Diet PlanPCOS & Great Hair
*please note – the timings mentioned are approximate and to give you a rough idea of the time interval between meals.
*you can use the same ingredients to make different variety of foods that you like.
GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR PCOS:
- Regular exercise is essential.
- 5-10ml of Apple Cider Vinegar (raw, unfiltered, with mother culture) in 1 glass lukewarm water 20 minutes before lunch and dinner can help in lowering insulin resistance. ACV can also be added to your salads.
- High fatty foods like butter, cheese, mayonnaise, deep fried foods (samosa, vada, chips etc), sweets, desserts and other bakery items are to be strictly avoided.
- Packaged/ processed/ refined/ excessively salty foods are to be avoided.
- Use of ghee/ oil as a cooking medium should be restricted to 3-5 teaspoons per day per person.
- Avoid red meat. Lean meat like chicken and fishes which have good fats can be consumed.
- Consume high fibre, high protein foods and lots of vegetables and fruits.
- Food rich in good fats (like avocado, seeds, nuts, coconut) should be consumed in moderation.
ON WAKING UP/ 7-7:15AM:
- 1 glass lukewarm water (No honey/ jaggery. Lemon optional) AND 6-8 overnight soaked black raisins with the water + 2 strands kesar/saffron soaked overnight with the water
FIRST MEAL/ 20 MINS AFTER WAKING UP/ 7:30 -8AM: Any one of these:
- 4-5 overnight soaked & peeled almonds+ 2-3 halves walnut + 2 dates/ soaked figs
- A fresh fruit- apple or banana preferably (banana is a good pre workout option)
- Apple + 1 tea spoon unsweetened peanut butter + sprinkle of seeds (roasted flax, pumpkin & sunflower seed mix)
SECOND MEAL/ BREAKFAST/ 8-8:30AM: Any one of these:
- Poha with lot of veggies & cooked moong sprouts - 1 bowl
- Upma with lot of veggies - 1 bowl
- Multigrain LOW FAT paneer & vegetable sandwich – 1 nos
- Moong dal chillas with veggies in it & green chutney – 2 nos
- Jowar Parathas stuffed with vegetables & LOW FAT paneer – 2 nos
- 3 eggs whites + veggies (omelette/bhurji) with 1 multigrain toast
- Oats/ Museli – overnight oats/ smoothie/ oats chia pudding/ masala oats with veggies
- Protein patties (made with chole/rajma/soya chunks/tofu + lot of veggies) -2 nos + green chutney
THIRD MEAL/ MID MEAL/ 10-10:30 AM: Any one of these:
- Fruit + green tea 1 cup
- Fruit + seeds (roasted flax, pumpkin and sunflower seeds -1 spoon) + nuts (4 almonds, 3 halves walnut, 2 dates)
- A glass of THIN buttermilk
- A bowl of green salad
- Coconut water
FOURTH MEAL/ LUNCH/ 12-1pm: Any one of these:
- 2 Rotis (Jowar or Ragi OR Bajra OR Kuttu) + 1 bowl green subzi cooked + 1 bowl thin dal + 1 bowl salad
- 1 small bowl rice + 1 bowl cooked green subzi + 1 bowl thin dal + 1 bowl salad
- Quinoa (1 small bowl) + stir fry veggies + vegetable soup
- Roti OR Rice + Egg/Chicken/Fish (steamed or boiled or grilled) + 1 bowl cooked green subzi + salad
- Gluten free pasta OR Noodles with lots of veggies + vegetable soup + 1 bowl salad
- Dal palak khichdi + kadhi
FIFTH MEAL/ MID MEAL/ 3-4pm: Any one of these:
- Fruit + green tea
- Green tea + 2 diet khakra
SIXTH MEAL/ MID MEAL/ 5:30-6:30pm: Any one of these:
- Half cup roasted channa
- Roasted mumra/ makhana chaat (with chopped tomato, cucumber, onion, coriander, lime, black salt) – 1 bowl
- Flavoured yoghurt + 2 spoons museli
- 2-3 egg whites + veggies
- Sprout salad (boiled sprouts of choice with chopped raw veggies of choice & seasoning)
- 2 pcs of sesame/ peanut/ rajgeera chikki
SEVENTH MEAL/ DINNER/ 8-8:30PM: 1 bowl vegetable soup daily +any one of these:
- Rice (small bowl) OR Roti (jowar/ nachni/ bajra – 2nos) + 1 bowl cooked green subzi + 1 bowl thin dal + salad
- Rice (small bowl) OR Roti (jowar/ nachni/ bajra – 2nos) + 1 bowl cooked green subzi + Egg/Chicken/Fish (boiled or grilled or steamed) + salad
- Khichdi with veggies & kadhi
- Stuffed vegetable & LOW FAT paneer parathas with curd or green chutney
- Soya/ Tofu/Egg curry with Rice OR Roti + 1 bowl salad
- Gluten free pasta OR noodles with lots of veggies & choice of sauce (peri peri/ pesto/ garlic sauce/ tomato basil sauce) + soup + salad
- LOW FAT Paneer/ Tofu and vegetable rolls – 2 nos
- Egg fried rice OR Vegetable fried rice + soup + salad
- Hummus (chickpea hummus/ beetroot hummus/ black bean hummus/ moong sprout hummus) and mushroom toast -2 nos + soup + salad