Hair transplant cost in
4 - 8 Hours
What is Hair Transplantation?
Hair transplant surgery involves relocating hair from areas of the body with healthy hair growth to balding or thinning regions on the scalp. This procedure, also referred to as hair restoration or hair replacement, is typically considered by individuals who have advanced hair loss and have had no success with other hair loss treatments
Indications for Hair Transplant
When contemplating a hair transplant, two key factors to consider are the size of the balding area and the extent of hair loss. If you have a large balding area or have been experiencing hair loss for many years, you're more likely to benefit from a transplant. Particularly, if your hair loss has advanced beyond the 5th stage of the Norwood Scale of Hair Loss, a transplant may be necessary. However, for hair loss that hasn't progressed to this stage, exploring natural treatment options and making lifestyle adjustments can greatly improve your chances of hair regrowth and enhancement, enabling you to avoid invasive procedures.
Hair Transplant Method
Hair transplant surgery can be broken down into 3 simple processes. It starts with choosing the extraction process and then implantation followed by the healing and hair growth:
- Extraction Process:
- Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT): A small strip of skin with hair is taken from the back of your head.
- Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE): Instead of removing a strip of skin, individual hair follicles are extracted directly from the scalp with a special tool.
- Implantation: After extraction, the hair is kept in a condition suitable for regrowth. During implantation, the surgeon creates tiny incisions in the balding or thinning areas of your scalp. The prepared hair follicles are then inserted into these incisions, one by one.
- Healing and Hair Growth: Post-surgery, the scalp undergoes a healing period. The transplanted hair initially falls out, but new hair begins to grow from these follicles within a few months. It's crucial to maintain the transplanted hair, as the procedure isn't permanent.
Breakdown of Factors Influencing Kota Hair Transplant Expenses
- Choice of Hair Transplant Technique - Options include FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction), FUT (Follicular Unit Transplant), and DHT (Direct Hair Transplant).
- Professional Fees for Consultation and Surgery - Costs attributed to the doctor's expertise and time during consultation and operation.
- Condition Severity Level - Price variations based on the extent of hair loss or baldness.
- Graft Quantity Utilization - Impact on cost depending on how many grafts are required for the procedure.
- Extraction Method Employed - Financial implications of the chosen method for extracting hair follicles.
- Session Count Required for Completion - The total number of sessions needed and how it affects overall expenses.
Should I get a Hair Transplant?
If you satisfy the following conditions, you need to get a hair transplant:
- Large Balding Area
- You have had hair loss for many years
- Hair loss beyond 5th Stage of the Norwood Scale of Hair Los
However, for hair loss that hasn't progressed to this stage, exploring natural treatment options and making lifestyle adjustments can greatly improve your chances of hair regrowth and enhancement, enabling you to avoid invasive procedures.
What is the average cost of a Hair Transplant in Kota
The hair transplant cost in Kota can vary depending on the factors mentioned above. To provide an idea of the potential costs, refer to the table below:
|Up to 1000 Hair Grafts
|Above 1000-1500 Hair Grafts
|Above 1500-2000 Hair Grafts
|Above 2000-2500 Hair Grafts
|Above 2500-3000 Hair Grafts
|Above 3000-3500 Hair Grafts
|Above 3500-4000 Hair Grafts
|PRP per session
The cost of a hair transplant procedure is influenced by several factors:
- Type of Procedure: FUT (Follicular Unit Transplantation), where a strip of skin is removed, typically costs less than FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction), which involves extracting individual hair follicles. FUE requires more time and specialized skills.
- Extent of Hair Loss: The larger the area of baldness, the more grafts are needed, increasing the cost. If you're seeking higher hair density, this also adds to the expense.
- Doctor's Expertise: The experience and reputation of the doctor performing the transplant can significantly impact the cost.
- Location of the Clinic: Clinics located in popular areas of the city often charge more, reflecting their investment in modern technology and infrastructure.
Therefore, when considering a hair transplant in a specific city, these factors collectively contribute to the overall cost of the procedure.
