capsules) – ₹ 520
- Hair Ras (120 tablets) – ₹ 450
- Health Tatva Herbs (60 tablets) – ₹ 300
- Shatavari Nasal Drops (10 ml) – ₹ 150
- Digestion Herbs (30 tablets) – ₹ 200
The bottom line is that antioxidant supplements do have their uses but only if taken in moderation and therefore antioxidant capsule use should be kept to a minimum. An excess dosage could produce undesirable side effects. Do visit us at Traya and know more about them, as our experts give you the details of our range of antioxidant supplements.
Dr. Jaspreet Sarna, M.D
Dr. Sarna is an MD (Skin & VD) with a decade-long experience in treating hair loss and working on hair regrowth. She believes stress management is the key to good health.