Typically, in Kota, the cost of Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT) is lower than that of Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE). This difference in cost is due to the methodologies used in each procedure. The FUE technique involves the extraction of individual hair follicles, which requires specialized tools and a higher level of expertise from medical professionals. Conversely, in the FUT method, doctors remove a strip of skin from the patient, which, while simpler and less time-consuming, results in more significant scarring.
Hair transplant surgery, like any medical procedure, carries potential side effects and complications. Some of the common ones include:
- Bleeding and Infection: As with any surgery, there's a risk of bleeding and infection, although these are usually minor and manageable.
- Scarring: Both FUT and FUE methods can leave scars.
- Pain and Swelling: Some degree of pain and swelling around the surgery area is common, but it typically subsides within a few days.
- Numbness or Itching: Temporary numbness or itching may occur in the treated areas.
- Folliculitis: This is inflammation of the hair follicles, which can occur when new hairs start to grow.
- Shock Loss: Sometimes, the transplanted or even surrounding hair can fall out after the procedure, known as "shock loss”. This is usually temporary.
- Unnatural-Looking Hair: If the procedure isn't done skillfully, the transplanted hair might look unnatural.
- Failure to Grow: In some cases, transplanted hair might not take root and grow as expected.
The price range for hair transplant in Kota ranges anywhere from Rs. 80,000 to 3.5 Lakhs depending on the extent of hair loss, transplant procedure, expertise of doctor and cost of living in the area in Kota
The usual session duration can last from 4 to 8 hours. However, for extensive hair loss requiring a large number of grafts, the procedure might be planned over two consecutive days. In cases where multiple sessions are needed, the entire process could span several months, with each session lasting several hours and spaced out to allow for healing between sessions.
The usual duration of a hair transplant surgery procedure can range from a single session to multiple sessions spaced several months apart. The number of sessions required for a complete hair transplant also depends on the individual's hair loss extent and the desired density.
It's generally advisable to wait until at least the early 30s for a hair transplant. This is because getting a transplant too early might result in an unnatural-looking hairline as hair loss progresses. Moreover, if you are at an early stage, a transplant may not be required and a non-invasive, natural treatment can also help.
At an early stage, natural and holistic treatments such as Traya’s hair treatment can help with Male Pattern Baldness. However, in advanced stages (Stage 5+ of Norwood scale of Hair loss), invasive procedures like a Hair Transplant may help for Male Pattern Baldness. You can give Traya’s Free Hair test to find out your stage, hair loss type, reason behind your hair loss and the best treatment option for your hair loss.
he potential adverse effects of a transplant can include infection, bleeding, scarring, unnatural-looking tufts of hair, and a condition called shock loss, where the hair in the treated area falls out and then typically grows back. These are general potential side effects of any surgery and transplant is no exception.
Along with potential risks such as infection, bleeding and scarring, complications due to a hair transplant can also include graft failure, where the transplanted hair does not take root and grow, and continued hair loss in non-treated areas, which can affect the overall appearance.
The typical recovery timeline after a hair transplant involves several stages:
- Immediate post-surgery: Swelling, redness, and some discomfort can be expected.
- First few weeks: Scabs form around the graft areas and shed along with the transplanted hair, leading to what is known as shock loss.
- 1 to 3 months: The hair begins to grow from the transplanted follicles.
- 6 to 12 months: Significant hair growth should be visible, with the final results often seen around 12 to 18 months post-surgery.
It's essential to follow post-operative care instructions closely to ensure the best outcome and minimise risks. Moreover, it is important to understand that hair transplantation is not a permanent solution and you still need to maintain your hair post the transplant procedure.
Hair Transplant in Nearby Cities of India
You may like
1.This information has been gathered from various sources and is provided on ‘as is’ basis. The information is being provided for convenience and for informational purposes only; it does not constitute an endorsement or an approval by Traya of any corporation or organization or individual. Traya bears no responsibility or liability for the authenticity, accuracy, legality, completeness, reliability, appropriateness, or content of the information. Users should exercise their discretion and do their due diligence before taking any action based on the information and/or before approaching any doctor. Traya is not responsible for any damages that may arise out of the use/reliance of the information provided herein.
2. If any doctor wishes to get their information deleted/modified, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will take the necessary actions as soon as possible.